Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-29-2024, 11:54 AM   #15
1leSS710

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Oil cooler outlet hose

What did you do for the rubber hose part that connects to the radiator? The dealer is quoting me 400 for part and labor….
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rons1le View Post
Mine got caught in the blower belt at the crank and rubbed a hole in the rubber line so then I took and cut both ends of the aluminum lines. And added compression -AN fittings and stainless hose and kepted them away from the crank pulley. Bought everything from Summit Racing for less then a $100.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
1leSS710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 07:09 PM   #16
TheBrightSide

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS coupe (MT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1leSS710 View Post
What did you do for the rubber hose part that connects to the radiator? The dealer is quoting me 400 for part and labor….
I’m assuming you have a 2012-2015 SS, because the 2010-2011 uses an upper radiator hose, with a “T” style adapter, that connects to the coolant line going to the factory oil cooler.

See if you can DIY your own hose replacement, because it doesn’t seem like you need an entire coolant hose replacement, which it sounds like. Was that quote of $400 for just parts alone?
TheBrightSide is offline   Reply With Quote