Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 04-24-2010, 11:30 PM   #1219
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via AIM to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Glen,
I am glad to hear you are ok, and getting checked out. We have had a great time out here this weekend, so many Camaro's, it's crazy. Plenty of videos and pictures to come on azallgens.
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #1220
Krazy and old

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40years View Post
How Glen spent his Saturday in Tucson
At my wife's urging (nagging), I went to Urgent Care. Arrived at 10 AM on the dot. After filling out the prelim paper work about what was wrong, I start filling out the long forms when they call my name. Damn. I'm not even done yet I tell the nurse. Doesnt matter, whats the problem? I tell her about the severe chest pains on Wednesday afternoon and how they went up my neck and into my lower jaw. Before you could say "Camaro SS/RS". the had me in a room hooked up to a heart monitor, IV, and then the EKG wires. Next thing I know, they are telling me that I need to be taken by ambulence to the Emergency room @ N.W. Hospital. SO, after 3 EKG's, 1 chest x-ray, a CAT scan of my chest and the Cardiac Enzyme test on my blood, the result is is that I DID NOT have a heart attack. "But we dont know what caused your chest pains, you need to schedule a stress test with "this" cardiologist." Finally got out about 3:30 PM.
Hey Glen, sorry you had to turn back but, it sounds like the right decision. Hope further tests turn out ok for you and it's not serious.
Krazy and old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:01 AM   #1221
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy and old View Post
Hey Glen, sorry you had to turn back but, it sounds like the right decision. Hope further tests turn out ok for you and it's not serious.
Thanks Greg. You are right, I believe I did make the right decision. Better safe then sorry. Alltho I am still pretty bummed that we were 2 hours from the hotel when I decided to turn back. Ironicly, I felt pretty decent all day yesterday. Oh well, there will be more events. Good to hear from you buddy.
40years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:14 AM   #1222
40years

Quote:
Originally Posted by azburk View Post
Hey Glen,

Sorry to hear about your illness, I know how bad you wanted to go this trip. Look on the bright side, you will be well rested for April 30th Test-n-Tune at SIR...I should have my vararam installed.

Hope to see you there, I still owe you a case.....of Sprite!
Hi Jim. Thanks! So, do we want to go to SIR on Friday night or travel up to Firebird on Saturday afternoon? Should run 1-2 tenths quicker up there due to the lower altitude. (1250 ft) Thoughts everyone?
Old 04-25-2010, 04:27 PM   #1223
azburk

Drives: 2013 SW ZL1 #7243
Looks like it will be Friday at SIR for me, I have a dinner planned on Saturday.
azburk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:30 PM   #1224
azamazonqueen

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Ouch Glen. And you were supposed to be my eyes and ears, guess we will have to depend on Sean (uh oh )

Anyways did a DIY today oil change and tire rotation. WAY different set up than my 99 Camaro. I even posted a DIY thread on the oil change since the only real one (with pics and specs) was for V8's and they aren't similar at all and the owner's manual tells you crap. Check out my 1st ever attempt at a thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...92#post1768092
azamazonqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:06 PM   #1225
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via AIM to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
I just got back from the SoCal Trip, it was a blast. I will post pictures, check out the azallgen tread too.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:13 PM   #1226
az5thgen

Drives: 2010 1LT
Thanks for making the trip Sean and Tami - we had a great time and are really glad you could make it!

Glen, we missed you brother. There was some way cool to wicked stuff there. Hope all goes good for you - keep me up to date please!

Nic & Dar
az5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:44 PM   #1227
Bmacs

Drives: 2ss/rs Black on Black & BadAss C10
So Cal

Sorry I did not make the trip with you folks but I was right behind..

All I can say is I LOVE my SS A6. All it did was shread the road between Tucson - SD - Disney and back to tucson. EVEN in SNOW....

Yes it snowed in the mountains outside of SD. If you want a rush and own a A6 SS, set your cruise control on 80 -85 and take on these mountain passes.

I have owned all kinds of sport and sport util vehicles and this Camaro is number 1.

I would like to hear what you all experienced for performance and mileage. I made it from Disney to Casa Grande on 1 tank of gas. had cruise set at 10 over posted speed. so i average speed was 80. total trip from disney to tucson 6.5 hrs

This car ran, road and performed better than expected. I did feel a little lonely out there. i only saw 2 2010 camaros on the the way home.

Thank you GM for a performance car that can get acceptable mileage.
Bmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #1228
40years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmacs View Post

All I can say is I LOVE my SS A6. All it did was shread the road between Tucson - SD - Disney and back to tucson. EVEN in SNOW....

Yes it snowed in the mountains outside of SD. If you want a rush and own a A6 SS, set your cruise control on 80 -85 and take on these mountain passes.

I have owned all kinds of sport and sport util vehicles and this Camaro is number 1.

I would like to hear what you all experienced for performance and mileage. I made it from Disney to Casa Grande on 1 tank of gas. had cruise set at 10 over posted speed. so i average speed was 80. total trip from disney to tucson 6.5 hrs

This car ran, road and performed better than expected. I did feel a little lonely out there. i only saw 2 2010 camaros on the the way home.

HI and welcome to the group. Glad to hear that you feel like the rest of us about our Camaro's. I left with the group on Friday and had to turn back at Indio because of illness, but I averaged 25 mpg. If you would like to post your info like we have on the first page of this thread, flynnaz will get you added to the list. Our next meet up will be Friday afternoon at SIR dragway on Houghton Rd, about 2 miles south of I-10. 3-6 of us will be there and 3-4 of us will be running time trials. Come out and say "hello".
Old 04-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #1229
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmacs View Post

Welcome,
I was on I-8 around 6:00pm ish yesterday. The trip was great, we should plan more to SoCal or maybe to Las Vegas.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:25 PM   #1230
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

I added Bmacs to the list, need location, name, if you want.

Glen,
I copied your Friday information on the first page, I am trying to be alittle more organized.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #1231
40years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
I added Bmacs to the list, need location, name, if you want.

Glen,
I copied your Friday information on the first page, I am trying to be alittle more organized.
Thanks Sean. Are you and Tami coming out Friday?
Old 04-26-2010, 03:21 PM   #1232
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
My SS was supposed to be here on the 23rd... but its now the 26th and still no call from the dealer. Should be here tomorrow but then they have to put the GFX and stripes on so she'll be home Wednesday.

What time are you guys meeting up on Friday?

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote