Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2023, 06:53 PM   #1
punk5150

Drives: 2014 SS/RS CRT
Instagram Seller

Anyone ever purchase anything from Instagram seller Camaro-spare-parts14 ? He is some guy in Florida that flips Camaro parts.
Considering buying a set of tires and rims from him and have them shipped up to NJ. A little skeptical about pulling the trigger due to all of the scams you read about on the internet.
Appreciate any feedback anyone may have.
Old 04-04-2023, 07:43 PM   #2
Bluebagger06

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
I found ANY place that has Spare parts in the name are scammers!!There are a bunch on all the Camaro forums on Facebook and they are all scammers. Ask they if they take Paypal Goods and Services!!
Old 04-04-2023, 08:00 PM   #3
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebagger06 View Post
I found ANY place that has Spare parts in the name are scammers!!There are a bunch on all the Camaro forums on Facebook and they are all scammers. Ask they if they take Paypal Goods and Services!!
Man, you must have the worst luck than anyone else I know. I have been conducting business on the web since the mid 90s and I think I can clearly recall only two instances where people TRIED to rip me off. Once was for a $25 set of hand carved grips that were obviously not designed for the handgun I bought them for and the other was for a couple of rare, old Spider-Man comics.

I use a bit of due diligence before spending any money on an unknown. I look for consistent reviews, a feedback system at the POS (point-of-sale) and try to talk to others like the OP is doing here. (Among other precautions.)

And your suggestion for Pay Pal, while good-intentioned, I'm sure, is not necessarily the best. They have a reputation for being the hardest to get recompense from when a deal goes bad. It's doable but they do make you work for it.

I easily spend a few hundred dollars a month online (not counting all the bills I pay online.). I've bought two brand new motorcycles, a Polaris RZR and my second Camaro from multiple states away. The bottom floor of my house is filled with arcade games, a pool table and a pinball table - all purchased online.

All I can say, is after hearing your consistent horror stories about buying stuff online, I must be doing something different.
Old 04-05-2023, 05:47 AM   #4
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
OP, if you post an ISO or WTB post on Facebook Marketplace or even this forum, you will get inundated with scam offers telling you to contact someone's email or something similar. I buy and sell parts all the time from a few different places, including this forum. I choose to use PayPal because it was what everyone was using when I started doing online transactions and I don't want a bazillion apps on my phone gathering my data and selling it.

Whatever app you use for a transaction, make sure it offers you a way to get your money back if you don't get what you paid for. Scammers will always ask you to take a risk. If they do, walk away. Other than that, trust your gut. If it feels fishy, don't do it. These parts are getting hard to find, but there is nothing anyone is offering that you can't find someone else selling eventually.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
Old 04-05-2023, 08:39 AM   #5
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
OP what kind of wheels you looking for?? I have a set of stock ones
Old 04-05-2023, 08:22 PM   #6
punk5150

Drives: 2014 SS/RS CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt O View Post
OP what kind of wheels you looking for?? I have a set of stock ones
I was looking at a set of black rims that supposedly came off a corvette.
Thanks for the offer.
Old 04-06-2023, 01:15 PM   #7
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Keep it clean and on topic folks…

OP, I cleaned it up a bit…. Let me know if it gets muddied up again…

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 04-07-2023, 08:19 AM   #8
Bluebagger06

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Keep it clean and on topic folks…

OP, I cleaned it up a bit…. Let me know if it gets muddied up again…
Great job!! You left Danial post that had nothing to do with the OP but instead to attack me, but deleted my post saying i trying to buy from place the OP has a question about and they are scammers!! What a joke!
Old 04-08-2023, 01:38 AM   #9
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebagger06 View Post
Great job!! You left Danial post that had nothing to do with the OP but instead to attack me, but deleted my post saying i trying to buy from place the OP has a question about and they are scammers!! What a joke!
He said you have the “worst luck,” apparently… and described his experiences… You fired right back with rants and personal attacks.

I simply removed the argumentative posts and said to keep it clean, on topic, and not personal.

Let’s not go down this path.

And it’s not a joke, it’s in the rules…

2) Agree to disagree — We encourage spirited discussions where members can contribute to the forum, and we understand that not everyone will be in agreement on a particular subject. However, repeated opposing posts with disrespectful intent to ‘win’ a debate will be moderated accordingly.

You signed off on these, as do all members, and no punishment was handed out to anyone… My actions are not personal…

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...

Closed Thread