Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-12-2020, 04:35 AM   #1
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
Going Catless Creates Problems?

So i went catless with the ARH Catless Downpipes.

originally i got code P0420 and P0430, the first thing i attempted to do was disable the codes because i knew they were false codes because i removed the cats. for some reason my tuners software wasn't able to disable codes for my car yet so my tuner told me they would update their software and id be able to disable. in the meantime i installed defoulers because i didnt want to continue to see the code. so after defoulers install literally right after i got the email from my tuner giving me the new software that would allow me to turn off the codes.

before i even disable the codes i checked my ecm for codes and the ecm now gives me P0157 which indicates that my bank 2 sensor 2 is running low voltage. so i disabled the original codes (P0420, P0430) hoping these would resolve all of that then got the code U0140 telling me the BCM is no longer communicating with the ECM (most likely just because i disabled the previous codes) so i went ahead and disabled the U0140 code (tell me if i should turn that back on)

so i reflash the tune and take the car out for a drive, the CEL comes back on after two heat cycles. and it is a P0157 code, now my question is. do you guys think it's the actual o2 sensor, the wiring, or just a false code? im going to go under my car today check for leaks or loose connections. i also feel like i need to thighten my 02 sensors since putting the defoulers on i feel as i did not tighten them fully so they could be loose.

Please Guys anything helps The car is now Full Bolt On And the CEL Seem to not stop.
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 09:29 PM   #2
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
So the defoulers and o2 sensors were both loose and basically falling off my exhaust after fully tightening them and clearing the code and driving the car for a good amount of time and no codes at all. im now problem free and a full bolt on v6 camaro

Last edited by Spudsmaro; 02-15-2020 at 06:50 AM.
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote