Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-20-2020, 08:08 PM   #1
Test_Eng

Drives: 2013 1SS RS 1LE NPP ADM LSA CON
What would you do?

Warning long rant...

So I haven’t posted in awhile but I have an interesting situation related to an order I placed and looking for some advice.

I ordered a BMR Sway bar kit for my 2013 1LE through summit racing after a horrible car performance track day. Looking back this is where I think I went in the wrong direction and not thinking that there were vendors on here that would have been glad to help me. So ordered the kit 2 weeks ago and get a order confirmation email and tracking not too long after. So last Friday I was under my car changing out the rear diff fluid when the UPS truck arrived. The driver said I have some suspension parts for you today as he drops it off behind me as I’m covered in gear oil.

So the driver leaves and I get cleaned up and grab the package to my surprise the package seemed extremely light and then I noticed the packing tape all over the package. So knowing something is fishy I open the box and to my not so much surprise it’s empty with some packing paper.

So this is were things get frustrating... First call is to Summit Racing, called in and waiting 4 hours with no response. Note: I was disconnected 3 times while driving to daycare to pick up my kids. After no response I try their texting service again On Friday still. I left the text service up all night and continue to acknowledge that I was still there waiting for someone to respond. This continues into Saturday and to my surprise I get a response while on the front 9 of 18 hole golfing outing. The customer support rep was extremely helpful and took all of my information and I sent him/her pictures of the empty box as I received it and BMR was “Supposed” to be sent a replacement order. So “great” end of story, Summit is going to make it right and I just need to wait another week to get my parts.... WRONG!!!!

Monday roles around and I get the replacement confirmation from from Summit and then get a tracking number. Great! Things are looking good. I check the tracking number and to my surprise it’s the same tracking number for the package I received last Friday that was empty. Uhhooo!!! So instead of calling Summit again and waiting a life time to talk to someone I call BMR directly to see what they know.

Well they have no knowledge of the order for replacement and inform me nothing they can do. So ok back to contacting Summit again. Dial up their number and also texting them through their other service option, to my surprise someone answers the phone after only 45 minutes. The service rep informs me that BMR was sent the order last Saturday and they have no idea why I was sent the old tracking number. So I express my displeasure and ask what is the next step what can be done. The service tech says he can call BMR directly and try to work out the issue while he places me on hold.

I sit on hold for only a few minutes and when he gets back to me he confirms what I knew already in that they did not have an order but that someone from BMR would look into it and that summit would be in contact with them again and then contact me when they could confirm the order was received today. They also informed me that the sway bar kit I ordered was on back order until late Sept. Note: I have another track day lined up late Sept.

Lunch time rolls around today and no emails or calls. So I decided to again call up BMR and I get the same person that talked with summit the day before. He informs me that summit orders are sent by fax and when he last checked they still have not yet received any orders for my kit. He also informed me that they have the part in stock and ready to ship. Really!!! So back to summit again...

Call Summit and someone answers in 15 minutes, “getting better”. Get a different service tech and she looks up my order info and she sees all the past communication I had with the tech yesterday and she informs me that the order should have been sent, that she and yesterday’s tech both have escalated this issue to there purchasing team, and that they will look into this and again get back to me. She also informs me that the part is still on back order until last September.

So here I am stuck and not really confident I even have an order submitted with BMR and no parts to install.

I want to make this very clear “I am not blaming BMR or Summit or holding either accountable” because I work for a big business and deal consistently with purchasing, accounts payable, and as an Engineer. Trust me, none of it make any sense but somehow parts get to where they need to go and vendors get paid eventually.

Looking for some suggestions;

1. Try to cancel this order and start over with a vendor here?

2. Continue to let it ride and hope it gets worked out.

3. Any other options...

This may have been more of a vent but I am sure someone else has been through this before...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Test_Eng; 08-20-2020 at 08:20 PM.
Test_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 10:09 PM   #2
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Is ordering from BMR direct an option since they confirmed it's in stock? There are a handful of vendors I have come to trust over the years. But say for example ACS, I don't use any 3rd parties. I get with Joe direct at ACS and have never been disappointed. Somehow the man gets my every order perfect every time, at my doorstep in 2-3 days from Canada. Yet a vendor 2 hours away in the U.S. manages to screw the pooch every time on my ACS order which results in wasting weeks waiting. So on some stuff, you're just better off going direct
Old 08-21-2020, 06:34 AM   #3
Test_Eng

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Zob View Post
Is ordering from BMR direct an option since they confirmed it's in stock? There are a handful of vendors I have come to trust over the years. But say for example ACS, I don't use any 3rd parties. I get with Joe direct at ACS and have never been disappointed. Somehow the man gets my every order perfect every time, at my doorstep in 2-3 days from Canada. Yet a vendor 2 hours away in the U.S. manages to screw the pooch every time on my ACS order which results in wasting weeks waiting. So on some stuff, you're just better off going direct

I would assume so. Kinda wish I did to begin with. When I started my order at summit I initially planned to order rotors, caliper dust seals, sway bar kit, and sway bar end links. But after pricing everything and finding exactly what I wanted I quickly noticed that Summit did not have everything. But since I have the sway bar kit and a bushing kit “I did receive this from BMR with no issues” all ready I figured I’d submit my order. Never had and problems with summit orders in the past...

Old 08-21-2020, 11:10 AM   #4
Test_Eng

Update...

Received an email confirmation from Summit that BMR has the order and parts are shipping out today. Tracking number to follow they say...