Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-06-2019, 10:36 PM   #239
BigumZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Summit White
I came from a Scat Pack Shaker to my ZL1. Loved the scat pack, but wanted a better balanced car that could turn. But, the old school looks of the Challenger are something special. And, getting in and out of her was a lot easier than the pretzel maneuver I have to do getting into my ZL1! Enjoy your Scat Pack!

My former Scat Pack Shaker and ZL1
Attached Images

BigumZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:49 PM   #240
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigumZL1 View Post
I came from a Scat Pack Shaker to my ZL1. Loved the scat pack, but wanted a better balanced car that could turn. But, the old school looks of the Challenger are something special. And, getting in and out of her was a lot easier than the pretzel maneuver I have to do getting into my ZL1! Enjoy your Scat Pack!

My former Scat Pack Shaker and ZL1
Haha! I remember your post awhile back and I told you both cars were beautiful! Congrats on yours! It's all about fun in the end!
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:02 AM   #241
Fast02Z06

Drives: 2018 ZL1
I'm gay so this would not have been an issue for me. I'm also not one to ask permission when it's MY MONEY. If you need to ask permission I feel bad for you. I can see if it was a ridiculous purchase but we are talking abt a 60k ish car when a loaded new honda Accord is 40k. As long as nothing financially is effected on the home front make your move but out of respect simply state (not ask) that you have been looking at new Camaro's and will probably be picking one up soon.
Fast02Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 08:43 AM   #242
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast02Z06 View Post
I'm gay so this would not have been an issue for me. I'm also not one to ask permission when it's MY MONEY. If you need to ask permission I feel bad for you. I can see if it was a ridiculous purchase but we are talking abt a 60k ish car when a loaded new honda Accord is 40k. As long as nothing financially is effected on the home front make your move but out of respect simply state (not ask) that you have been looking at new Camaro's and will probably be picking one up soon.
Since this thread is coming to an end I’m going to address this because these comments have gotten really old. There’s no such thing as “MY MONEY” in a marriage it’s “OUR MONEY.” I make more, I have my money, I spend it on things I want but we’re in a partnership TOGETHER, that’s what MARRIAGE is. If some do whatever they please and there wife’s are okay with that, super. If some posters do whatever they want to their wife’s dismay, okay than. But just because I respect my wife, her opinion and what we have doesn’t make me somehow less of a man. Being belittled (by some) for asking this question has gotten extremely old. I’m not the type to go spend 50K on a car and come home and say, “deal with it.” I make my own decisions but that doesn’t mean I don’t take her feelings into consideration.

Your post is what’s wrong with America anymore. Money is no object and the “me me me, I do whatever the F I want” mentality.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:32 AM   #243
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
Since this thread is coming to an end I’m going to address this because these comments have gotten really old. There’s no such thing as “MY MONEY” in a marriage it’s “OUR MONEY.” I make more, I have my money, I spend it on things I want but we’re in a partnership TOGETHER, that’s what MARRIAGE is. If some do whatever they please and there wife’s are okay with that, super. If some posters do whatever they want to their wife’s dismay, okay than. But just because I respect my wife, her opinion and what we have doesn’t make me somehow less of a man. Being belittled (by some) for asking this question has gotten extremely old. I’m not the type to go spend 50K on a car and come home and say, “deal with it.” I make my own decisions but that doesn’t mean I don’t take her feelings into consideration.

Your post is what’s wrong with America anymore. Money is no object and the “me me me, I do whatever the F I want” mentality.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:40 AM   #244
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:57 PM   #245
Oddspyke

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro ZL1 convertible
I discussed my ZL1 with my wife before buying it and her answer was that if it was important to me and I thought it was worth it, I should buy it. So I went for one last test drive and decided to sign the papers. I came home and her response was "I can't believe you actuality bought it". I think we both learned an important lesson.
Oddspyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:11 PM   #246
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddspyke View Post
I discussed my ZL1 with my wife before buying it and her answer was that if it was important to me and I thought it was worth it, I should buy it. So I went for one last test drive and decided to sign the papers. I came home and her response was "I can't believe you actuality bought it". I think we both learned an important lesson.
sounds like my wife! It was all fun and games from the start of this thread leading up to my Challenger purchase. She went with me, looked at colors, talked to me about all of them. I told her last Monday I wanted a B5 blue challenger, when she realized Friday i was in the process of actually going through with it her entire personality changed. She didn’t talk to me at all after I came home on Saturday from the dealer and now she’s back to, “if you’re happy good, now stop buying things.”
Old 05-07-2019, 11:20 PM   #247
Jonas111

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddspyke View Post
This same thing happened at my house.

