Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-25-2020, 01:21 PM   #1
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
500+ ft lbs possible on a SBE LS3?

Planning on changing the heads and cam on my 1le and doing some research. Since discussion on the forum is dwindling figured I would put this out there for the experts. I have researched on other forums and have not found the exact info I am looking for. I want something unique and don't want to go FI. Might do a stroker later on. I realize it will be expensive. I will be going to an LLSR and it is not a daily driver, more of a road race/freeway bonsai runner application. Basically I want a low rpm torque monster that will pull to 7k. Yep I want all the cake!

My knowledge is very limited and way behind the curve. Here is some of the questions;

What heads; TFS, AFR, MAST, etc? I was thinking going ported cathedral to maintain velocity to keep the torque down low and the motor more responsive. Also looked at the SB LS7's.

Compression? I have access to run 93 but could go E85.

Intake manifold? I would do the Rod Mod if staying LS3. But if I go cathedral, which one?

Like I said, I realize this is going to be expensive/not necessarily cost effective. Any help/info/opinions much appreciated, thanks!
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:26 PM   #2
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
IMHO you aren't going to get 500 foot pounds of torque at the rear wheels easy or cheap that is street able to pass emissions with a NA 376 ci LS3 . Your best bet for low end monster torque is a supercharger. Best bet is to figure what the cost is first and then decide how fast you can afford to go . If you look at what GM has done to make big power , you will see the benefits of a supercharger.

Last edited by GONIF; 03-25-2020 at 03:37 PM.
GONIF is offline   Reply With Quote