Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-27-2020, 12:09 PM   #15
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
The same manufacturer and brand taking their performance models and making them available to fans of convertibles is apples to oranges?

This forum was also completely convinced we'd never see an auto 1LE, and yet the ZL1 1LE 10AT exists. Don't be daft, it's possible and there's a history from Chevrolet of doing so.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:12 PM   #16
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
The same manufacturer and brand taking their performance models and making them available to fans of convertibles is apples to oranges?

This forum was also completely convinced we'd never see an auto 1LE, and yet the ZL1 1LE 10AT exists. Don't be daft, it's possible and there's a history from Chevrolet of doing so.
Daft? LMAO....okay man. As you were. Can't wait to see these 1LE Verts hits the streets
Old 01-27-2020, 01:51 PM   #17
NeverDie
Account Suspended

I'm waiting to see where I said they were.

I stated the company has set a precedent for doing this in the past, and noted they rolled back on the NO AUTO IN A 1LE EVER part as well. You basically flailed and tried to insert words into my mouth.

Time to stop the daftness.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:53 PM   #18
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
I don’t quite understand the argument....there’s a ZL1 convertible. Why not a 1LE version?

Quite frankly, if Chevy offered a 1SS or even possibly a 2SS 1LE convertible, I would have bought it. Clearly, it’s not going to be as fast, or handle like a coupe 1LE. But, I like the wheels / tires / brakes and recaro’s. It’s a great package. If the suspension gets beefed up / tuned for the Vert, even better.

I actually thought about piecing one together, but the cost would be prohibitive and the Z came out as a better overall value.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:56 PM   #19
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
I don’t quite understand the argument....there’s a ZL1 convertible. Why not a 1LE version?

Quite frankly, if Chevy offered a 1SS or even possibly a 2SS 1LE convertible, I would have bought it. Clearly, it’s not going to be as fast, or handle like a coupe 1LE. But, I like the wheels / tires / brakes and recaro’s. It’s a great package. If the suspension gets beefed up / tuned for the Vert, even better.

I actually thought about piecing one together, but the cost would be prohibitive and the Z came out as a better overall value.
Good point - I would have liked to have those Recaros. The regular 2SS seats didn't interest me so I went with 1SS. I could see getting a 1SS 1LE vert.

BMW doesn't do it btw -they offer the M4 in convertible but limit the comp package to the coupe.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 02:03 PM   #20
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
Good point - I would have liked to have those Recaros. The regular 2SS seats didn't interest me so I went with 1SS. I could see getting a 1SS 1LE vert.

BMW doesn't do it btw -they offer the M4 in convertible but limit the comp package to the coupe.
bmwusa.com

build your own

select M

Choose M4 Convertible

Click "options"

Scroll down..... $4250 and your choice of wheels.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:40 PM   #21
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post

One of the main advantages of the 1LE package is the eLSD, which doesn't fit in the convertibles.

So it would have to be an alternate 1LE package which will just boil down to wheels and tires, and alcantara trim.

I strongly agree with others than have mentioned 1LE wheels and tires should be an option for SS's.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:38 PM   #22
c4racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
bmwusa.com

build your own

select M

Choose M4 Convertible

Click "options"

Scroll down..... $4250 and your choice of wheels.
ah - nice. So now even BMW offers that. They used to only have it on the coupe. Clearly there is a market for this.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:40 PM   #23
c4racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
One of the main advantages of the 1LE package is the eLSD, which doesn't fit in the convertibles.

So it would have to be an alternate 1LE package which will just boil down to wheels and tires, and alcantara trim.

I strongly agree with others than have mentioned 1LE wheels and tires should be an option for SS's.
you can get a ZL1 convertible, which doesn't come with the eLSD.

But agree that makes it more of a gray area - because with the ZL1 you are at least getting the upgraded engine, brakes, suspension.

I think you could still call it a 1LE package without the eLSD, since that is what they did on the ZL1 vert already.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:48 PM   #24
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
you can get a ZL1 convertible, which doesn't come with the eLSD.

But agree that makes it more of a gray area - because with the ZL1 you are at least getting the upgraded engine, brakes, suspension.

I think you could still call it a 1LE package without the eLSD, since that is what they did on the ZL1 vert already.
Yes,that's what I said. The convertibles dont get an eLSD.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:11 PM   #25
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Isn't the eLSD rearend something like a 9.9" rearend, and the non-eLSD rearend I think a 8.6" rearend? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but thought I've read this. I think if you just get rid of the eLSD stuff you can throw most any other LSD in it if their made to fit like maybe a Torsion, TrueTrac, Auburn Gear, Detroit Locker, etc? Are their any non-factory LSD's made for these rearends?

If this is indeed correct the smaller rearend must still be pretty stout to be a good enough for a 4K+ lb car making 650 BHP?
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:52 PM   #26
c4racer

The SS has a traditional LSD. I’m not sure you need anything better in a vert unless you are autoxing it or something.