The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 10-09-2010, 09:39 AM   #1
Wheel'$ForLe$$

Drives: 2010 camaro SS
Suggestion: Camaro5 Vendors with Multiple Posts on First Page of a Forum Section

All,

Being that I'm also a consumer and purchase many of the products we sell on these forums I know how frustrating it can be to open a Forum Page and see twenty five items listed by one Vendor on Page one of a section. We all need to work together to control these posts that can be accomplished with one THREAD. A simple Thread with pictures and products offered can take the place of the numerous threads i see alot of Vendors using.

Personally, I dont want to start a new thread to hog up page one on the Vendor Classifieds but for those of us that are creating a single thread and including all our products under that category are getting lost in the mess on these pages.

Between this and bumping your pages every two hours it gets frustrating for small Vendors. Bumping twice a day is more than enough. Members please speak your opinion on this as my goal is just to show you the products we offer and let you decide what you are interested in. I dont want to flood the front page so all you see is our product.

Thanks in advance guys!!!

Wheel'$ForLe$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Totally Agree about the "bumps". I know its fierce, but respectful competition for our business, but sheesh, most people WILL look on the 2nd page of a thread.

J
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
GJG

Drives: 2SS
i agree there needs to be some rules.....here is a link to some "industry partner" rules at ar15.com

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=301

i realize most won't apply but it can give those in charge a few ideas.....

also.... and this might be good here....the "industry partner's" each have their own area.....

http://www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=2
Old 10-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
Nothing is worse than hitting the New Posts button and getting "Bob's Parts for Less" in no less than 20 different threads.... I've actually blocked a few because they do it so often.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
I agree 100%

We are pretty well known here, and sell a lot of different items on our website, and on have 400 auctions on eBay.
However, we are members of 5 different car forums, and this one is the worst for the repeated slamming on a section by number of posted threads. It almost seems like a posting contest or something. 1upsmanship at its worst.

Very often, they are not the good deal they present themselves to be. However if one company does it, the competitor will also follow suit. It is not going to be stopped by self correction. Management must get involved, if it is to end.

Thanks, Roger

Last edited by dragonZ28; 10-10-2010 at 09:11 AM.
dragonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #6
Wheel'$ForLe$$

Drives: 2010 camaro SS
Guys thanks so much for you input. There's always competition no matter what you do but our goal is to bring the customers choices and let them decide. Not flood a page with one product per post. I have emailed a few of the admins and any help on everyones end might be able to get this accomplished.

It always starts this way on forums, it was this way on the Corvette forum, M3 forum etc etc until they wrote a program and created rules to stop this. Trust me if a customer wants a product they are going to do a search for it and find that you sell it anyways.

JUST MY OPINION, I"M A SMALL NEWBIE ON THIS FORUM BUT HAVE SOLD ON OTHER FORUMS FOR A LONG TIME.
Wheel'$ForLe$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
agree 100%, there are actually items i want to purchase now but cant find the original thread with who was selling it. Each company should have there own sub forum so its easier to find stuff.
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote