Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 09:22 AM   #15
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
They are not that cruel. You are going to have to wait 18 months for a 'vert anyways and I figure we will here something by then.
I was being a little sarcastic... truthfully what GM is doing is normal for them, Bringing out the most sellable cars and bringing the "Balls to the wall" car out later because they know it will not be a car to sell in high numbers mainly because of price. (gotta satisfy the beancounters first that the car is a success)
Old 07-25-2008, 09:24 AM   #16
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Sigh. This is getting to be our new "Those are not the real headlights" thing. The misquoting of the CP interview has gotten to all the hack "journalists" who just want to shoot the Camaro down and don't bother verifying anything. You think they could suffer a quick call to Cheryl but nope, that might prove their source wrong and they can't have that.

[headdesk]

To paraphrase Scott - The Z28 is a classic, hallowed name. It won't be used on any Camaro that doesn't deserve it. Its not coming just right now, but that's not to say it won't come. GM doesn't want to talk about until their ready, and who can blame them for keeping their cards close to their chest?

Maybe the Z28 will be a high horse top dog. Maybe it will be a highly modified but balanced track killer. Who knows? But whatever the case, remember most cars don't have special editions out at launch. Think of the proposed BMW 135 tii. Have patience.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
Old 07-25-2008, 09:34 AM   #17
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
GM may be revving up to unveil a "super camaro" at the Indy show this September... Being completely honest, 422hp is kind of on the low end when you compare to the Challenger and GT500. Naa, GM's got something up their sleeves; they wanna' race- for sure.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:41 AM   #18
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
GM may be revving up to unveil a "super camaro" at the Indy show this September... Being completely honest, 422hp is kind of on the low end when you compare to the Challenger and GT500. Naa, GM's got something up their sleeves; they wanna' race- for sure.

Maybe someone should come up with a smilie like the headlight smilie. I'd sport it!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-25-2008, 09:47 AM   #19
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
See that is what GM is doing, Not telling you for sure that the Z/28 is coming and when, so you WILL go out and buy an SS, then after you do they pop the news that the Z/28 is coming next year, then you trade your SS for a Z/28 and they have then sold 2 cars instead of one...
Actually, even if it's gonna piss off a lot of people, not knowing won't make me buy the car.

First because I'll have to import the car in europe and buying, importing,riding, trading, importing would just mean not eating for a while ...

Second because if I had to buy something in the meantime, I may go on a used GT500.

Third, maybe I'd be pissed of waiting and would start to hate that car.

I don't ask for a lot, just saying us there "might be something late 2009, or 2010 or 2011" ...

As you say "GM is interested in not telling the truth you to make people buy more cars". This is assuming we agree to be taken as an idiot customer who should pay and stop asking questions.

I don't like to feel like that.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:50 AM   #20
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
If they do, I'll look like an @**hole for complaining like I did on this forum.

Please Mr Chevy, make me look like an @**hole ... I WANT TO BE AN @**hole!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:51 AM   #21
BitchinCamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
I don't ask for a lot, just saying us there "might be something late 2009, or 2010 or 2011" ...
I feel like that is what we have here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
It was a misquote.

Let me make a few comments:

We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.

We don't talk about future products -- but what makes you think we haven't been doing work on something?????

I can't say more than that......other than:

"KEEP THE FAITH" --

I can't lie to you guys -- because if I do, I will have zero credibility......and I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon -- you're stuck with my ugly mug.
Its the same thing as why they didn't give us details on the SS a year ago. No auto manufacturer talks about stuff they haven't announced yet.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:01 AM   #22
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
If they do, I'll look like an @**hole for complaining like I did on this forum.

Please Mr Chevy, make me look like an @**hole ... I WANT TO BE AN @**hole!
I'll call you one if it will make you feel better

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-25-2008, 10:04 AM   #23
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchinCamaro View Post
I feel like that is what we have here:
Its the same thing as why they didn't give us details on the SS a year ago. No auto manufacturer talks about stuff they haven't announced yet.
Perhaps we could encourage the Mods' to take all of 'Father's comments and put them in a sticky so that we can referrence them easier, LOL. Maybe I'll just add a choice one to my sig' just to remind myself.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-25-2008, 10:06 AM   #24
ChevyMSU35

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3 Red Rock Metallic
Quote:
Fbod can tell us "keep the faith, keep the faith keep the faith" ... it gets harder and harder to keep the faith ...
Shouldn't it be easier than ever to "keep the faith"? Has ANYTHING fbodfather said in this forum turned out to be false? I don't see how anyone can have anything other than the utmost faith in the guy and everyone else at GM right now.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:06 AM   #25
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Perhaps we could encourage the Mods' to take all of 'Father's comments and put them in a sticky so that we can referrence them easier, LOL. Maybe I'll just add a choice one to my sig' just to remind myself.
Especially the Z/28 post. That should replace the pics at the top of the webpage!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #26
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyMSU35 View Post
Shouldn't it be easier than ever to "keep the faith"? Has ANYTHING fbodfather said in this forum turned out to be false? I don't see how anyone can have anything other than the utmost faith in the guy and everyone else at GM right now.
This comment can snap me back into reality probably everytime I start to stray. This is a great post, IMHO, and I hope I can keep this in mind.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #27
radz28
Petro-sexual

Ah... that's better. (ChevyMSU35) Check my sig'.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-25-2008, 10:15 AM   #28
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
How do you like my new sig?

Closed Thread