Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-22-2023, 05:06 PM   #43
Risingson05

Drives: 2015 zl1 m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
I have to agree somewhat with ZMEnow. This is the ZL1 forum and this is about topics concerning ZL1's. This forum I go to as much as I can to see what other ZL1 owners are doing to their cars or what problems someone might be having with their ZL1. Yes the SS is similar to the ZL1 but the SS does not have a supercharger and some other equipment the ZL1 has. I do not mind if someone has a SS and wants to chime in and ask a question about the ZL1's but it should be about the ZL1 not a SS. If you have a question about the camaro in itself that is fine to but again this forum is about the ZL1 cars. I really like this web site and it has helped me through the years save money on parts for my car and answered some of my questions about my car. I did not go to the SS forum to get my questions answered because it is a ZL1. I am sure if I went to the SS forum asking questions they would send me to this web site, right?

I’m guilty of going over to the ss forum to get some questions answered . The zl1 section sometimes falls inactive as to where the ss side has more traffic .

Although . when I asked questions over at the ss side , it mostly had to do with a common part. Not a zl1 specific one .

Zl1 specific part or mod - I understand that where the op was asking for a zl1 owner to chime in on it.

I also don’t mind ss guys trying to help either . I mean they meant well , it wasn’t like they were trying to argue and tell us what to do ,or being arrogant in their post .

Never really thought we were separated amongst ourselves . I mean SS -V6 -z28 or zl1 we all share the same name plate and bow tie badge .
It’s all a big family and guess viewed it as so . My apologies if that’s wrong .
Old 11-22-2023, 07:32 PM   #44
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risingson05 View Post
I’m guilty of going over to the ss forum to get some questions answered . The zl1 section sometimes falls inactive as to where the ss side has more traffic .

Although . when I asked questions over at the ss side , it mostly had to do with a common part. Not a zl1 specific one .

Zl1 specific part or mod - I understand that where the op was asking for a zl1 owner to chime in on it.

I also don’t mind ss guys trying to help either . I mean they meant well , it wasn’t like they were trying to argue and tell us what to do ,or being arrogant in their post .

Never really thought we were separated amongst ourselves . I mean SS -V6 -z28 or zl1 we all share the same name plate and bow tie badge .
It’s all a big family and guess viewed it as so . My apologies if that’s wrong .
Well said like I said before, I just click "new post" on the top bar and it will all show, I didn't pay attention if it was in a ZL1 section and I'm sure OP didn't mean to either. But there is always room for improvement
and I will keep an open mind about it.
Old 11-23-2023, 04:38 AM   #45
Brutale arancia

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
It is refreshing to see diplomacy in any aspect of society in America these days. Speaks well of the entire community.
Brutale arancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 08:25 AM   #46
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
I think you all have tooo much time on your hands...go now and enjoy some fellowship and yell at the wife for stabbing the bird or something!
What Wife? I'm married to my SS
Old 11-23-2023, 11:09 AM   #47
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I don't care about whether your car is a ZL1 or SS or any of that crap. Either way, I got both bases covered.

If you have a question about your ZL1, obviously you ask it in the ZL1 forum. But when you seek answers, even someone with an SS or LS might have the answer you need. And vice-versa. If you can offer legitimate help, help. Most of the time it may be prudent to preface answers with something like "My SS didn't have that issue, but a similar situation happened on my ZL1....blah blah". If you're courteous and non-dickish whether giving or asking advice, it should all go well.

There's an ignore function I believe, and also a built-in "skip" feature in my brain where I stop reading someone's drivel if I know it's BS or isn't helpful.

That said, some people here appear to think the thermostat is there to control coolant temps. It doesn't. Your cooling system condition determines the equillibrium temperature. The thermostat only makes the engine recirc the coolant for quicker heatups until the thermostat setpoint is reached. So if the thermostat starts to open at 160, it still may average out about 180 or 190 or so. This is not much of a big deal. If your cooling system is way overdesigned, it COULD hypothetically keep you around 160, but that would be very unusual. But if you're soaring around 235 or so just driving around normally, that usually shows there's a problem that needs addressing.

172 degrees on the highway is excellent.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 11:37 AM   #48
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
I don't care about whether your car is a ZL1 or SS or any of that crap. Either way, I got both bases covered.

If you have a question about your ZL1, obviously you ask it in the ZL1 forum. But when you seek answers, even someone with an SS or LS might have the answer you need. And vice-versa. If you can offer legitimate help, help. Most of the time it may be prudent to preface answers with something like "My SS didn't have that issue, but a similar situation happened on my ZL1....blah blah". If you're courteous and non-dickish whether giving or asking advice, it should all go well.

There's an ignore function I believe, and also a built-in "skip" feature in my brain where I stop reading someone's drivel if I know it's BS or isn't helpful.

That said, some people here appear to think the thermostat is there to control coolant temps. It doesn't. Your cooling system condition determines the equillibrium temperature. The thermostat only makes the engine recirc the coolant for quicker heatups until the thermostat setpoint is reached. So if the thermostat starts to open at 160, it still may average out about 180 or 190 or so. This is not much of a big deal. If your cooling system is way overdesigned, it COULD hypothetically keep you around 160, but that would be very unusual. But if you're soaring around 235 or so just driving around normally, that usually shows there's a problem that needs addressing.

Old 11-23-2023, 05:08 PM   #49
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post

Nicely put sir!! Thank you..