Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 09-18-2023, 02:21 PM   #15
armycop71
Love my Satin Steel LT-1!

Drives: 6-Speed LT-1...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
GM, Ford, Dodge (or whatever the F they are called) haven't got a clue what people want. And they are being dictated to by the current gubment a-holes as to what to make.

Full electric?! Never going to happen.
As much as I HATE Ford, they are actually the ones making what people want. They are making the next generation ICE Mustang along side the electric one. The Bronco is a huge hit, and the Maverick was an instant sellout. The F150 keeps on selling like wildfire too. GM is dead IMO, Mary Barra is ruining the company. Stellantis/Dodge is next. Jeep is the main thing keeping them afloat.

6-Speed Man|Carbon Flash Wheels
Technology Pkg|NPP|Satin Blk Pkg
ZL1 Rock Guards|Red Knee Pad Set
PBC LT1 engine built by Debi Lewis
Old 09-18-2023, 04:56 PM   #16
Kuutr

Drives: 23 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by len125 View Post
why cant chevy make a 7th generation camaro? GM doesnt "HAVE" to be full electric until 2035? thats 12 years? cant they try? fix the belt line, create just a little more trunk and back seat space, add some more colors, etc...cant they just try? i mean take a little inspiration from the 5th and 6th and 2nd generation camaro and go for it where are the engineers? they have billions in reserve and they know it...no matter what you read about the industry and the UAW GM has golden parachutes forever.......I dont get the failure attitude...sad...thats my two cents...
Mary Bara
Old 09-18-2023, 05:31 PM   #17
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by armycop71 View Post
As much as I HATE Ford, they are actually the ones making what people want. They are making the next generation ICE Mustang along side the electric one. The Bronco is a huge hit, and the Maverick was an instant sellout. The F150 keeps on selling like wildfire too. GM is dead IMO, Mary Barra is ruining the company. Stellantis/Dodge is next. Jeep is the main thing keeping them afloat.

Pretty much. Ford Thanks GM for the customers.
Old 09-18-2023, 06:39 PM   #18
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Quote:
Stellantis/Dodge is next. Jeep is the main thing keeping them afloat.
Actually, maybe not for long. Jeep sales were 973,200 vehicles in 2018, the brand's best year. Since then, sales have slowed considerably, with Jeep selling just 684,600 vehicles during 2022. Both the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler have been selling more than 200,000 vehicles per year for awhile but consumers now have many other choices for Jeep-like vehicles, and they’re buying them.

For perspective, the 6th Gen Camaro has never sold 100,000 units in a year. The 5th Gen did once, in 2011, but 2022 sales only hit 29,000.

So here’s the only question that matters in this discussion: Did consumers just get bored with the Camaro and quit buying them because there were so many “better” alternatives - or did GM kill consumer interest in the Camaro by never promoting or making substantive improvements to it, long before EVs became the fashionable excuse?
Old 09-18-2023, 07:40 PM   #19
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuutr View Post

Mary Bara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
Pretty much. Ford Thanks GM for the customers.
And yet GM continues to make $10 Billion a year in profit. Almost like they were printing money. Funny thing that profit metric.
Old 09-18-2023, 08:12 PM   #20
armycop71
Love my Satin Steel LT-1!

Drives: 6-Speed LT-1...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
And yet GM continues to make $10 Billion a year in profit. Almost like they were printing money. Funny thing that profit metric.
Ford was the only one of the Big 3 that didn't need a government bailout.

6-Speed Man|Carbon Flash Wheels
Technology Pkg|NPP|Satin Blk Pkg
ZL1 Rock Guards|Red Knee Pad Set
PBC LT1 engine built by Debi Lewis
Old 09-19-2023, 07:36 AM   #21
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by len125 View Post
why cant chevy make a 7th generation camaro? GM doesnt "HAVE" to be full electric until 2035? thats 12 years? cant they try? fix the belt line, create just a little more trunk and back seat space, add some more colors, etc...cant they just try? i mean take a little inspiration from the 5th and 6th and 2nd generation camaro and go for it where are the engineers? they have billions in reserve and they know it...no matter what you read about the industry and the UAW GM has golden parachutes forever.......I dont get the failure attitude...sad...thats my two cents...
The ct4 Black Wing is kind of a 7th gen Camaro: RWD, manual, Alpha 2, track capable (Lightning Lap just beats the SS 1le). It address many of the usability concerns. The negatives are price of course, although it's not crazy expensive compared to a new msrp SS 1le (maybe $12k more). Other negatives compared to the Camaro are it's not a NA v8, and not a coupe.
Old 09-19-2023, 09:32 AM   #22
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Ford was the only one of the Big 3 that didn't need a government bailout.
Perhaps you forget the history here.

Ford put the Ford name and logo up as collateral when they borrowed every dime they could get. A year or so later when GM needed the money there was none to borrow, we were in the deep financial crisis.

So please don't give Ford some pat on the back because they went in the Sh*tter before GM and could borrow money. They simply stunk it up earlier.
Old 09-19-2023, 09:52 AM   #23
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Applies to 2-door sports cars even more:
Attached Images

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 09-20-2023, 02:15 AM   #24
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
No one is buying them. So no need for 7th gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2023, 05:48 AM   #25
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
No one is buying them. So no need for 7th gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s sort of the brutal truth of the matter.
Old 09-21-2023, 07:29 PM   #26
Nepenthe

Drives: '24 3LT V6 M6 NPP Recaro Yellow
Maybe there will be a 7th Gen... in a racing sim.
Old 09-21-2023, 10:08 PM   #27
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
The real question then is like is it the chicken or the egg……. Is the poor sales of the Camaro due to general lack of interest in cars by younger people so GM never promoted it, or is the lack of promotion the reason no one (other than enthusiasts) got interested in it?
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
Old 09-21-2023, 10:40 PM   #28
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
The real question then is like is it the chicken or the egg……. Is the poor sales of the Camaro due to general lack of interest in cars by younger people so GM never promoted it, or is the lack of promotion the reason no one (other than enthusiasts) got interested in it?
You could fit the promotion dollars for Camaro, Mustang and Corvette in the same thimble. Two of them still sell well. Lack of marketing doesn't help, but it is not THE problem.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Closed Thread