Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-11-2016, 03:29 PM   #1
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
Onstar Touch Button Issue

Afternoon all. I searched for this particular issue and was u noble to find anything so hopefully this isn't a common issue, but it would be nice if there is a known solution.

I noticed this morning that the Onstar buttons on my 2014 2SS rear view mirror were not illuminated. I purchased the car a month ago certified used. The touch buttons were illuminated upon purchase up until this morning. They aren't working either. I noticed while cleaning the mirror a couple of weeks ago that doing so activates a call. Now nothing. Any ideas?
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:29 AM   #2
Junior

Well, I have checked the Onstar fuse and it's in tact. Pulling it and putting it back did nothing. The buttons still do not work.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:55 AM   #3
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
How did you clean the mirror? You are not supposed to spray glass cleaner directly onto the mirror, because there's circuitry inside.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:40 AM   #4
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
How did you clean the mirror? You are not supposed to spray glass cleaner directly onto the mirror, because there's circuitry inside.
I used a Liquid Glass wipe that already had some use on the windsheild, so it was barely damp. That was weeks ago, and this issue started yesterday. That shouldn't be the issue.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:38 AM   #5
Junior

Ok, so I pulled and replaced the F1 fuse (Universal Garage Door Opener/Ultra–sonic Rear Parking Assist/Inside Rearview Mirror) in the rear fuse compartment and now the Onstar buttons work. The fuse I pulled earlier was solely for the Onstar module located behind the dash. It would seem the mirror itself was not getting power. I will keep an eye on it and report back any additional anomalies.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:24 PM   #6
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Is your onstar active? According to my manual the lights are off if the account is inactive.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 11:36 AM   #7
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint View Post
Is your onstar active? According to my manual the lights are off if the account is inactive.
I do not have an Onstar account There is no way anyone can convince me the benefits are worth the cost. But the lights do work now, and the buttons now respond to touch. I know what you speak of in the manual, but it either is written incorrectly, or is entirely incorrect. It conflicts with the part in the manual that stated you should press the OnStar button to reach a rep and activate your account. One could not do that if the button wasn't illuminated and did not respond.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:51 PM   #8
samy2082

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2 SS / RS
Thank you guys, my onstar rear view mirror buttons where not lighting up, dealer wanted 120 to diagnose the problem thanks to your forum I fixed problem by just removing the trunk area fuse Box F1 fuse and problem fixed , again thank you
samy2082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:42 AM   #9
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy2082 View Post
Thank you guys, my onstar rear view mirror buttons where not lighting up, dealer wanted 120 to diagnose the problem thanks to your forum I fixed problem by just removing the trunk area fuse Box F1 fuse and problem fixed , again thank you
No problem Samy. These forums exist for this very reason at the least.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:07 PM   #10
ragsRS

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
No problem Samy. These forums exist for this very reason at the least.
OLD thread. Same solution! Removed fuse, started car, turned off car, put fuse back in. DONE! Thanks!!!! Auto Dim mirror and lights are back on. Including the Blue highlight strips in the door panels. (2014 RS 2LT)

EDIT: The fuse block in the trunk. F1 fuse (Universal Garage Door Opener/Ultra–sonic Rear Parking Assist/Inside Rearview Mirror)