Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-17-2024, 08:06 PM   #1
jfkheat
jfkheat

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue ZL1
My 2024 2SS left today

Sorry for the long read.

Since I bought the ZL1 I have been trying to sell my 2024 2SS but haven't had any interest. I decided I would check into trading it in on a new truck. I have a 2022 Chevy ZL1 LTZ and figured I would upgrade to a High Country. There was one color that I really wanted, Radiant Red but I also looked at a couple Lakeshore Blue ones. My search was mostly on Chevrolet.com. I found that there aren't many Radiant Red ones near me that I would want and the ones that I liked were priced high. Dealers are finally starting to discount vehicles like they did before covid. I expanded my search to a 500 mile radius and found some that I was interested in. I talked with a few dealerships about trading in the Camaro. They were all fairly close on what they offered with $45k being the average. Most that I checked on were discounting the trucks $8,000 or so but added $2500-3000 in dealer ad ons. I found a truck I liked in Georgia, about 270 miles from me. We talked a couple times. They sent me their price with my Camaro as a trade in. The price was pretty good but since I like to negotiate I wanted it to be lower. They wouldn't come off any more. I had already found another one that I liked in Kentucky, about 460 miles from me, so I called about it. The MSRP on it was about $2400 more than the Georgia truck. They sent me their price. I countered with a price that I knew they wouldn't take. They dropped their price by $1889 more. This put their price at $23 less than the Georgia truck. I accepted the deal. My Camaro only had 579 miles on it so asked if me driving it 460 miles to them would change anything about the offer. They told that their price included them sending a driver to me with the truck and he would drive the Camaro back to Kentucky. All this happened late Thursday afternoon. At 8:35 this morning the driver delivered my new truck and took the Camaro back to Kentucky. I didn't get as much for the Camaro as I would have liked but with the discount on the truck I felt like it was a fairly good deal. The same truck at a dealership near me would have been $5000 more. Now I will sell my 2022 Z71. It should be easier to sell than the Camaro.
jfkheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 05:13 PM   #2
nikerret

Drives: 2014 Ford F-350
I’m surprised the Camaro was so hard to sell.
1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate
nikerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 09:00 AM   #3
Whoomba

Drives: 2024 Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
I think it’s the financing. Nobody pays cash.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 09:08 AM   #4
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Hopefully that's a feeling of relief to have sent it down the road. Stick with a vehicle for a while. I can only imagine how much you lost on a brand new 2SS Camaro if they gave you less than 45k for it, and now also dumping a basically brand new pickup.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 10:10 AM   #5
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikerret View Post
I’m surprised the Camaro was so hard to sell.
The market is bone dry and values on trade are incredibly low right now. There’s actually plenty of new 2024’s discounted sitting on lots right now. Seems like everyone who wanted a Camaro actually did wind up getting them. Not many people want these cars contrary to what we read on these forums.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 11:12 AM   #6
jfkheat
jfkheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoomba View Post
I think it’s the financing. Nobody pays cash.
There was no financing involved with either vehicle
Old 02-19-2024, 11:17 AM   #7
jfkheat
jfkheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Hopefully that's a feeling of relief to have sent it down the road. Stick with a vehicle for a while. I can only imagine how much you lost on a brand new 2SS Camaro if they gave you less than 45k for it, and now also dumping a basically brand new pickup.
I got more than $45k for it but I still lost a good bit. The big discount on the new truck made me feel a little better about the deal. The truck would have cost me at least $5000 more at a dealer within 150 to 200 miles of me. Free delivery helped too.
Old 02-19-2024, 12:03 PM   #8
alexTop

Drives: 2023 1LT Convertible
It's all supply/demand on the Silverado in your local area. If one dealer can discount $5k AND send a driver on a 900 mile round trip to deliver to you then imagine the markup dealers in your area are making cause that Kentucky dealer won't be getting any recurring revenue from you (ie. service) and they sure wouldn't be selling that at a loss. But if people in your area are willing to pay that much for a Silverado then dealers near you sure won't be selling it for less.
alexTop is offline   Reply With Quote