The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #1
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
CAI parts

so when i did my 4.3 -> 5.3 swap, i bought a stock FSC V8 intake tube from the junk yard. i didn't realize until i went to put the engine together that it was missing the rubber gasket where it connects to the throttle body. so, since i was planning on building a custom intake tube anyway, i didn't worry about it too much & just threw a hose clamp on it. i think it's leaking a little because the truck ain't idled right since i got the engine in & it was throwing code P0102 (MAP and/or MAF sensor condition) and the MAF signal low code. i reckon it's time to go ahead & build my custom tube. i've searched a few forums & can't seem to find a straight explanation of what exactly's needed to do this... just that people build them for cheap at home.

i took a trip to Advance Auto and compared some Spectre pieces to the Spectre GM fullsize kit & it looks like i need a 90* elbow, a 45*elbow, a piece of straight pipe, and a couple couplers. i'm wanting to get some rubber/silicon elbows (at least the 90* to get a good seal on the TB), but where's the best place to get not-so-expensive-but-not-a-piece-of-crap parts from?

keep in mind, i already had to borrow money just to get the truck running, so i can't spend a whole awful lot. thanks
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cai, homemade, intake, intake tube