The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 03-16-2022, 01:27 AM   #1
Alan47717

Drives: 2022 1LT RS 2.0t/6spd
New to 6th Gen

I've been a Camaro fan since riding in my college roommate's 69 327/3sp in the 70's. I did a driver quality restoration on a 76 'Vette in the 80's but ended up selling it(long working hours, no time). After retirement, 12 years of full-time RV-ing and going through some serious health issues I started getting the itch for a driver's car again.

Long story short (too late maybe) I decided the answer would be the 1LT/2.0T/6spd that I am waiting for. I don't need a fast car, I need a driver's car and I love that LTG engine as I already have one in my Equinox. A great engine in search of a great car.

The information I have gained here has already been helpful and I look forward to learning more about my new ride.
Alan47717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 08:44 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 03-19-2022, 10:58 AM   #3
4xlr8n
Red Hot

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan47717 View Post
I've been a Camaro fan since riding in my college roommate's 69 327/3sp in the 70's. I did a driver quality restoration on a 76 'Vette in the 80's but ended up selling it(long working hours, no time). After retirement, 12 years of full-time RV-ing and going through some serious health issues I started getting the itch for a driver's car again.

Long story short (too late maybe) I decided the answer would be the 1LT/2.0T/6spd that I am waiting for. I don't need a fast car, I need a driver's car and I love that LTG engine as I already have one in my Equinox. A great engine in search of a great car.

The information I have gained here has already been helpful and I look forward to learning more about my new ride.
I just did the SAME thing. 2017 RS 1LT/2.0T/6spd
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2022, 10:29 AM   #4
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
The 2.0T is not a bad option IMO. Easy to modify, parts are available, and decent power to start with for an i4. I to am an LTG owner and welcome!
Old 03-31-2022, 10:37 AM   #5
GXP08jrf

Drives: 2016 1LT 'Vert
After test driving both a V6 and the 2.0L (both A8 auto), I thought that the 4-banger had overall better drivability. It felt more spirited in general even though none of the objective numbers bear this out. I don't know if it's due to throttle progression, taller FD, or just the feel of the boost.

I traded an ATS with the 2.0L on the Camaro, and it was plenty adequate in that car, seldom left me wanting especially after I put a very basic tune in it. And as has already been said, there is decent aftermarket support for the LTG (vs the V6 which has very little.) I think you'll be pleasantly surprised straight off the showroom floor, though.
GXP08jrf is offline   Reply With Quote