#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-29-2023, 08:10 AM   #29
Jetrep

Drives: ZL1 1LE, bolt, scary flatbed, hhr,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfab View Post
You never know, except this time around it’s different. This is GM’s last manual V8, last of the ICE Chevrolet Camaro’s. There will likely never be another one. Couple this with a potential UAW strike and it’s going to be instant crazy demand like you mentioned.
If I’m wrong, I keep the car and enjoy the hell out of it.
This right here is why I bought my zle over a C8

Last edited by Jetrep; 08-29-2023 at 08:10 AM. Reason: spelling bobo
Jetrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 10:49 AM   #30
Mike818

Drives: 5.0 Fox, Lancer Evos (8,X),23 ZLE?
Quote:
Mike there’s one with 350 miles on it that’s a 23, blue and a manual in the classifieds. If the writers/actors weren’t on strike killing my work, I’d have bought that one as well.
My goal is to try and get something new while that's still theoretically an option. I figure the opportunity to get something used isn't going anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
You can always buy the factory OEM bits and pieces of aero from reputable sponsors online if you decide to add it after the fact. And easyyyyyyyy bud on the bold above^^
Pretty much yes exactly. Bolting up factory aero is (afaik) going to be straight forward, and all the race engineering is already done.

My primary thing is the suspension, all the engineering that's cooked into it (the whole car really), and the warranty it comes with.

We fight all the time on the Evo boards about which model Evo's are "real" and which aren't. So now when ever I see a "is it real" kind of argument going around with similar context, I enjoy dropping some controversial take that will probably get both sides riled up.
Mike818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 11:12 AM   #31
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
I get what you’re saying, but I don’t think there are any manual 1LE’s out there. The ‘24 has a higher price tag and if my Spidy senses are correct the used market for a super low mile car with a warranty may go sky high….. most times good things come to those that wait, hopefully that’s comes true for you!
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 11:20 AM   #32
Keko

Drives: 2023 ZLE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
Order just placed for 2 sets of extra dive-planes. I found a place with a reasonable price and reasonable shipping cost.

I already have a like new backup splitter in storage, but no point using that until I'm done tracking the car. It gets peppered with gravel every track day.

where did you order them from?
Old 08-29-2023, 01:03 PM   #33
Mike818

Quote:
I get what you’re saying, but I don’t think there are any manual 1LE’s out there. The ‘24 has a higher price tag and if my Spidy senses are correct the used market for a super low mile car with a warranty may go sky high….. most times good things come to those that wait, hopefully that’s comes true for you!
Thanks

I've come to terms with the 1LE being off the table, but what they are offering instead still has me. I've been in the "bargain performance" car world a while now, seen a lot, and at this point being the original owner is pretty important to me.
Old 08-29-2023, 02:43 PM   #34
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLRob View Post
If that's the case why not go with the CF aftermarkets? They would be much stronger and less prone to breaking just by sneezing on them (I hear the stock ones are insanely fragile).
Nice CF dive planes break too, and cost a fortune--$250/ea I think. I know a guy at track who did all CF parts and regretted the dive-planes after breaking one.

The OEM parts are $60 each, IMO CF only make sense of you have money to burn or are not tracking the car.

The new Ferrari Purosangue AWD 4 seater has beautiful CF fender liners!!! They look great, but WTF? Those will get peppered and trashed in a few weeks.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 02:55 PM   #35
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike818 View Post
Pretty much yes exactly. Bolting up factory aero is (afaik) going to be straight forward, and all the race engineering is already done.

My primary thing is the suspension, all the engineering that's cooked into it (the whole car really), and the warranty it comes with.

We fight all the time on the Evo boards about which model Evo's are "real" and which aren't. So now when ever I see a "is it real" kind of argument going around with similar context, I enjoy dropping some controversial take that will probably get both sides riled up.
The argument between the 1LE and regular ZL1 is quite simple really, just some aero bits and pieces, and different shocks. The majority of people that own 1LEs don't even use them to their full potential to begin with, so why not enjoy the same chasis, steering, etc with an adjustable magnaride? And before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, yes the rear glass is "lighter" and no you don't notice a difference so don't act like you do, and yes the back seats are "lighter" and no you can't tell a difference with that either
Old 08-29-2023, 02:57 PM   #36
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
Nice CF dive planes break too, and cost a fortune--$250/ea I think. I know a guy at track who did all CF parts and regretted the dive-planes after breaking one.

The OEM parts are $60 each, IMO CF only make sense of you have money to burn or are not tracking the car.

The new Ferrari Purosangue AWD 4 seater has beautiful CF fender liners!!! They look great, but WTF? Those will get peppered and trashed in a few weeks.
People that can afford those don't care about the price it costs to replace them or their not tracking them hahaha
Old 08-29-2023, 03:07 PM   #37
Mike818

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
The argument between the 1LE and regular ZL1 is quite simple really, just some aero bits and pieces, and different shocks. The majority of people that own 1LEs don't even use them to their full potential to begin with, so why not enjoy the same chasis, steering, etc with an adjustable magnaride? And before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, yes the rear glass is "lighter" and no you don't notice a difference so don't act like you do, and yes the back seats are "lighter" and no you can't tell a difference with that either
For me it's in the tuning. ZL1 systems are tuned around street tires and ZLE systems are tuned around track tires.
Old 08-29-2023, 04:54 PM   #38
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
You can order a 2024 ZL1 with the optional 1LE package which is $7500.00. I checked yesterday on the Chevy website.Whether it’s built is anyone’s guess!
Old 08-29-2023, 05:03 PM   #39
Mike818

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
You can order a 2024 ZL1 with the optional 1LE package which is $7500.00. I checked yesterday on the Chevy website.Whether it’s built is anyone’s guess!
the 24' track pack doesn't have a name (yet?), but it's not a 1LE.

Speculating it could be anything from they couldn't be bothered to come up with a new name, to maybe it's a place holder for some yet to be revealed thing.
Old 08-29-2023, 05:59 PM   #40
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
For me it's in the tuning. ZL1 systems are tuned around street tires and ZLE systems are tuned around track tires.
Anything to back that up with? The ZL1 comes with a street tire that is street legal but has crazy grip and the ZL1 1LE that has street tires with even more crazy grip.

Manufacturers test cars with the tire they want on them, correct?
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 06:16 PM   #41
Mike818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Anything to back that up with? The ZL1 comes with a street tire that is street legal but has crazy grip and the ZL1 1LE that has street tires with even more crazy grip.

Manufacturers test cars with the tire they want on them, correct?
Uhhhhh I think you answered your own question here??

If you are saying they are both street legal tires....then sure. They are not the same tire and aren't intended for the same purpose though.
Old 08-29-2023, 06:50 PM   #42
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Uhhhhh I think you answered your own question here??

If you are saying they are both street legal tires....then sure. They are not the same tire and aren't intended for the same purpose though.
So tell me how the SC3 and SC3R differ. When they both are track focused tires and barely legal street tires.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote