Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-29-2018, 09:48 PM   #15
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
Nice Coop! That made me just pull up my scan files and it shows the car was reading 325-330tq. Wonder why its reading so low on the dyno?
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:59 PM   #16
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojeep95 View Post
I'm trying to control my emotions right now because I paid a lot of money for this. One positive the tuner noted is that the performance curves are smoother. Negatives are obviously, no power gains and I lose the ability to run 91 octane. No wonder I can't break into my old 0-60 times. Another thing to note is the throttle demand seems to have increased. It's like an expensive throttle re-map. Currently debating on calling them on Monday or not.
All jokes aside, I wasn't happy with my tune from them and I never bothered to contact them again but you definitely should bro, it doesn't make sense to lose power, while pumping higher octane and now your car is slower.
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:06 PM   #17
turbojeep95

One thing I'm trying to wrap my mind around is how much will you loose on a dyno with a hot day. I expected this tune to run about 290hp (about 40hp+my bolt ons). A drop from that on a hot day is to be expected but to drop that hp and more from the stock attempt seems a little much.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:11 PM   #18
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
How long between dyno runs pre tune and tuned? Was it recent? Was the weather cooler then than it is today??... because it's hot as balls right now. Doesn't even seem worth getting on a dyno this time of year. One of the reasons I haven't went back yet
StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:28 PM   #19
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
I've said it before, this GM LTG platform is an absolute nightmare. GM does not want this car ****ed with. I'm all bolted on for the most part and scared to death to pull the trigger on a tune. Who has it really figured out? Who do you trust? ZZP? Vermont? Trifecta? Hostuned? RPM?
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:39 PM   #20
turbojeep95

Quote:
Originally Posted by StPeteHyper2.0 View Post
How long between dyno runs pre tune and tuned? Was it recent? Was the weather cooler then than it is today??... because it's hot as balls right now. Doesn't even seem worth getting on a dyno this time of year. One of the reasons I haven't went back yet
I had it on the dyno about a month ago when it was about mid 80's. Will the dyno really show that much of a drop?
Old 06-29-2018, 10:45 PM   #21
turbojeep95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
I've said it before, this GM LTG platform is an absolute nightmare. GM does not want this car ****ed with. I'm all bolted on for the most part and scared to death to pull the trigger on a tune. Who has it really figured out? Who do you trust? ZZP? Vermont? Trifecta? Hostuned? RPM?
Ain't that the truth? It's hard seeing a car with soo much potential being choked out by computer programming. The guy running the dyno today has an sti with bolt ons and a stock block running high 10's. They're going to the track tonight hoping for a 10.4 run. I feel like our platform is being left behind.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:56 PM   #22
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
My tuner is producing consistent results, I'd love to hear more about Vermont timing since the use efilive and have flex fuel capabilities
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:09 PM   #23
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Can’t expect accurate results from testing stock a month before and then going in with the tune a month later. Dyno testing needs to be done same day, back to back, and even then the results aren’t perfect, but that takes a lot of the variable out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:33 PM   #24
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I've said it once and I'll say it again and again their parts are great their tuning is deplorable for the ltg camaro. Now with that said I'm not implying they don't know how to tune them they are just vastly unfriendly with results for remote tuning and even in house from a few reports. It took my tuner awhile to even get where we are and many hours and he only has just my car to use for the ltg platform.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile

Last edited by Evil-Bee-NH; 06-30-2018 at 06:51 AM.
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:13 AM   #25
Archangle

Drives: 2017 ice sliver 1LT
Note If you have an A8 trans you have to have a 2016 to have EFI live to work due to the fact at least on there website they can tune both. if you have a 17 and up EFI live will only tune the engine.. I kinda got into it with RPM Motorsports .. unless someone has better information. Also noted Hostuned might be outta business I tried emailing Ryan and no answer I hope everything it ok with him.
Archangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:20 PM   #26
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangle View Post
Note If you have an A8 trans you have to have a 2016 to have EFI live to work due to the fact at least on there website they can tune both. if you have a 17 and up EFI live will only tune the engine.. I kinda got into it with RPM Motorsports .. unless someone has better information. Also noted Hostuned might be outta business I tried emailing Ryan and no answer I hope everything it ok with him.

That is correct. As it stands today: If you have a 2017+ 8L45, your only TCM tuning option is HPT. Pull TCM, pay HPT for unlock, pay HPT again for credits to tune. If a guy wants, he can tune the PCM with EFI, and the TCM with HPT. That is my path. Seems strange, but perfectly fine, and the only choice for TCM tuning in my case.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:05 PM   #27
turbojeep95

Concluding thoughts.....

Now that I've had time to sit back and reflect on all the insight we've shed on this subject, I thought to make a quick summary of things a noob like myself took from this learning experience.

Will this tune drastically increase the performance of your car? No. In my opinion it feels like the gains from when the catless downpipe was installed.

What the heck happened with the dyno numbers? Lot of conflict on this but I think its fair to say this tune did not deliver a 40hp gain. Personally, I think the car got about 10-20hp with the tune and the atmospheric conditions dropped the gains and then another 15hp from the previous runs.

An interesting note is from a comment I received that had a lot of meaning: "Maybe zzp has it pulling timing when weather gets that much hotter. If your tuned in cooler weather and it get 10 degrees hotter remember your intake temps will be quite hot. 10 degrees is a lot. And the car could see knock."

However, regardless of how my demeanor comes off as, I am appreciative of zzp tuning the car for me as well as everyone's comments. In the future I'll try and borrow or buy another mpvi2 plug and get it back on the dyno and resolve any doubt what this tune really does. But for now my wallet needs a break and is pretty light right now. lol. Thanks for the good banter guys and happy wheeling!
Old 07-02-2018, 01:26 PM   #28
Zzsteve

Drives: 2018 2SS
Are you positive that you didnt accidentally flash the stock file on your PCM? we tune a TON of these cars, and see pretty consistent gains. both remote, and in person.

i encourage you to reach out to Matt for some insight on this, as i feel something is missing here.
Zzsteve is offline   Reply With Quote