Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-29-2019, 02:39 PM   #15
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy85 View Post
The Integra Type R isn't even 20 years old, already worth significantly more than the ~ $25k sticker price:

https://bringatrailer.com/acura/integra-type-r/

Not to mention Mark IV Supra prices, or R34 Skylines any vintage NSX (save the new ones, ironically).

It's completely misguided to think a muscle car of almost any variety will be where the collector car market is in the future. The cars of the youth of Gen X/Millenials both in volume and pop culture are imports. The halo cars were imports. Market is already shifting that direction, will only get worse. Simply put, this 1969 Camaro and 1999 Civic Si have exactly the same value, but market for the '69 is literally dying off while those who'd want the '99 are just starting to get disposable income.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...let-camaro-32/

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1999-honda-civic-13/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Are you really trying to compare a 1969 SS Clone Camaro car with unknown miles and nothing original against an all original low mile car and say the market is dying off based on that nonsense . A 1966 VW beetle all original low mile sells for close to what that 1999 Honda sells for. Find a low mile real SS first gen Camaro all original and see what that sells for . First and second gen Camaros have never been in more demand then they are now , that's why there are soo many clones out there for a lot less . Those all original early Camaro are well out of the range for those people looking for a 24K Honda .

Thank god you saved me from having to type a full response..LOL

He is embellishing to try and make a point that he is clueless about.

Last edited by Memphis SS; 05-29-2019 at 03:05 PM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:35 PM   #16
lawguy85

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post

Thank god you saved me from having to type a full response..LOL

He is embellishing to try and make a point that he is clueless about.
You guys can ass pull anecdotes all day, doesn’t make actual data comport to antiquated thinking. Value is literally the same as the 20 year old integra regardless of Camaro vintage, only outliers are race cars:

https://bringatrailer.com/chevrolet/camaro/

A good buy for future collectability in 2019 is a Civic Type R, not a Camaro of any trim. Trying to stay civil, arduous task around here.
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:37 PM   #17
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
You guys can ass pull anecdotes all day, doesn’t make actual data comport to antiquated thinking. Value is literally the same as the 20 year old integra regardless of Camaro vintage, only outliers are race cars:

A good buy for future collectability in 2019 is a Civic Type R, not a Camaro of any trim. Trying to stay civil, arduous task around here.
There are plenty of Camaros that are worth and have sold for FAR more than an Integra.

But hey, V-TEC YO!!.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 04:42 PM   #18
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:

What?? Are you really serious? Like you really cant be serious. Right? I mean so far your statements are NOT based on fact like you are asking to point out and your quoting vehicles on a website I personally have never heard off and when I went to it had all of 2 Camaro's for sale?!! Since you like to deal in "real world" facts, here a couple facts that "real world" banks look at for value. You can start there.......
https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1969...r-Coupe/Values

https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1999...r-Coupe/Values

Come on man......I really dont know what point your trying to make to be honest with you but your argument choice so far is.....how do the youngins say it? Oh yeah its WACK!
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 04:56 PM   #19
lawguy85

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
What?? Are you really serious? Like you really cant be serious. Right? I mean so far your statements are NOT based on fact like you are asking to point out and your quoting vehicles on a website I personally have never heard off and when I went to it had all of 2 Camaro's for sale?!! Since you like to deal in "real world" facts, here a couple facts that "real world" banks look at for value. You can start there.......
https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1969...r-Coupe/Values

https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1999...r-Coupe/Values

Come on man......I really dont know what point your trying to make to be honest with you but your argument choice so far is.....how do the youngins say it? Oh yeah its WACK!
The link shows graphs with historical data. I asked the mods to delete my account. I refuse to believe I’m speaking to adults with full cognitive faculties. The ball has been moved so many times the actual argument is obfuscated. Jackass (a) said values don’t climb for 20-30 years, I showed him a car, Integra Type R, that retailer for 24k in 2001 that goes for 40k 18 years later. Almost double value. Jackass (b) said Camaros are worth so much more than ITRs (I never argued converse), but easily disproved that anecdote with the same damn links: Camaros averaged that same 40k. Apparently this caused major butthurt among you blue hairs incapable of understanding market changes. Classic car values are driven by scarcity and nostalgia, what nostalgia would the next generations have for Camaros??? None. Stop being obtuse, well I hope it’s willful ignorance anyway. If you guys are actually this dumb heaven help...
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:40 PM   #20
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
The link shows graphs with historical data. I asked the mods to delete my account. I refuse to believe I’m speaking to adults with full cognitive faculties. The ball has been moved so many times the actual argument is obfuscated. Jackass (a) said values don’t climb for 20-30 years, I showed him a car, Integra Type R, that retailer for 24k in 2001 that goes for 40k 18 years later. Almost double value. Jackass (b) said Camaros are worth so much more than ITRs (I never argued converse), but easily disproved that anecdote with the same damn links: Camaros averaged that same 40k. Apparently this caused major butthurt among you blue hairs incapable of understanding market changes. Classic car values are driven by scarcity and nostalgia, what nostalgia would the next generations have for Camaros??? None. Stop being obtuse, well I hope it’s willful ignorance anyway. If you guys are actually this dumb heaven help...
Believe me I have full cognitive ability buddy. The only thing I can think you mean is this is the "Fast and furious" generation that is going to want these. Which you are correct. But what you are not taking into account is there are young people who like and love old muscle and new muscle/sports cars? You cant seriously think that the future is only bright for Honda's and that the Fast & Furious generation has no love for Camaro's? Thats just flat wrong. At least in my area of the country, there are more younger people driving Camaro's, Mustangs, & Challengers than ANY form of Japanese built car. Maybe your area of the country is different? I dont know....... Sounds like crazy talk to me.
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:44 PM   #21
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
The 19 front isn’t unique. The 20 is just painted body color in the center. Will you even be able to tell the difference on a black car?

Edit: they moved the bow tie

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 05-29-2019 at 05:59 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:57 PM   #22
Jbanta1983

Drives: 2019 2ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
The 19 front isn’t unique. The 20 is just painted body color in the center. Will you even be able to tell the difference on a black car?

Edit: they moved the bow tie
Yes it is unique. Flow tie in bumper
Jbanta1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:20 PM   #23
thefirstcause

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, 2009 Mazda6 GT V6
I love the 2019 SS front end in all black. That 1LE looks so badass and aggressive. With the blacked out bowtie it looks awesome. I think Chevy made a smart move to body color the center bar though because with the other colors the black center bar just doesn't work as well as on all black.
thefirstcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:03 AM   #24
Beamz27

Drives: 19 Satin Steel 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbanta1983 View Post
Just wanna say how happy I am with my 2019 2ss 1le and how excited I am it's the only year this front end will ever be made. 30 years from now it could be worth alot who knows. Either way I doubt I'm gonna see another 2019 2ss 1LE on the road and I love it.
What did you use to black out the flow tie?
Beamz27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 03:44 AM   #25
John_S

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Now doubt the 1Le will be more sought after then regular SS models and being the only year the front end was available is a major plus . The less that were made and the more performance is what collectors want . It took a while before people came around to the Split Bumpers on the 70s Camaros, i see the same happening to the 19s .It is a much better looking front end then the dummy down version on the 2020, especially on the 1Le. Its been funny hearing all the people crying about the front end of the 19 ,they need to team up with the people crying the SS 1Le needs a automatic transmission, its all just silly .
Im just glad my 2019 2SS is w/ performance enthusiast package so I get all the goodies with 1LE but w/ just an automatic tranny.
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 03:54 AM   #26
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_S View Post
Im just glad my 2019 2SS is w/ performance enthusiast package so I get all the goodies with 1LE but w/ just an automatic tranny.
I hate to burst your bubble, but you do not get "all the goodies" of a 1LE...
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:05 AM   #27
John_S

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
I hate to burst your bubble, but you do not get "all the goodies" of a 1LE...

Wow, do not mean to troll or anything. but the 2SS w/ performance package does include the zl1 rotors, brake pads, & calipers as a 1LE. (6 Piston, Which is the same as my last car, a Lexus RCF ((MSRP $69k)) I got the same suspension as a 1LE

Only reason I bought this car was because of the Bose sound package and Magride. Honestly the car rides very luxuriously , believe it or not. If someone is coming from a luxury background & wants to get into something younger/hotter/fresher. Im pretty sure my car even has an ELSD. Anyway very interesting and I hope an engineer or serious GM customer can enlighten me.
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:24 AM   #28
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Wow, do not mean to troll or anything. but the 2SS w/ performance package does include the zl1 rotors, brake pads, & calipers as a 1LE. (6 Piston, Which is the same as my last car, a Lexus RCF ((MSRP $69k))
False. ZL1 rotors are 15.36x1.42". Your rotors are 14.6x1.3". Also, pads are different. So please order the correct parts when you go to replace them.

Quote:
Im pretty sure my car even has an ELSD. Anyway very interesting and I hope an engineer or serious GM customer can enlighten me.
Incorrect.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote