Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-31-2023, 12:37 PM   #1
BROCKgoFAST

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
FB Group: 6th Gen ZL1 Camaro = Absolute Crap

So I was curious if anyone else is feeling the same way.

I joined the group when I first got my ZL1 and it wasn't a huuuge group but it was definitely big. Now it's 28k members out of nowhere and they have moderators that literally take down everything unless it's just a picture of a car or a scam. I can't tell you how many times i get in an argument with a moderator that tells me a picture of a ZL1 or a question regarding performance of our car gets taken down because it's not Camaro relate. Although every scam or add for something like "work from home" scam is left in the forum.

It just sucks to see what was once a great group be drastically changed and moderated most likely for a buck

A little bit of a rant but I know I can't be the only one.
BROCKgoFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 12:48 PM   #2
bootss

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE with PDR
Yeah, it blows. I left the group.
bootss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 12:49 PM   #3
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I'm on ZL1 Exclusive and LT4 everything (C7Z06, CTSV, ZL1).

Both are much smaller group that the one you mentioned but have a decent amount of info on them. Watch out of the LT4 everything group. They have scammers on there often trying to sell things.

The mods have tried to implement a way stop it by wanting pictures in the for sale posts but it seems like there are 10 or more posts a day with items for sale.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 12:55 PM   #4
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
Facebook is for people whose intention in life is to create the illusion that their life is far more exciting than the next persons. That’s exactly why the planet is melting down. Your best bet is to move on.
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 01:11 PM   #5
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
I've been part of that group for over a year now, no issues at all and the moderation has improved recently.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 03:50 PM   #6
Chippy
BanHamWatch

Drives: 21 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
I've been part of that group for over a year now, no issues at all and the moderation has improved recently.
Ooohhh which group are you specifically referring to? I need to get over there as well to follow you.
Old 05-31-2023, 04:00 PM   #7
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
Ooohhh which group are you specifically referring to? I need to get over there as well to follow you.
The group mentioned above.
Old 05-31-2023, 04:52 PM   #8
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
I posted a video installing the spectrum floor LED lights... moderators took it down. I posted a photo of the floor lighting... good to go. Had like 50 people ask me for info... I had to PM each one the info and video, lol. Good times
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 05:35 PM   #9
2018ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10 NFG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfab View Post
Facebook is for people whose intention in life is to create the illusion that their life is far more exciting than the next persons. That’s exactly why the planet is melting down. Your best bet is to move on.
Farsebook!
2019 COPO #32
427 NA
9.38 142MPH
2018 ZL1-NFG-A10
388CI L8T
9.32 147MPH
2018ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 08:01 AM   #10
BROCKgoFAST

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by willzilla View Post
I posted a video installing the spectrum floor LED lights... moderators took it down. I posted a photo of the floor lighting... good to go. Had like 50 people ask me for info... I had to PM each one the info and video, lol. Good times
Same thing with me. I was told my ZL1 content wasn't ZL1 content lol
BROCKgoFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 08:39 AM   #11
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by willzilla View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROCKgoFAST View Post
Same thing with me. I was told my ZL1 content wasn't ZL1 content lol
Were they links to external websites like Youtube? if so, that's why. That group doesn't allow videos promoting any personal social media sites that you may profit from.
Old 06-01-2023, 08:41 AM   #12
ZL1Atlanta

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
There is a rule that states no spamming/promotion, which you know, but are trying to hide that you just don't like the rule. You are going to say "but what is wrong with YT videos?!". The issue is, with the influx of people trying to make money this way, we were getting completely irrelevant videos or videos where people have "advice" that is simply wrong. The only way an admin or someone more knowledgeable will know, or be able to call them out, is you guessed it, watching their video. The group is way too large to watch every aspiring YT star's videos to determine relevancy/accuracy. If you are truly just trying to offer advice, share experiences, etc., make a normal post with that advice, and if necessary, include a short video file cutting out the fluff.

Second point on scams... I will pay you to find me one "work at home" posting in the last year. I actually went back and deleted some months before I was an admin and blocked those users. Haven't had one try to post something like that since. As for sales, they all have to either be from an actual company/shop or have a name/date next to the item in the pics. We delete at least one a day for not following this rule...

Last comment... If you see something that we miss - REPORT IT. Complaining about it and not reporting it is a waste of time. If you've reported a post/comment that originated from that group in the last year that was legitimate violation and it wasn't addressed, prove it. Guarantee you can not.

Ok, one more. There is ZERO money coming from that FB group. Not a penny. That said, we have considered a "VIP program" targeted at shops who want to promote their products and services, but the goal would be to vet them ahead of time, so as a member, if you see them on there, you know we "endorse them" as a legitimate business. This would also include banning ALL private sales in the group. Not a huge problem in my eyes since there are several groups just for that. The main reason for not doing it, is not wanting to deal with the hassle. At the end of the day, this is a volunteer effort and what we'd charge likely wouldn't be worth it.
Attached Images

Built by Vengeance Racing, tuned by Elite Tuned

Last edited by ZL1Atlanta; 06-01-2023 at 08:59 AM.
ZL1Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 09:37 AM   #13
ZL1Atlanta

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
One more because I find this whole thread so funny. I counted 12 posts in 2023 alone by OP. Of course most of them had 'subscribe to my YouTube' at the end of them with a link to the page, but not direct links to the videos. It is walking the line on the rule, but we have been trying to be reasonable and there was some ZL1 related content in the post itself. He has been in the group since 2022 and only 4 posts have been declined or deleted. Typically we remove people after the 3rd one, but he has been active outside of that, so that is taken into consideration. Some people blatantly violate rules with every post.

Built by Vengeance Racing, tuned by Elite Tuned
ZL1Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 09:46 AM   #14
mariojas

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfab View Post
Damn right. ANY social media platform. ANY. I never understood why we need FB groups, when we have forums, but people around me just went for it like it's free beer.

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote