Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2023, 08:47 PM   #71
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstick View Post
I'm getting the itch to buy a C6 ZO6 or a ZR1. I really enjoy my 1LE (even tho' its never been tracked) but I never owned a Corvette & thinkin' pretty hard about selling the Camaro.
It feels more raw, and the butt dyno definitely feels faster
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 05:55 AM   #72
DavidH

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
It feels more raw, and the butt dyno definitely feels faster
This is what is drawing me to getting an older Corvette. I love the raw sports car feeling. We took the Camaro on a road trip yesterday to the wife's family's house in the hills, lots of curves/elevation changes. It's around an hour one way and half of that you can barely reach 50-60. The weight of the car mixed with the 3.45 ratio drove me insane the entire time, sometimes it wasn't bad, but it just feels like it lumbers around and pushes out of the corners. It needs some gears and suspension work.

There were a few straight areas that we used to travel frequently and were able to "stretch our legs" so to speak. Any straight stretch makes me fall in love it it all over again, but corners really make me want to swap for a C5.
DavidH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 08:17 AM   #73
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
This is what is drawing me to getting an older Corvette. I love the raw sports car feeling. We took the Camaro on a road trip yesterday to the wife's family's house in the hills, lots of curves/elevation changes. It's around an hour one way and half of that you can barely reach 50-60. The weight of the car mixed with the 3.45 ratio drove me insane the entire time, sometimes it wasn't bad, but it just feels like it lumbers around and pushes out of the corners. It needs some gears and suspension work.

There were a few straight areas that we used to travel frequently and were able to "stretch our legs" so to speak. Any straight stretch makes me fall in love it it all over again, but corners really make me want to swap for a C5.
Just keep the Camaro and get a c5. Lol
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 05:09 PM   #74
DavidH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
Just keep the Camaro and get a c5. Lol
I wish but budget and space don't allow it right now. Besides, I'll probably put the wife in a newer car before I have two toys. Unless it's a boat. Lol
Old 07-26-2023, 05:41 AM   #75
Car Nation Videos
YouTube-Car Nation Videos

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
You will regret it. Make it faster and those urges will stop.
Car Nation Videos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 12:11 PM   #76
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Nation Videos View Post
And a big cam/stall, exhaust!!
Old 07-26-2023, 09:24 PM   #77
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
When you do this on the weekend ...things are a little better.
https://youtube.com/shorts/L4ZSHLAIHjg?feature=share
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.

Last edited by Modernmusclecar; 07-27-2023 at 07:51 PM.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 05:21 AM   #78
DavidH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Nation Videos View Post
It's unlikely they will stop. This car is plenty fast enough for me. Making it faster will honestly do the opposite. Drivability would likely decrease and for nothing other than to be faster and not really be able to make full use of it. I don't do any track time and OSP is everywhere. It's not quite as fast as one of my built cars I owned but it' does just fine and is more than enough to get me thrown in jail here in Ohio. My faults with the car are not speed/power related at all. I actually have very few faults with it other than the visibility and how heavy it feels day to day. I could leave this thing stock and just tinker with the gearing, wheels, and drivetrain to be content.

I know 100% I'll regret it, but I know there are other options out there that would fit my wants better along with putting money in my property. A Camaro was never on the buy list when I picked it up in 2021. I was after a C5/C6 originally, but availability was horrible with market pricing. I mainly jumped on the Camaro due to the LS3/TR6060 combo and the dumb decision to finance(first and last time I finance a car). Next go round will be all cash. Whether that's a C5, C6, or 6th gen, or hell, maybe a ZL1 5th gen by that time.

We will see how it goes the next few weeks. I have a buyer getting their money squared away this week.if all goes through I'll grab an SUV for my wife and wait until next summer to buy anything.
Old 07-27-2023, 08:34 AM   #79
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
Funny, Wayne and I were just talking about this last week. I am looking at C8s and MAN theyre fast and the ride is smooth....but I dont know if I can give up the drop top and the looks of this car because theres nothing out there like it! The Gen6 are just different to me, not bad, just different, and just dont do it for me, but my car, I feel like I'd regret getting rid of it. I sold my 72 Firebird when I was going overseas back in the early 90s and regret doing that to this day...now that I work from home, and drive my car purely for pleasure..yep, hard decision.
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 12:03 PM   #80
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt O View Post
Funny, Wayne and I were just talking about this last week. I am looking at C8s and MAN theyre fast and the ride is smooth....but I dont know if I can give up the drop top and the looks of this car because theres nothing out there like it! The Gen6 are just different to me, not bad, just different, and just dont do it for me, but my car, I feel like I'd regret getting rid of it. I sold my 72 Firebird when I was going overseas back in the early 90s and regret doing that to this day...now that I work from home, and drive my car purely for pleasure..yep, hard decision.
Yep, these 5th gens are one of the best looking Camaros out there! The 6th gens? Not sold on what they did to the looks of them, but that's just me. As far as I'm concerned, when they took away the "side gills" on the rear quarters, it wasn't a Camaro anymore, but resembled a Mustang. No offense to you 6th gen owners, just didn't do it for me anymore. And yeah, talking about the C8's, they are quick, fast and smooth, but for me, very impracticle as a daily driver, more of a weekend car. But then again, now they look like a Ferrari or Lambo more than a vette. Just how I see them. I love my 5th gen and it's staying with me!!

Last edited by 1JEWLDSSRS; 07-27-2023 at 01:02 PM.
1JEWLDSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 12:26 PM   #81
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Yep I agree I’d take a different 5th Gen V8 car for each day of the week along with more of the same from the last real corvette… The C7… which is my favorite all time Vette, I don’t care for the C8 no matter how fast or good they handle. A huge part of my satisfaction with C5,C6, and C7 is how they can, and do beat far more expensive mid engine cars in a front engine platform at a bargain of a price compared to the competition. The C8 kinda just killed what I always was thrilled about in the Vette.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 12:48 PM   #82
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Yep I agree I’d take a different 5th Gen V8 car for each day of the week along with more of the same from the last real corvette… The C7… which is my favorite all time Vette, I don’t care for the C8 no matter how fast or good they handle. A huge part of my satisfaction with C5,C6, and C7 is how they can, and do beat far more expensive mid engine cars in a front engine platform at a bargain of a price compared to the competition. The C8 kinda just killed what I always was thrilled about in the Vette.
Well said Aqua!! That's it in a nutshell..
Old 07-27-2023, 12:58 PM   #83
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
The 6th gens? Not sold on what they did to the looks of them, but that's just me.wner
I was staring at one this morning in traffic and the first thought I had was what idiot thought tail lights that looked like googly eyes was a good design idea?
And I totally see the Mustang resemblance.

My daughter's boyfriend has been hitting me hard on buying mine.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 01:28 PM   #84
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Only get the inkling of an urge when I see the C8 on the road...only an inkling tho.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote