The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

View Poll Results: xbox360 or ps3?
xbox 360 36 55.38%
ps3 29 44.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2008, 10:58 PM   #43
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Hearing little kids talk over mics is quite amusing.

Hearing little kids talking s*** over mics is absolutely hilarious.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:01 PM   #44
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonytheTiger View Post
hey video games take us way back and are good memories and even if they don't have emotions they are out pasion, i defend my passions just like i defend my camaro from ricers at school even tho my camaro doesn't have emotions.

Its JUST a game and all but when its online and you play it with your mom and dad, cusins and relatives it gets in your head and becomes a part of your entertainment life, i have owned a xbox for 7 years 2002-2006 xbox and 2006-2009 xbox 360 and it has brought great memories playing with my mom and dad back in the day since i never knew they would play anything like that.

Tho we don't have to make a HUGE deal out of it, but..... Its like mustang vs camaro camaro has always been faster by stock just like xbox has lots of games and online play.
The ps3 is not as great as the xbox (camaro) but still has a kickass look and good games and a very good blu-ray player.

saying the 360 vs ps3 is like a camaro vs mustang is FLAT OUT NOT TRUE. The PS3 has waaaaaaaay more horsepower (processing power) than the 360. In reality it is more like mustang vs Nissan GTR performance (processing power) wise. The Cell processor is FAAAAAAAAAARR superior than that L2 cache crippled IBM 3 core processor in the Xbox 360. Have you played Resistance 2?? it is incredible how much action is on screen WITH 0 FRAMERATE DROPS!!!, Thanks to the PS3 proccesing power. Also the scope of the game is incredible and cannot be done on the 360 since the 360 games are limited to 8.5gb of space using DVD-9. Superior processing+50gb of space leads to technically superior games that the 360 cannot do. MGS4, Uncharted, Resistance 2 are good examples of games the the 360 can't do. But what people don''t know is that games like MGS4 are only the tip of the Iceberg, Killzone 2 and Heavy rain looks phenonminal.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:06 PM   #45
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
well the thing that really bugs me is when people turn there mics up all the way so i can hear him breathing in the mic and theres always a annoying static sound
Old 12-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #46
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
I have all 3 systems, this is how I see it.
Xbox 360: appeal mainly to just hardcore gamers, lots of games but their are lot of crappy games to.

Nintendo: more of a causal party system when you bring you friends over or play with your family. Playing by yourself gets boring.

Ps3: takes a Broad approach, apeals to both casual gamers and Hardcore games. But a little more pricey. But when you look at standard features compared to the 360 the PS3 is waaaaay cheaper. Ps3 emphisis is on quality of games over quanity, AND it shows. Littlebigplanet, MGS4, Resistance2 (better than Halo 3), Motorstorm 2 etc... Notice that PS3 AAA games are not just shooters like the 360. As of fall 2008 the best gaming system is PS3, in 2009 the 360 HAS NOTHING!!! the PS3 still has Gran turismo 5, Killzone 2, Infamous, Uncharted 2, MAG, Heavy rain, God of war 3 etc... Sony is preparing a gaming blitz for 2009. Ps3 is the best way to go.

I'm tempted to close this thread after reading this post. Pretty unbiased accurate post if you ask me.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:34 PM   #47
gladiatoro

Drives: 1981 Z28 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post

I'm tempted to close this thread after reading this post. Pretty unbiased accurate post if you ask me.

Don't close this thread yet lol , Grand Turismo 4 didn't even have damage on there cars , Forza 1 already had it , I find it pathetic for SONY to call GT the most realistic diving simulation available from what I am hearing GT5 will still not have a damage model on there cars it will be another ARCADE BUMPER CAR GAME were you can pass cars by bouncing off them , that's sad like GT4 , I'll take Forza over GT anytime it is much more realistic car racing game IMO
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:50 PM   #48
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post

Don't close this thread yet lol , Grand Turismo 4 didn't even have damage on there cars , Forza 1 already had it , I find it pathetic for SONY to call GT the most realistic diving simulation available from what I am hearing GT5 will still not have a damage model on there cars it will be another ARCADE BUMPER CAR GAME were you can pass cars by bouncing off them , that's sad like GT4 , I'll take Forza over GT anytime it is much more realistic car racing game IMO
I believe it's not a developer decision but that the auto makers said that if GT4 (and now GT5) has damage on the cars that the auto makers will not agree to sign the release to allow their cars to be used.
Mr_Draco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:57 PM   #49
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
PS3 for me, for this reason.....

Because I like it. And that is a fact that can be proved!
Old 12-17-2008, 12:58 PM   #50
z28camaross

Drives: 02 z28
Send a message via AIM to z28camaross
ps3..just do it
Old 12-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #51
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
I have all 3 systems, this is how I see it.
Xbox 360: appeal mainly to just hardcore gamers, lots of games but their are lot of crappy games to.

Nintendo: more of a causal party system when you bring you friends over or play with your family. Playing by yourself gets boring.

Ps3: takes a Broad approach, apeals to both casual gamers and Hardcore games. But a little more pricey. But when you look at standard features compared to the 360 the PS3 is waaaaay cheaper. Ps3 emphisis is on quality of games over quanity, AND it shows. Littlebigplanet, MGS4, Resistance2 (better than Halo 3), Motorstorm 2 etc... Notice that PS3 AAA games are not just shooters like the 360. As of fall 2008 the best gaming system is PS3, in 2009 the 360 HAS NOTHING!!! the PS3 still has Gran turismo 5, Killzone 2, Infamous, Uncharted 2, MAG, Heavy rain, God of war 3 etc... Sony is preparing a gaming blitz for 2009. Ps3 is the best way to go.
I want one soo bad, I'm tired of playing my old ps2...Godd review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
I believe it's not a developer decision but that the auto makers said that if GT4 (and now GT5) has damage on the cars that the auto makers will not agree to sign the release to allow their cars to be used.
Well thats Sucks!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #52
gladiatoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Funny how FORZA 2 was able to include damage and they have Ferrari's , Lambos , Porsche and all the other major car company's in there game
sounds more like a cop-out on SONY's part , maybe the PS3 isn't powerful enough to handle car damage
Old 12-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #53
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
^Stop it. You just being a little poopie pants.

It has nothing to do with SONY and everything to do with the Developer Polyphony digital.

And it is going to have car damage in both Prologue and the full version.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/864/864142p1.html
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:36 PM   #54
gladiatoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
^Stop it. You just being a little poopie pants.

It has nothing to do with SONY and everything to do with the Developer Polyphony digital.

And it is going to have car damage in both Prologue and the full version.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/864/864142p1.html

I'll believe it when I see it
Old 12-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #55
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post

Not true Sony announce that Gran Turismo 5 WILL HAVE CAR DAMAGE!!! They will also have Porsche in the game (Finally!!) Rumor has it that all manufacters have aggreed to allow their virtual cars to be damaged ingame except Ferarri. But I repeat Sony announce GT5 will have car damage Months ago!!
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #56
gladiatoro

Quote:
Not true Sony announce that Gran Turismo 5 WILL HAVE CAR DAMAGE!!! They will also have Porsche in the game (Finally!!) Rumor has it that all manufacters have aggreed to allow their virtual cars to be damaged ingame except Ferarri. But I repeat Sony announce GT5 will have car damage Months ago!!
That's funny FORZA 2 had damage on Ferrari's years ago but