Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-07-2019, 03:16 PM   #15
Boosted_ST
LT1 1LE

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE HPB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro View Post
I asked the same question four years ago, check out this link!
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434470
Super helpful; thanks!
Boosted_ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 03:18 PM   #16
Boosted_ST
LT1 1LE

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE HPB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
Put the car in accessory mode( hold start button for 5 seconds without foot on brake and when everything boots up), turn off auto headlights, now start car.

It’s what I do when starting and going into my garage to preserve the bulbs, but I do turn it back on because I want the DRL’s on. Despite the remarks here, turning the auto headlights off isn’t permanent and resets to on every start up.
Ty. I'll try that and report back.
Boosted_ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:15 AM   #17
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
That it defualts to AUTO is a nuisance, I get what he's saying. I quickly tick it to parking lights but it's still a minor pain in the ass for my own little self.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:53 AM   #18
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
That it defualts to AUTO is a nuisance, I get what he's saying. I quickly tick it to parking lights but it's still a minor pain in the ass for my own little self.
Just leave the lights set to parking lights.

I did the same thing with my 5th Gen so that the halos would be my only lights on.

You can always flick the switch forward to turn the lights on if you need to (at night), but otherwise, the parking lights stay on and look bad ass while you are driving. Then once you exit the vehicle, they stay on 10 more minutes before automatically shutting off.

I've been doing this for 10 years with my 5th gen, and now with the 6th Gen. It works just fine.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:02 AM   #19
madscotsman

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
How about a powerful flashlight over the light sensor on the dash until you back out into daylight?!?
madscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 10:01 AM   #20
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
I have a question, this kinds of answers it in a way but I’ve noticed I have my headlights on auto but they are always on even when driving out in the sun, I hardly drive my car so I let it be but now I’m thinking maybe a fuse is messed up or something? I could have sworn the LEDs will always be on but the headlights shouldn’t always been on, any advice to what may be causing that? I’m able to adjust and turn off the auto headlights and they stay off but I’d like to cruise around with my LEDs showing vs having everything off.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote