The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-04-2024, 09:09 AM   #2185
Evergreen6
Banned

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Ford posted their Q2...

EV sales up 61% year over year. Holy smokes, Ford!!

Hybrid up 55%

ICE LOST 5%

https://electrek.co/2024/07/03/fords...ap-with-tesla/
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 06:43 PM   #2186
MyNameIs

Drives: Camaro SS
Red face Peeps be going back to Gas.

https://rumble.com/v54irgi-ev-owners...extNewsNetwork

Last edited by MyNameIs; 07-04-2024 at 06:44 PM. Reason: kk
MyNameIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 11:05 PM   #2187
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
The spin is strong in this one padiwan.

At one point in this “report” they proudly declared that 20% of people polled believe that EVs are worse for the environment.

Without spin the report would have said 80% of those polled believed EV’s were no worse or better for the environment.

S&P Global Mobility does a very detailed loyalty report. All the OEMs and a lot of news companies and a lot of consulting houses buy our loyalty report. There are two primary ways of measuring loyalty… the Household Method and the Disposal Method. To oversimplify the concept I will ask and answer a basic question included in each method:

Household Method: Does not assume what happens with qualifying vehicle, but does ask about next vehicle. Since I own an EV they might ask me, as an EV owner…
  • Will your next vehicle purchase be an EV, a Hybrid, or an ICE?
My answer would probably be “An ICE”. You see I already have an EV so if I was buying an additional vehicle, it would probably be some sort of specialty vehicle. A V-series. Maybe a Corvette.

This is where the “46% of EV owners say their next vehicle will be ICE” comes from. One other point…46% would buy other than EV means that 54% of EV owners will buy another EV in addition to the one they already have.

Disposal Method: Assumes the qualifying vehicle will be replaced with the next purchase. Specifically asks the EV owner what they will buy to REPLACE their EV. We call this Fuel Type Loyalty. The Fuel Type Loyalty for ICE is somewhere around 78%. The Fuel Type Loyalty for EV is around 69%.

More interesting though, about 75% of Tesla owners report that they will replace their Tesla with another EV. And 75% of them say it will be another Tesla. Tesla actually has the highest brand loyalty of all brands sold in the US.

So, using the Disposal Method, my answer to the question
  • When you replace your EV, will you replace it with an EV, Hybrid, or ICE?
My answer to that question would be “an EV”. Going forward we will always have an EV as our primary vehicle. Specialty vehicles (weekend toys, track cars) will continue to be ICE for the foreseeable future.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 07:54 AM   #2188
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Yep all depends on how the question was asked.

Would I have been lumped into the, " Went back to gas powered car after buying an EV" category because I bought a C8?

C8 is not a replacement for my Model 3. It's the weekend toy while the Model 3 is the daily. Me buying the C8 is not a reflection of any kind of any "regret" for going EV.

Whether I stay EV is matter of where I am in life and if anything changed when it comes time to replace the Model 3. Right now it would be another EV replacing it if I was buying today. I can't say it will be another Tesla, but fairly certain it would be an EV with the NAC's plug. Not that I am dissatisfied with Tesla, just not going to say I will definitely buy another one.

If my lifestyle changes and infrastructure still isn't where it is to fit my change in lifestyle, then maybe I do go back to gas for my daily.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 08:33 AM   #2189
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Ford EV’s up 61% but when you look at the actual number is only 24000 for the quarter and they are heavy discounting the product for a loss.

I saw where Ford CEO called upon managers to lease an EV. I’m calling upon the multimillionaires here who own non-GM or Non-Ford EV’s to drop their Tesla or Audi and step to the plate and trade for a GM or Ford EV to support the whole reason why we have $7500 EV incentives, ie to prop up the Legacy Autos.

Was at locally Chevy Dealer this weekend looking at Colorados. Asked about the 10 Blazers EVs on lot and how they are selling. Salesman said “they are paperweights on the lot”. He mentioned how the local Cadillac dealer has 60% Lyriqs on lot. I checked the dealer and their inventory showed 21 Lyrics which was about 30% of their inventory. Ouch
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 08:43 AM   #2190
Evergreen6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
Ford EV’s up 61% but when you look at the actual number is only 24000 for the quarter and they are heavy discounting the product for a loss.

I saw where Ford CEO called upon managers to lease an EV. I’m calling upon the multimillionaires here who own non-GM or Non-Ford EV’s to drop their Tesla or Audi and step to the plate and trade for a GM or Ford EV to support the whole reason why we have $7500 EV incentives, ie to prop up the Legacy Autos.

Was at locally Chevy Dealer this weekend looking at Colorados. Asked about the 10 Blazers EVs on lot and how they are selling. Salesman said “they are paperweights on the lot”. He mentioned how the local Cadillac dealer has 60% Lyriqs on lot. I checked the dealer and their inventory showed 21 Lyrics which was about 30% of their inventory. Ouch
You are right that EV sales are still a small slice of the market, but good news is good news.

"multimillionaires" likely won't qualify for any EV tax credit. There is an income threshold.

Lyriq is either #1 or #2 best selling luxury EV. I don't think the Blazers do nearly the volume. I've been watching the EV Blazers on the local lot and they tend to sit. IMO, there are lots of compelling EV choices out there and I feel like the EV Blazer is landing kind of like its ICE cousin did. It's just not a good value for the money?
Old 07-05-2024, 10:39 AM   #2191
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
I’m not talking multimillionaires annually. I talking working years, building savings, 401k, investments, pensions, etc. We have multimillionaires getting $7500 tax credits. They could step to the plate and help the 2 companies they have ties to like GM or Ford.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 10:56 AM   #2192
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Quote:

Pay attention to Ford, they report EV financials separately. I didn't see 2nd quarter yet. 1st quarter had $10k in revenue per EV sale, so only they know when they hope to recoup their investment. Farley has said that they are betting the company on the upcoming low cost EV development group.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 10:58 AM   #2193
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
FWIW - the purpose of the $7,500 IRA Incentive is not to prop up legacy domestic automakers. It is to encourage investment in the US in technologies (battery manufacture, minerals mining and processing) that would otherwise fall to China as EVs continue to grow in popularity and volume. That’s why some legacy built EVs (Hummer EV, Tesla Model S and most Model 3) don’t qualify at all, some (Mustang Mach E) only qualify for half the incentive, and others (Honda Prologue, Volkswagen ID.4) qualify for the full amount. Those that qualify have batteries built in North America that meet the current threshold for mineral content sourced from US and/or free-trade agreement partners and fit under the pricing caps. Pricing caps ar $55,000 for cars, $80,000 for trucks and utilities.

As a result, several automakers have changed the manufacturing locations for their EVs from China, Japan, S. Korea or Germany to US or Mexico. And several have entered into joint ventures with battery companies to build battery plants in the US (S. Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Michigan, more coming) providing jobs for residents in those states.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 11:06 AM   #2194
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Thieves In Seattle Targeting EV Charging Stations Has Reached "Epidemic Proportions"

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology...ic-proportions

News I saw a couple days ago. Comments section better than nuked threads in this forum, fair warning to the sensitive ones.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 11:39 AM   #2195
Evergreen6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer View Post
Thieves In Seattle Targeting EV Charging Stations Has Reached "Epidemic Proportions"

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology...ic-proportions

News I saw a couple days ago. Comments section better than nuked threads in this forum, fair warning to the sensitive ones.
Trash media gonna trash, and readers are what they consume. Charging cables do get stolen, and chargers do get vandalized by anti-EV jerks, because, you know, they think the law doesn't apply to them.

No, it is not difficult to charge in Seattle even with the vandalism. I'm also not seeing where the city does not enforce "common sense law and order". Stealing and vandalism are still crimes, and those things do get enforced. But no department can afford a full CSI investigation every time a charging cable is stolen. One, the cable isn't useful anymore other than scrap value. Two, the vandals have to be identified, found, arrested, and brought to justice.
Old 07-05-2024, 12:58 PM   #2196
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Even though it’s well known here I’m completely anti-EV I still do not condone damage/theft.

Having said that the mayors of the west coast brought this on themselves. It’s not just the EV chargers. All over Seattle and San Francisco the blatant criminal activity everywhere is out of control. It’s not just an EV problem.

Those mayors will do nothing. They pull the police back from doing their jobs and let crime run rampant.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 05:04 PM   #2197
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Charging cables do get stolen, and chargers do get vandalized by anti-EV jerks, because, you know, they think the law doesn't apply to them.
Don't pin this on the anti-EV crowd. These actions are committed by people dedicated to recycling, not out of malice. I sure hope none of 8 federally funded charging stations get hit... that could wipe out $7.5B worth of infrastructure in minutes.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 07:40 PM   #2198
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
I’m not talking multimillionaires annually. I talking working years, building savings, 401k, investments, pensions, etc. We have multimillionaires getting $7500 tax credits. They could step to the plate and help the 2 companies they have ties to like GM or Ford.
A person that saves their money and doesn't enjoy many optional items including the big mac meal at full price these days and instead gets on the smartphone app on a lower quality double cheeseburger to save $10 should not get any rebate? Many years without full cable bill and new cars and other items means a person OWES someone else? ok, wow.
During the pandemic supplies were in shortage. Shipping costs were astronomical from overseas. Getting a container shipped jumped from mid 4 figures well into 5 figures!
As a small business owner I did NOT fug the customers. I ate the cost increases to my financial detriment. It is a business concept some people try to price things fairly and might not take advantage of people even if it means their own profit goes down significantly. Other people have a mindset keep making the big money and charge whatever you can get away with.
Car dealers mostly have that second example and it takes some looking around and driving out of town to find one who treats people fairly.
I was all set to buy a hybrid or EV. I couldn't get any dealers in my town to be fair. They wanted 10-15,000 OVER msrp on hybrid or BEV. This includes Toyota as I was set to buy their odd looking panda BEV. I ended up driving out of town to get a toyota hybrid which I like at only a litte over msrp via trade in undervalued a few thousand and MSRP on the hybrid.
This year I got a Y UNDER MSRP by a few thousand and 7500 and 3000 rebates. Now someone says I should reward the dealers who tried to fug me only a year ago. No they are dead to me now. They can stuff every car on their now full lots in their shorts. The thing about having savings is you are not at the mercy of people taking advantage of you. You are not out begging to get financed at a high interest rate with overpriced deals. You are free to keep more of your hard earned money by going elsewhere.

Last edited by silversleeper; 07-05-2024 at 07:52 PM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote