Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-08-2017, 11:54 AM   #15
Lukemo

Drives: '17 1LT RS V6 6M NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin383 View Post
It's been flawless so far too, with exception of a rattle in the driver's door that's driving me crazy. I had them look at it when it was in for the oil change, and 4 days later they give it back with the rattle as bad or worse than it was before. Next time in they'll be putting a new door panel on it...like it or not! There's also a small rattle that sounds like it's coming from somewhere in the upper dash area, but I haven't pinned down where yet and I'm not about to let the dealer start tearing into my dash!
The door rattle is likely coming from the square plastic plugs underneath the door. Get down on your hands and knees and look up underneath the door. You'll probably find they are loose...
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=444373&page=4

Also, this may sound stupid, but I had an annoying rattle coming from the upper dash area as well, and come to find my sun visor wasn't seated in the clip all the way and the plastic pieces were knocking together... I locked it in place and the rattle went away, lol
Lukemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:42 PM   #16
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukemo View Post
The door rattle is likely coming from the square plastic plugs underneath the door. Get down on your hands and knees and look up underneath the door. You'll probably find they are loose...
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=444373&page=4

Also, this may sound stupid, but I had an annoying rattle coming from the upper dash area as well, and come to find my sun visor wasn't seated in the clip all the way and the plastic pieces were knocking together... I locked it in place and the rattle went away, lol
I have noticed the loose door plugs underneath and wondered if they could be contributing, but the rattle seems to be coming from the top of the panel behind my ear. If I put a little pressure on the upholstered portion of the center door panel it stops, but I think it's pretty ridiculous that from Friday morning to Monday night the dealership "technicians" couldn't fix it!

I'll check the sun visors, put I'm pretty sure that isn't the cause.
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:30 PM   #17
fkscreennames

Drives: 2017 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 View Post
Sounds like a definite lemon. Sorry.
There are more flawless to excellent 6th gen Camaros than there are problematic ones. We are just all car enthusiasts in here and we voice our displeasure when there are issues far more frequently than posting “my car is still fine”...lol
If it's a lemon would OP have to go to court to get it resolved or would the dealership confirm that his vehicle has a defect and give him a new one? Not sure about the laws since I'm assuming every state is different.
fkscreennames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:13 PM   #18
Lerch98

Drives: 2017 2SS black on black on black.
I have had similar problems on high mileage beaters with automatic transmissions.

Things to check;
1) correct level of ATF
2) correct type of ATF
3) contaminated ATF
4) tranny filter
5) Transmission internals (pump, seals...garbage)

IF you have contaminated ATF like with water or the incorrect ATF, then you probally need to change out the tranny fluid and filter a bunch of (4-5 or more) times

Personally, I would get a lawyer and sue GM for a Lemon and get me another car.
NO NEW CAR SHOULD HAVE THIS PROBLEM.

GM should put a new tranny in your car so you don't end up Suing for a Lemon. This is one of those times NOT to be a nice guy.
Lerch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:09 PM   #19
Wierd Harold

Drives: 2017 2lt rs
If you have water in your transmission which I doubt it will turn a creamy pink in color. That is an indicator of a leak in the cooler unless your car has been under water
Wierd Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:14 PM   #20
Lerch98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wierd Harold View Post
If you have water in your transmission which I doubt it will turn a creamy pink in color. That is an indicator of a leak in the cooler unless your car has been under water
Yes, what does your transmission fluid look (and smell) like?
Old 12-08-2017, 05:25 PM   #21
Stroked84

Drives: Nothing fun, currently.
It wouldn't shift into Park so that means it's a lemon? Is that sarcasm or is that the early signs of some major underlying problem? I'm planning on buying a Camaro next go around so I'm genuinely curious.
Stroked84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:27 PM   #22
Wierd Harold

Drives: 2017 2lt rs
No sarcasm
Wierd Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:38 PM   #23
Cameron27

Drives: 2015 2SS

Last edited by Cameron27; 06-06-2019 at 09:03 PM.
Cameron27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:06 PM   #24
Lerch98

Good luck with this new dealer. I hope they can sort your car out for you.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:01 PM   #25
Cameron27

Last edited by Cameron27; 06-06-2019 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:23 PM   #26
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I feel bad for you. It brings back memories of my 2010. What a pile of crap that was.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:49 PM   #27
gw6211

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron27 View Post
Wouldn’t shift out of park last night for a full minute. Thought it was a fluke, maybe a software glitch. I’m losing faith in this car, I thought it was a long term piece of junk, but I thought it’d be reliable day to day. It’s like a trophy girlfriend that steals my credit card.

Today, 8 minutes is what it took until it would shift out (physically, the lever). I was careful the night before to put the car into neutral, put on the parking break, release the foot break, and then shift into park.

Taking it to a different dealer. There’s this, plus the rear tail light needs repositioning, paint chip that it caused needs fixing, steering alignment needs looking at again, the transmission shifts harshly still, car thunks between park/neutral/drive/reverse. That and my right side door is rattling more while I drive, and my fans are hissing very lightly. Oh and my exhaust pipes get black quicker than usual now. Oh, and my issue with the car losing throttle power after a redline shift from 1 to 2 (but I don’t want a tech doing this in my car).

Temperatures are feeezing in the morning now. Likely that water is in my transmission where it shouldn’t be?

Regretting this purchase so much. Third party tech looks at the car tomorrow, and dealership takes my car in Monday.
let me know when you find a perfect car....
gw6211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:27 PM   #28
Cameron27

Last edited by Cameron27; 06-06-2019 at 09:02 PM.