Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 05-21-2023, 03:52 PM   #43
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6cyl View Post
I think china and Russia have a plan to make landfall in Washington state.
Too late...
Old 05-21-2023, 04:22 PM   #44
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Too late...
Washington is really beautiful, with a few exceptions, Seattle being one. Not even the Chinese or Russians want to be there.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 08:58 PM   #45
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Washington is really beautiful, with a few exceptions, Seattle being one. Not even the Chinese or Russians want to be there.
I'll agree with that. Maybe just Seattle is filled with them.
Old 05-21-2023, 11:34 PM   #46
Anjilslaire

Drives: 2021 3LT RS A10
Racist much?
Anjilslaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 02:54 AM   #47
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
I enjoyed the comparison, and this thread in general.

Car enthusiast
Shooting enthusiast(guns and billiards) 😎
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 12:34 PM   #48
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 View Post
I enjoyed the comparison, and this thread in general.

Car enthusiast
Shooting enthusiast(guns and billiards) 😎
I think there is a lot of crossover between driving and shooting enthusiasts particularly in the shooting discipline I'm a part of. The primary goal of both is controlled speed. Victory is measured in hundredths of a second. I've both won and lost matches by 1/100 of a second.

Both driving and shooting enthusiasts often buy base packages and then soup them up.

All my competition rifles have had full 'race jobs' and are shortstroked. All my competition pistols have had significant work done as have my shotguns. The focus of that work is speed and reliability.

Even the relevant times can be similar. A good cowboy shooter can put 24 rounds out of four guns down range in 15 or 16 seconds without missing. A great cowboy shooter can do it in 12 seconds or so. The very best can occasionally get under 10 seconds.

Sounds a lot like racing cars.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 09:13 PM   #49
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I think there is a lot of crossover between driving and shooting enthusiasts particularly in the shooting discipline I'm a part of. The primary goal of both is controlled speed. Victory is measured in hundredths of a second. I've both won and lost matches by 1/100 of a second.

Both driving and shooting enthusiasts often buy base packages and then soup them up.

All my competition rifles have had full 'race jobs' and are shortstroked. All my competition pistols have had significant work done as have my shotguns. The focus of that work is speed and reliability.

Even the relevant times can be similar. A good cowboy shooter can put 24 rounds out of four guns down range in 15 or 16 seconds without missing. A great cowboy shooter can do it in 12 seconds or so. The very best can occasionally get under 10 seconds.

Sounds a lot like racing cars.
Well said and written. I can’t argue with anything you said. I agree. Shooting pool(billiards) is similar in many ways too. Proper equipment is needed, frequently modified as well. User skill makes all the difference. Speed, specifically control of speed, is integral, as is pinpoint accuracy. 👍🏻
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 07:07 AM   #50
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Smile

I Agree with most of the video comments. The only thing that I like from the Challenger is the retro look but is very pork heavy with very bad handling. During '11 the better handling muscle car was the Mustang 5.0,because the Camaro was very heavy and understered a lot until the 1LE package was developed to beat the Mustang BOSS. The 5th gen Camaro and that gen Mustang had real rear seating space. Actually the best well balanced performance Muscle Car is the 6th gen Camaro. The only Mustangs that are at that level of performance are the Shelby and Mach I Mustangs. For me the best exhaust sound comes from the stock Mustang and Challenger exhaust. The exhaust sound on the 6th gen Camaro is very muted for a Muscle car, the 5th gen Camaro's exhaust sound was much better.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 08:47 AM   #51
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
I Agree with most of the video comments. The only thing that I like from the Challenger is the retro look but is very pork heavy with very bad handling. During '11 the better handling muscle car was the Mustang 5.0,because the Camaro was very heavy and understered a lot until the 1LE package was developed to beat the Mustang BOSS. The 5th gen Camaro and that gen Mustang had real rear seating space. Actually the best well balanced performance Muscle Car is the 6th gen Camaro. The only Mustangs that are at that level of performance are the Shelby and Mach I Mustangs. For me the best exhaust sound comes from the stock Mustang and Challenger exhaust. The exhaust sound on the 6th gen Camaro is very muted for a Muscle car, the 5th gen Camaro's exhaust sound was much better.

My 2021 Scat Pack Widebody stock exhaust sucked ass. I ended up putting on the magnaflow xMOD with open mufflers. Then it sounded great. And it handled very good.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 09:37 AM   #52
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
My 2021 Scat Pack Widebody stock exhaust sucked ass. I ended up putting on the magnaflow xMOD with open mufflers. Then it sounded great. And it handled very good.
We had one of these at autoX over the weekend. It was bad, no way to do tight turns and be competitive, even in its class. The Camaro may not be the opimal either, but its worlds better at handling and obvious when you go to an event and watch the scat pack wb try to turn.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote