Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-04-2023, 07:56 PM   #15
JTS

Drives: 2023 ZL1 A10
I live NW from there 20 miles , Sad when they reported on the news this morning, prayers out to all the family's involved .
Wrong way Freeway is a big thing here in Arizona, last year there was 69 about , wrong way incidents , thank goodness this year way less , not sure numbers .
Red lights dang , incidence crazy, I sit at the intersection a few seconds and pay attention to the stopped traffic and the lanes with no cars , most likely that where they come from . All be safe
Old 07-04-2023, 08:29 PM   #16
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
ZLE owner here, had it for 5 years in Nov—I use it mostly at the track and occasional safe canyon drive. I hate to say it but a few things are 100% true, most drivers of ZL1, Hellcat, M5, AMG and other similar way over-powered cars drive like dangerous reckless a-holes on busy city streets and freeways MOST of the time. I don’t know why, they just do—and these are younger men 90% of the time.

Burnouts everywhere, doughnuts in intersections, “racing” other idiots (not a race, no finish line, no victor, only the “bigger loser” crown). It’s pathetic and embarrassing and gives all responsible performance car drivers a bad name.

I forgot about the Tesla drivers, they have recently moved into the top 5 and drive the fastest due to power drunkenness and stealthy silence.

All these jack holes run every stop sign and red light in my LA neighborhood, all day and night. They deserve the pedestrians they endanger throwing rocks and bricks at them. They are trash.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 09:42 PM   #17
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Italy is addressing this in a way…

https://www.thedrive.com/news/italia...or-three-years

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 10:44 PM   #18
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Drives: 2023 ZL1 - Modified All Bolt On's
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post

That won't stop 95% of the performance car drivers I see everyday being a-holes, whom at the same time give responsible high performance car drives bad wrap, when we don't deserve it. I drive on the street responsibly, I get into a bit but its always quick throttle snap or manual 1st and 2nd gear quick pull, but never over the speed limit from what reasonable. Once during the data logging process while the remote tune was in process. I hit a ridiculous top speed (not good), and after that, no more. But, I was lucky because that was the final tune adjustment needed. But OMG the stop sign and red line runners are off the charts here in Columbus, OH., and you never see a police officer around when it happens. But let me have my ZL1 in track mode and bingo, they come out of the wood work, so it's right back into touring mode! Everyone, be save and look out for the other guy, cause he isn't looking out for you !
2023_ZL1-AUTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 11:17 PM   #19
Cardiak

Drives: Boat
Ban them until they're 30.
Cardiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 04:43 AM   #20
PowerDemon

Drives: Camaro ZL1, Golf GTI
Like another member said the horsepower and potential speed of the vehicle is irrelevant. It is the culture of young people who believe that rules do not apply to them. This culture of disobeying whatever rule or law you see fit is what is causing these tragedies.

I have seen more red light runners than ever recently. It is not the vehicle (tool) but the person operating it. Forbidding people under a certain age to purchase the vehicle (tool) or limiting the top speed does not fix the issue or even put a bandaid on it. It’s a culture/family problem and it’s only getting worse.

They’ll kill the same number of people in an Altima as they will in a ZL1 or an 812SF for that matter. It’s the culture.
Old 07-05-2023, 05:59 AM   #21
NashZL1

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
A passenger in the Traverse, 41-year-old Tessa Jeffrey, was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the SUV. First responders found her on the roadway near the crash site and she was pronounced dead at the scene.

Certainly tragic and not her fault to be involved, BUT... hard to believe how many people still don't wear their seatbelts.
2020 Genesis G90 Ultimate
2019 Mercedes-Benz SL450
2017 Corvette Grand Sport A8
2016 Hyundai Equus Ultimate
1971 Datsun 240Z
NashZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 06:46 AM   #22
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I see the same thing here in Georgia. People running red lights, idiots in Chargers/Challengers running up and down the streets speeding with their loud pipes, cars racing on the interstate, texting and talking on phones even though we have a law against doing so and of course shootings/killings.
Old 07-05-2023, 07:13 AM   #23
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I see the same thing here in Georgia. People running red lights, idiots in Chargers/Challengers running up and down the streets speeding with their loud pipes, cars racing on the interstate, texting and talking on phones even though we have a law against doing so and of course shootings/killings.
This is a universal problem and a hard one to solve, probably impossible without some bold decisions and massive sacrifices. Just look at what's happening in France.

Let's also be brutally honest, we don't think all the rules apply to us either... but this isn't even about full compliance, it's a deeper culture and not a tool issue indeed that has no easy quick fix. No accountability and no consequences at the top trickles down fast.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 07:20 AM   #24
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
The obvious solution to all of those problems is sawing off people's hands that break these laws.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 07:51 AM   #25
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post

Ok so make it so new drivers have to be on a small, very underpowered car in Italy is 1 thing but think about how dangerous it would be on the US. Could you imagine how dangerous it would be for a new driver trying to get up to speed on the Interstate when the speed limit is 70 (80 in certain parts of Idaho) and about 75% of drivers go much faster than that?

Best practice is tomake law enforcement actually enforce the law and then close out all the loopholes that lawyers use to get drivers out of these tickets.

Like I mentioned, adding more laws on top of already existing laws doesn't do anything other than add to the confusion and making more loopholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashZL1 View Post
A passenger in the Traverse, 41-year-old Tessa Jeffrey, was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the SUV. First responders found her on the roadway near the crash site and she was pronounced dead at the scene.

Certainly tragic and not her fault to be involved, BUT... hard to believe how many people still don't wear their seatbelts.
My brother actually still doesn't wear his seat belt from time to time because he was in a bad wreck decades ago and if he had been wearing his seat belt, he would have been killed by the engine coming through the firewall.

Yes, you should wear your seat belt but that's one statistic you'll never see. It's how many people are killed by wearing a seat belt and would have survived by not wearing it.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 08:12 AM   #26
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Drives: 2023 ZL1 - Modified All Bolt On's
I hope I'm not sounding political here! But "The erosion of culture, is the root to a demise of a civilization". Speaking of what's happening in France right now. Just look back here in the US, May of 2020 and the months there after. When there was civil unrest, and the people were empowered. The problem with that is, the issues that were the root cause to the civil unrest, fade or are no longer main stream. But, bad actors still use what happened as an excuse to continue their bad behavior. Such as looting (call it what it is, STEALING and ROBBERY), personal property destruction (call it what it is, VANDALISM), aggression toward others (call it what it is, ASSULT). A percentage of those same people (the bad actors), still use what happened as an excuse to continue to do bad things. This is where you get sustained unruliness, and that's when you end up with a lasting problem. I can't tell you how many times I see on the news or local Facebook posts. Where at intersection is taken over by high pro cars doing endless donuts and stopping all traffic, while 50 to 200 people are all standing around encouraging them on and videoing it. It's beyond stupid! Also, times when our city streets (mainly high street) are overran by off road ATV, dirt bikes etc. All doing wheelies down the streets, running red lights and terrorizing pedestrians, taking up all lanes of traffic etc. You can't do anything but wait until 200+ A-Holes are done showing how stupid they are. Not many police officers get directly involved with those committing the acts. But more so, making sure they have clear passage as they are keeping everyone one else "safe?". I say BS! block off the road with city trash trucks, trap them in between and arrest each and everyone of them, impound their vehicles and sell them at the police impound auction! When I was little and did something I knew I shouldn't. I didn't learn a thing or stop doing it until my grandfather took his belt off and wacked me with it. After that, I never did that same thing again !
2023_ZL1-AUTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 08:28 AM   #27
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Those days are gone forever, 2023_ZL1-AUTO. Sad to say but the truth.
Old 07-05-2023, 08:44 AM   #28
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
My brother actually still doesn't wear his seat belt from time to time because he was in a bad wreck decades ago and if he had been wearing his seat belt, he would have been killed by the engine coming through the firewall.

Yes, you should wear your seat belt but that's one statistic you'll never see. It's how many people are killed by wearing a seat belt and would have survived by not wearing it.
There's no statistic worth even looking at that show how many people have died because they wore a seatbelt vs how many were saved because they wore a seatbelt because the numbers would be so astronomically lopsided that there's no point. What happened to your brother was obviously an anomaly, there's no valid argument not to wear a seatbelt.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote