Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-12-2022, 01:34 PM   #1
Punisher2050

Drives: Chevrolet 2018 Camaro 2ss
Splitter attachable Wing Broken

Anyone know if there are replaceable wings for the front splitter ?

Bought the EOS brand, checked their web site and didn't see anything plus searched the internet couldn't find any replacement wings

God, hoping I don't have to buy whole new splitter
Attached Images

Punisher2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 01:57 PM   #2
zxspeedspec
Banned

Drives: Faster than yours
EOS is one step above cardboard. Just custom cut your next Amazon box into the shape that broke off, epoxy on, and spray paint.

Or you could try calling them and see if they'll sell you just a single piece.
zxspeedspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 02:02 PM   #3
Punisher2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxspeedspec View Post
EOS is one step above cardboard. Just custom cut your next Amazon box into the shape that broke off, epoxy on, and spray paint.

I don't agree and many many camaro owners are buy their products. I see nothing wrong with what I bought just appears it was hit when the wheels where installed by the shop but can't prove it.
Old 02-13-2022, 10:33 AM   #4
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher2050 View Post
I don't agree and many many camaro owners are buy their products. I see nothing wrong with what I bought just appears it was hit when the wheels where installed by the shop but can't prove it.
The biggest issue with EOS is that it's essentially impossible to know what you're buying until it's in your hands. They sell the same thing under multiple part numbers and use common descriptions across their entire line making it almost impossible to chase down parts like this. Even when you talk to the vendor, you won't get a straight answer.

Your best bet might be to go back and find your order and either "start there" in locating parts or possibly just buy another complete splitter and use the parts you need.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 10:35 AM   #5
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:

I have a splitter and side skirts from them on my car. Every review I read about the skirts complained about fit issues yet mine went on without a problem. Their marketing is absolute garbage and that makes it almost impossible to ensure that what you're buying will fit your car correctly.
Old 02-13-2022, 12:17 PM   #6
zxspeedspec
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
I have a splitter and side skirts from them on my car. Every review I read about the skirts complained about fit issues yet mine went on without a problem. Their marketing is absolute garbage and that makes it almost impossible to ensure that what you're buying will fit your car correctly.
"Carbon" fiber side skirts should not be hollow shells with a thin layer of questionable "carbon" fiber on the outer layer. It's cheap garbage that pretends to do what the real part is supposed to.

The "carbon" fiber front splitter I got was even worse somehow. It's just the top. There's no bottom to it. It was also the flimsiest piece of garbage. If all you want are the looks, it's good enough from 15 feet away, but the front splitter I got were so thin there's no way it was functional and it doesn't extend anywhere under the car so all it creates is more dirty air and possibly lift.

People who claim to like EOS are the same that have never touched a real $2000 front splitter and see how it's supposed to look/feel/perform.
Old 02-13-2022, 03:22 PM   #7
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
"Carbon" fiber side skirts should not be hollow shells with a thin layer of questionable "carbon" fiber on the outer layer. It's cheap garbage that pretends to do what the real part is supposed to.

The "carbon" fiber front splitter I got was even worse somehow. It's just the top. There's no bottom to it. It was also the flimsiest piece of garbage. If all you want are the looks, it's good enough from 15 feet away, but the front splitter I got were so thin there's no way it was functional and it doesn't extend anywhere under the car so all it creates is more dirty air and possibly lift.

People who claim to like EOS are the same that have never touched a real $2000 front splitter and see how it's supposed to look/feel/perform.
I don't know what you bought, or what you THNK you bought, but the word "carbon" was never mentioned in the kit I bought. All of the pieces are ABS and the splitter is pretty solid overall. The skirts are not solid, but none are.

As I mentioned - their marketing is absolute garbage and it's almost impossible to know what you're buying until it's in your hands. I did a LOT of looking around, research, reading of reviews, etc. and then I reached out to the EOS seller to get details from them that I could use as reference to return it all if what came wasn't what they told me.
Old 02-14-2022, 09:40 AM   #8
zxspeedspec
Banned

There's a huge difference between how shitty flimsy their side skirts are and real side skirts from C7 Carbon or OEM. Compare their trash to OEM or quality parts and you'll see the difference. Side skirts should not flex once mounted to the touch.
Old 02-14-2022, 10:06 AM   #9
Punisher2050

Quote:
There's a huge difference between how shitty flimsy their side skirts are and real side skirts from C7 Carbon or OEM. Compare their trash to OEM or quality parts and you'll see the difference. Side skirts should not flex once mounted to the touch.

I have the EOS side skirts and they are fine - does require proper install and not seeing any "flimsy" issues.

My issue is not related to your complaints and is damage from tire installer so just looking for winglet replacements, tried online and didnt find any site to have them. Planning to call EOS this morning when they open.
Old 02-14-2022, 10:10 AM   #10
Punisher2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
I don't know what you bought, or what you THNK you bought, but the word "carbon" was never mentioned in the kit I bought. All of the pieces are ABS and the splitter is pretty solid overall. The skirts are not solid, but none are.

As I mentioned - their marketing is absolute garbage and it's almost impossible to know what you're buying until it's in your hands. I did a LOT of looking around, research, reading of reviews, etc. and then I reached out to the EOS seller to get details from them that I could use as reference to return it all if what came wasn't what they told me.
I dont have the Carbon Fiber and mine is Glossy Black. The whole kits is nice and of course I'm not spending $$$ thousands of dollars either. If it does get damage they are replaceable at a marginal price vs $1200 for splitter
Old 02-14-2022, 03:43 PM   #11
Firecaptain

Drives: '22 Summit White ZL1 A10
Man they look so much like the OEM ZL1 1LE front wing winglet...
Could it be?

23329728 Deflector Pkg - Front Spoiler winglets
23329729 Deflector Pkg - Front Spoiler winglets
Attached Images

2020 GT350 Heritage Edition-Chassis L0350
2019 ZL1 Summit White M6
2018 Hellcat White Knuckle M6
2016 Hellcat GoMango A8
2002 Dodge Viper Viper Red
2002 Corvette Z06 Millennium Yellow
1998 Dodge Viper Viper Silver Metallic
Firecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 03:54 PM   #12
Punisher2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecaptain View Post
Man they look so much like the OEM ZL1 1LE front wing winglet...
Could it be?

23329728 Deflector Pkg - Front Spoiler winglets
23329729 Deflector Pkg - Front Spoiler winglets
That is is thank you for the info and wonder if it will fit the EOS version or if they are the same ?

Pic of what I bought
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2022, 07:47 AM   #13
Haese1

Drives: 2018 2SS
Received my EOS carbon fiber splitter yesterday. Unpackaged it and inspected it. Haven't had a chance to check fitment on the car yet. Initial observation: Both ember1205 "splitter is pretty solid overall" and zxspeedspec " It's just the top. There's no bottom to it." are correct. I'm not an expert on carbon fiber but it's definitely on the thin side. If I were going to track my car, this is not the splitter I would want. However, from an appearance standpoint, it looks great and it will serve my purposes. Aesthetically, it adds exactly what I want to the car at a reasonable price. No doubt there are both better and worse options but in this case, you get what you pay for.
Haese1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 08:02 AM   #14
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haese1 View Post
Received my EOS carbon fiber splitter yesterday. Unpackaged it and inspected it. Haven't had a chance to check fitment on the car yet. Initial observation: Both ember1205 "splitter is pretty solid overall" and zxspeedspec " It's just the top. There's no bottom to it." are correct. I'm not an expert on carbon fiber but it's definitely on the thin side. If I were going to track my car, this is not the splitter I would want. However, from an appearance standpoint, it looks great and it will serve my purposes. Aesthetically, it adds exactly what I want to the car at a reasonable price. No doubt there are both better and worse options but in this case, you get what you pay for.
I can't speak for whatever the item is that they're marketing as "carbon fiber" as mine is the most basic ABS one. It is not hollow underneath and is quite stout overall.

If you're planning to track your car, you want a REALLY solid splitter and/or will want the support braces added to ensure that the splitter doesn't fold under at high speed. The intent of that item for the track is create significant front downforce - at extremely high speed, it's going to be susceptible to bending under / tearing off if all that's holding it is adhesive between the bottom of the front fascia and the middle of the splitter.