Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-01-2017, 11:51 PM   #1
2015 Camaro Ss 1le

Drives: 2015 camaro ss 1le
Post 2015 camaro ss 1le tires,balance,alignment suggestions

Hi All,
It is about to time to get new tires after 2 years. Goodyear did good job for approximately 22k miles. I need a suggestion which tires should I choose from Goodyear, Michelin Pilot super sport or continental extereme contact sport. I am daily driver and I don't take my car to tracks or drag race so I need tires with good lifetime and good performance. And I also need suggestions from where I should mount new tires and balance it. I am checking local Atlanta dealers most of them have bad review about service or they been scratching wheels. Should I choose Chevy dealer,discount tires , pep boys or any other suggestions? And also do I need to do alignment after new tires installed?Thanks
2015 Camaro Ss 1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 04:58 AM   #2
oldman14ss

Drives: 2014 1ss camaro
I ran yokohama s-drives daily driver on my 02 for years and they were great in the rain. you're in ga. so snow would be a rare issue.
oldman14ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:19 AM   #3
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
The Michelin Pilot 4S is out and it was designed to replace the Pilot Super Sport as their king of the hill Max Perf tire. Lots of reviews and test articles out there. Tire Rack has a comparison. The P4S does about everything better than the PSS. It seems like the top of the line for a daily driver street tire.

If I go with stock SS RS sizes, I'm probably going with the Continental Ex Contact Sport, since the Michelins apparently aren't available in my sizes.

Tags
alignment, balance, tires