Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-06-2021, 07:59 AM   #1
Surfdog SS

Drives: 2015 SS Black/Black
Is my car slower!?!

I just got done installing BMR 1.25 lowering springs and trailing arms. Also put on factory reproduction z28 rim in the factory zl1 staggered setup. The car definitely is so much stiffer now and the nose doesn't fly up or dive down while shifting anymore. It doesn't "feel" as fast to me. Is this placebo effect from lowering the car or is it from the larger tire sizes? I'm still waiting on my supercharger to come in....ordered it 2 months ago. Dam you covid!
Attached Images

2015 2SS M6 Stainless Power LT header w/ hf cats, NPP axle backs, ECS Novi 1500 SC, ATI 10% UD, BMR 1.25 springs, trailing arms, and bushings, short thow shifter, Z28 replica rims, BTR stage 2 centrifugal cam, zl1 pump, FIC 1000, and flex fuel
Surfdog SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 08:10 AM   #2
Omega

Drives: G8
Bigger and heavier wheels will have that effect

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 01:13 AM   #3
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfdog SS View Post
I just got done installing BMR 1.25 lowering springs and trailing arms. Also put on factory reproduction z28 rim in the factory zl1 staggered setup. The car definitely is so much stiffer now and the nose doesn't fly up or dive down while shifting anymore. It doesn't "feel" as fast to me. Is this placebo effect from lowering the car or is it from the larger tire sizes? I'm still waiting on my supercharger to come in....ordered it 2 months ago. Dam you covid!
I changed from 20x8 and 20x9 staggered and went to 20x9 to 20x10s and went to Factory Reproduction ZL1s from stock rims(along with Conti tires that 1JEWLDSSRS suggested and I can't speak to speed, but the ride is much more stiffer and corners beautifully. I have to lower my car too but yours looks great!! I'm sure the super charger will give you maybe an extra 5-6 HP. It's a joke what's been going on with shipments, our stuff is probably somewhere in here:
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2021, 09:09 AM   #4
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Your Camaro is not any slower, just more "grounded" so to speak. With the wheels being wider and the car being lower it will feel much tighter and and a bit stiffer than it was stock. You won't have that feeling of "flying" anymore because you are closer to the ground and more connected. If that made any sense to you. lol.
Old 11-07-2021, 09:28 AM   #5
Surfdog SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekono View Post
I changed from 20x8 and 20x9 staggered and went to 20x9 to 20x10s and went to Factory Reproduction ZL1s from stock rims(along with Conti tires that 1JEWLDSSRS suggested and I can't speak to speed, but the ride is much more stiffer and corners beautifully. I have to lower my car too but yours looks great!! I'm sure the super charger will give you maybe an extra 5-6 HP. It's a joke what's been going on with shipments, our stuff is probably somewhere in here:
Thanks man, lowering it made a huge difference. I'm sure my sc is in there somewhere
2015 2SS M6 Stainless Power LT header w/ hf cats, NPP axle backs, ECS Novi 1500 SC, ATI 10% UD, BMR 1.25 springs, trailing arms, and bushings, short thow shifter, Z28 replica rims, BTR stage 2 centrifugal cam, zl1 pump, FIC 1000, and flex fuel
Old 11-07-2021, 09:32 AM   #6
Surfdog SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Your Camaro is not any slower, just more "grounded" so to speak. With the wheels being wider and the car being lower it will feel much tighter and and a bit stiffer than it was stock. You won't have that feeling of "flying" anymore because you are closer to the ground and more connected. If that made any sense to you. lol.
This is exactly what I was trying to explain thank you. The car used to feel like it was floating and very loose. Even if it is a little slower it's only temporary