Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-19-2011, 12:37 PM   #15
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
So does this improve performance or just make it easier for the average driver to drive the car hard? I'm just wondering if it will help the track times improve for a professional driver like we'll see in the magazines, or if they will just turn everything off for the best times. Sounds awesome either way.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:58 PM   #16
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
This sounds really awesome! The GT500 will get a run for its money! Hopefully the ZL1 can beat it the first year & add more power the following year to beat it again. I really am interested to see what the Z28 will be like. I'm hoping that since this car is out of the price range at $50,000 that the Z28 will be a track monster at a lower price but we will see.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #17
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
great times were are in.

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #18
ShaunBailey

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Menace View Post
Great info! My curiosity lies in understanding how much of a difference in feel there is between that "most aggressive setting" and it's extreme. Does it feel any different than what's on the SS as far as nannies on and then off?
If the system operates like it does on the Corvette ZR1 then in the lowest setting it will leave stability control on, as in one press of the current SS traction control button. Competition mode will be like mode 2 and the other modes 3 and 4 will be something in between. Full off is sure to be an option, and there will probably be a WET traction mode like the ZR1.

-Shaun
ShaunBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #19
ShaunBailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInMoscow View Post
Hmmm..........sounds really familiar............

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131217
Yep, I made those speculations from rumor and spotting the "+/-" buttons on the show car. It wasn't until our photographer had a chance to push those buttons that we actually saw proof in the instrument cluster.

-Shaun
Old 03-19-2011, 01:20 PM   #20
ShaunBailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Z28350 View Post
Ron Fellows? I would assume (even though we know what assuming does):

http://www.corvetteracing.com/driver...nfellows.shtml
That would be the correct Ron Fellows.

-Shaun
Old 03-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #21
ShaunBailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
So does this improve performance or just make it easier for the average driver to drive the car hard? I'm just wondering if it will help the track times improve for a professional driver like we'll see in the magazines, or if they will just turn everything off for the best times. Sounds awesome either way.
The PTM (Performance Traction Management) system in the ZR1 does improve a professional drivers lap time when in full race mode. I can only assume the system will work as well in the ZR1. Because the system disables stability control in full race mode it is not meant for an unskilled driver.

-Shaun
Old 03-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #22
Blue Menace

Drives: 2013 WRX Sedan
Thanks, Shaun. I actually stopped being lazy and looked it up. It sounds really cool and adds a lot of custom to the feel of the ride. Excellent!
Blue Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #23
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
This sounds really awesome! The GT500 will get a run for its money! Hopefully the ZL1 can beat it the first year & add more power the following year to beat it again. I really am interested to see what the Z28 will be like. I'm hoping that since this car is out of the price range at $50,000 that the Z28 will be a track monster at a lower price but we will see.
Hi, it's been a back and forth game between Ford and Chevy for decades.., who wins on Sunday sells on Monday was the phrase a long time ago. I think it's exciting too, competition is a good thing. This will remain the same going forward. Having said that though, I am not the least bit concerned if in the meantime Ford ads 150 HP, a warp drive, mag lev propulsion or whatever to the GT500. I am not going to race at Watkins Glen, the Poconos, Raceway Park..or on the Autobahn. The ZL1 is my dream car as is. It is everything I have always wanted, exactly the way I wanted it, packaged in a Camaro that looks far better beyond my wildest dreams. It's my quest to buy one, it won't be affordable for most, neither will the Z28 be. For some means of comparison, research what Ford has in the Boss 302 to give you an idea what the Z28 will have and the costs for such packages. Rock on!
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:57 PM   #24
FastEddie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IOM LS3 2SS/RS Camaro
Could you repeat that thing about how it works again? This time say it say it a little slower... And whisper... Yessss jusssst like that...
FastEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #25
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Hi, it's been a back and forth game between Ford and Chevy for decades.., who wins on Sunday sells on Monday was the phrase a long time ago. I think it's exciting too, competition is a good thing. This will remain the same going forward. Having said that though, I am not the least bit concerned if in the meantime Ford ads 150 HP, a warp drive, mag lev propulsion or whatever to the GT500. I am not going to race at Watkins Glen, the Poconos, Raceway Park..or on the Autobahn. The ZL1 is my dream car as is. It is everything I have always wanted, exactly the way I wanted it, packaged in a Camaro that looks far better beyond my wildest dreams. It's my quest to buy one, it won't be affordable for most, neither will the Z28 be. For some means of comparison, research what Ford has in the Boss 302 to give you an idea what the Z28 will have and the costs for such packages. Rock on!
Annnnd....you did it again. Taking thoughts out of my head...
Old 03-20-2011, 12:23 AM   #26
Qdiesel

Drives: 2011 Infiniti M56S, '04 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post

THIS!!!
Qdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #27
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
That sounds awesome, Mr Bailey. I can't wait to try that for myself.

Great info.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #28
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I hope they keep the PTM on the car, is one of the best features, I've seen.

Tags
ptm, shaun bailey, www.roadandtrack.com, zl1, zr1