Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-27-2023, 01:47 PM   #85
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt O View Post
Funny, Wayne and I were just talking about this last week. I am looking at C8s and MAN theyre fast and the ride is smooth....but I dont know if I can give up the drop top and the looks of this car because theres nothing out there like it! The Gen6 are just different to me, not bad, just different, and just dont do it for me, but my car, I feel like I'd regret getting rid of it. I sold my 72 Firebird when I was going overseas back in the early 90s and regret doing that to this day...now that I work from home, and drive my car purely for pleasure..yep, hard decision.
Might want to check into some of the reliability issues the C8 has. AMT Mark recently blew his motor up at Limerock. There's a known valvespring issue with some of the LT2s. I've also read that the Z06s have been having transmission problems. On the flipside I do believe that our fellow member Sir Nuke is enjoying his. No doubt an extended warranty would be a wise investment. While I love the looks and Z06 power I just HATE overly techy cars and the C8 is just loaded with stuff I don't need in a performance vehicle. Oh, and no manual transmission is a tough pill to swallow.
Old 07-27-2023, 01:52 PM   #86
2010sgm

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
i don't have any urge at all.... nothing else out there with my synergy green paint. i love the look of this car when i 1st saw it at sema back in 2009, and i rented one in 2010 and honestly yes it took me until 2022 to have my own but I'm a proud owner...and honestly this one will go to the grave with me....i could have bought any car i wanted including a c8 (which i have no interest in) i did looks at some c7's and then said its time to get my dream car and bought my Camaro.
Old 07-27-2023, 03:12 PM   #87
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
I liked the idea of the C8, with it being a semi affordable American mid engine car still running a pushrod V8 but then in practice it didn't come out as well, engines are switching over to DOHC, car is so far out of my price range it's not even close to a possibility, plus it's a new step for the car so it has lots of growing pains, I would say I would be excited for what comes next but with move away from ICE poweted cars I dont think we'll get that refinement in something like a C9.

That being said Camaro 4lyfe.
Old 08-04-2023, 02:22 PM   #88
DavidH

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Well, Tuesday was the day. Was given a cash offer and couldn't turn it down. Wasn't quite as much as I'd hoped, but the buyer wasn't too bothered about the big paint bubbles on the rear quarters being fixed. I still have some parts to sell so I'll throw them up on Facebook and the classified section here.

It's been a blast and I've really enjoyed all the information from everyone here!
DavidH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 11:38 AM   #89
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
Well, Tuesday was the day. Was given a cash offer and couldn't turn it down. Wasn't quite as much as I'd hoped, but the buyer wasn't too bothered about the big paint bubbles on the rear quarters being fixed. I still have some parts to sell so I'll throw them up on Facebook and the classified section here.

It's been a blast and I've really enjoyed all the information from everyone here!
So, did you decide what to replace it with?
Old 08-06-2023, 08:24 PM   #90
DavidH

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
So, did you decide what to replace it with?
For now I'm going to put the wife in an SUV(RAV4 or equivalent). I'll be getting a 2002-2004 C5 hatchback next spring.
DavidH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 02:15 AM   #91
Toronto

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
wont ever sell mine. put too much in love it too much. car is therapeutic whilst driving it.
Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 11:05 AM   #92
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
wont ever sell mine. put too much in love it too much. car is therapeutic whilst driving it.
So true!! Who needs a shrink when you have a 5th gen!!
Old 08-07-2023, 09:43 PM   #93
WarDaddy376

Drives: 2013 SS Camaro
Gosh, I hem and haw often about selling her!, she'd have to go to someone out of state though, all the goodies I've never added because they aren't legal in Commiefornia so she basically runs stock! I've thought of replacing my Fr500S race car with her but then again why take a showroom quality vehicle and ruin her!?

At 15K miles, lowered, extreme stereo'd, tinted and unblemished the struggle is real AF as to keep or sell.
WarDaddy376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 10:16 PM   #94
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
Isn't that the truth? When I need an attitude adjustment, I take out my 2015 vert for a short jaunt. It really makes a difference in my mindset.
Old 08-08-2023, 10:32 AM   #95
GovGary

Drives: 2021Camaro,2011Camaro,2020Jaguar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Might want to check into some of the reliability issues the C8 has. AMT Mark recently blew his motor up at Limerock. There's a known valvespring issue with some of the LT2s. I've also read that the Z06s have been having transmission problems. On the flipside I do believe that our fellow member Sir Nuke is enjoying his. No doubt an extended warranty would be a wise investment. While I love the looks and Z06 power I just HATE overly techy cars and the C8 is just loaded with stuff I don't need in a performance vehicle. Oh, and no manual transmission is a tough pill to swallow.
"and no manual transmission is a tough pill to swallow"

AMEN!!
GovGary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 01:05 PM   #96
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
Well, just got back from test driving a C8, and I know the salesman, we put it through the wickets!!! annnnnnd...not on the fence anymore. Man theyre SMALL, fast as hell, but wow, and Im not that big of a guy either! Maybe Im just gettin too old....
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 10:36 PM   #97
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt O View Post
Well, just got back from test driving a C8, and I know the salesman, we put it through the wickets!!! annnnnnd...not on the fence anymore. Man theyre SMALL, fast as hell, but wow, and Im not that big of a guy either! Maybe Im just gettin too old....
Fun that you got to take one out for a spin! When I near retirement, I'm going to be looking for a C7 Z06. Man, I love those cars. Not as quick as the C8 but damn, so sexy.
Old 08-09-2023, 10:19 AM   #98
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
Fun that you got to take one out for a spin! When I near retirement, I'm going to be looking for a C7 Z06. Man, I love those cars. Not as quick as the C8 but damn, so sexy.
Oh so true!! One of my vette friends has one, and every time I see it at a show, just have to go over and chat with him and drool all over it!! It IS sooo sexy!! My favorite vette of all. The C7's just were the pinacle of the new breed of vettes..