OP I respect you very much for putting this post up. There is some really great people in this forum that show the appropriate amount of love and respect for the wife and or partner. Great to see.

It’s when that respect is not there is when I find your not with your best friend anymore. That’s a sad day in a relationship in my opinion.

I just got my ZL1 last Friday. My wife isn’t super happy I did it - but I sure am! Lol. She said if we can afford it and it makes me happy then I should do it. Well I did it. No regrets here. Rides like a dream compared to my 2SS.

Post a pic when you pick it up. Cheers
Jonas111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:25 PM   #248
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas111 View Post
This same thing happened at my house.

OP I respect you very much for putting this post up. There is some really great people in this forum that show the appropriate amount of love and respect for the wife and or partner. Great to see.

It’s when that respect is not there is when I find your not with your best friend anymore. That’s a sad day in a relationship in my opinion.

I just got my ZL1 last Friday. My wife isn’t super happy I did it - but I sure am! Lol. She said if we can afford it and it makes me happy then I should do it. Well I did it. No regrets here. Rides like a dream compared to my 2SS.

Post a pic when you pick it up. Cheers
Jonas111, would you be willing to elaborate a bit on this? What was wrong with the 2SS, did yours not have magnetic ride control perhaps?

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:42 PM   #249
Jonas111

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Jonas111, would you be willing to elaborate a bit on this? What was wrong with the 2SS, did yours not have magnetic ride control perhaps?
My 2SS did not have the magnetic ride. My 2SS also had the 8 speed auto and my ZL1 has the 10 speed auto. Major difference on the paddle shifting.

The magnetic ride alone was the second largest reason I switched over. First being 200 more HP. The ride is noticeably better for me. The power and shifting is much better as well.

There was nothing wrong with the 2SS. Nothing at all. The ZL1 was just that much better. More power, better shifting and that magnetic ride is awesome.

To be fair - last year when I bought my 2SS there was only 1 ZL1 1LE and I didn’t like it. It’s a track car and I’m not tracking my car. So my dream car was a black ZL1 with the 10 speed auto. They got the exact car I wanted in and asked if I wanted to see it before anyone else. We don’t get many cars like this in Canada. I went down and looked at it and it’s the car I wanted to begin with. They gave me almost exactly what I paid for my 2SS and gave me a decent deal on this one. The rest is history. No regrets. I love this car.
Jonas111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:55 PM   #250
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas111 View Post
My 2SS did not have the magnetic ride. My 2SS also had the 8 speed auto and my ZL1 has the 10 speed auto. Major difference on the paddle shifting.

The magnetic ride alone was the second largest reason I switched over. First being 200 more HP. The ride is noticeably better for me. The power and shifting is much better as well.

There was nothing wrong with the 2SS. Nothing at all. The ZL1 was just that much better. More power, better shifting and that magnetic ride is awesome.

To be fair - last year when I bought my 2SS there was only 1 ZL1 1LE and I didn’t like it. It’s a track car and I’m not tracking my car. So my dream car was a black ZL1 with the 10 speed auto. They got the exact car I wanted in and asked if I wanted to see it before anyone else. We don’t get many cars like this in Canada. I went down and looked at it and it’s the car I wanted to begin with. They gave me almost exactly what I paid for my 2SS and gave me a decent deal on this one. The rest is history. No regrets. I love this car.
Thanks a lot, and congrats on the ZL1, enjoy the beast

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:43 PM   #251
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

ITS HERE! Awesome. This car is BA.
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2019, 08:00 PM   #252
mcr98

Drives: 2018 camaro 2ss redline
it was easy to convince my wife , she got a z06 last year so I got mine 6 months later with no problem , the issue was when I pulled the motor out a couple days after I got it to do mods , that is what she was less than impressed about . lol
mcr98 is offline   Reply With Quote