Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-04-2017, 12:58 PM   #1
race24x

Drives: 80 Z28 - 93 Z28 - 14 Camaro SS-RS
Scumbag loser worthless people, hit my door

I hate people. I get shit for parking my car way out in the furthest part of a parking lot and parking crooked so the scum cant open their doors into it and I dont even have the temp plates off of it and they already got the drivers door. Are the doors on these cars metal or plastic. I friggin hate people. I really do. I love my car and I cant drive it anywhere because of the scum of the earth.
race24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:07 PM   #2
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Maybe because you park it crooked.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:09 PM   #3
race24x

Drives: 80 Z28 - 93 Z28 - 14 Camaro SS-RS
Oh no in this case I was parked normal because there was a normal spot. When I park crooked they cant reach the side.
race24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:14 PM   #4
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Yeah, its going to happen. Sorry to read this. I know because I also love my ride and I know how I would feel too... how bad's the damage? Did they break through the paint? The doors are metal (aluminum or steel, not sure). If the damage isn't major, you might try paintless dent repair. Post some pics up for some additional feedback if you need it.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:44 PM   #5
ARCTIC

Drives: 2017 1SS convertible
It's a shame for what vehicles cost and how little regard people have for others' property.
Last fall my Diesel truck got dinged so badly on the passenger side that they went right through the paint in 2 places the size of a dime. I damn near cried. I'm handicapped so I always park in nice wide accessible spots and it had to be intentional damage. There's no doubt.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:49 PM   #6
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
"I friggin hate people." Will we be seeing you too on the 6'O clock news? "Man's door gets dinged, 35 dead and 17 wounded...developing"
Old 05-04-2017, 01:56 PM   #7
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
I always park way out so I'm not taking some ones closer spot and take up two spots. People do dumb shit all the time and if they don't like how I park or have something to say about it I'm up for anything anytime.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:58 PM   #8
Beardface

Drives: '11 topless 2LT RS & '05 Altima SER
Brags about parking like a jackass, then complains when karma smacks him a new one.

Gotta love C5
Old 05-04-2017, 02:00 PM   #9
rm1023

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
The same thing happened to me. The second day after purchasing the car, I got two nice door dings on the passenger side door. I found a good paintless dent removal company that provides onsite service and they were able to fix them so that you can't even tell that it happened.

2018 Camaro 2SS Mods - None yet
rm1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:00 PM   #10
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
Shortly after I bought my Camaro I would park at work, at least 3 slots from any other car, just for a "buffer" so to speak. One of my co-workers, whom I used to like, purposely parked her car right next to mine, with two of those slots I'd left, closer to the building, open. Why? So, I started parking in the farthest slot away from the building I could. Only time anyone parked next to me after that was if the lot filled up. I always cringed when it did. Now, I park across the street in a lot where the slot I park my car in no one can park to either side of it.

I'm with the OP. It's quite possible I would be one of the "perps" in that developing story Mojo portrays.

Some folks are like cats and just don't want others to have nice things.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:05 PM   #11
partlowr

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Door dings are the worst. I am so damn anal about them. I always attempt to park at a front spot or next to a handicap spot or any spot without a spot next to it, right there you reduce your chance of a ding by 50%. I even pay attention to the wind, always park with your nose into the wind that way if some moron parks next to you and opens their door without a good grip the wind will only push their door closed it wont allow it to be blown into your car. At the end of the day no matter how hard you try sooner or later you're going to get a ding.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:11 PM   #12
frenchsquared

Drives: 15 Z28, 01 Corvette, 96 Corvette
I always park in the farthest corner. I never take two because then some idiot in a 4x4 will park on top of you. Then, I would end up in jail for killing the idiot in the 4x4. I promise I would put that guy in the hospital for purposely damaging my car.

Over the years of nice cars it has become habit. Friends like to laugh, but I don't have any door dents. I just naturally park as far away and in the safest spot. My wife is learning, but she often parks to close and gets a dent now and then.

I actually wont take a job where I had to park in a public lot. Thankfully, I work from home. When I didn't I was typically the manager and I would section off part of the parking lot just for my car. 20 years ago I was an assistant manager at a pizza hut. I park in a seating area in front of the store. It was not part of the lot so no one else ever tried to park next to me.

Humans just suck and have no concept of what a car means to some people.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:25 PM   #13
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
For people who want to minimize door dings, you can't use the Camaro as a Daily Driver. It's as simple as that. Drive it to work?? lol. Of course, sooner or later, your going to come out and "boom," there's a nice mark on your car. And good luck catching the person that did it. They are long gone. More than likely moved their car as soon as they realized they just plowed into your door with their door. For people, like me, that want to keep it as perfect as can be, you need to keep it covered at home in a garage until you're ready to drive it for fun. If you take it to the shopping mall, grocery store or WORK, sooner or later it's getting kissed, even if you park way off in the distance. I once saw an out-of-control shopping cart rolling downhill towards a car that had parked "way out" of the way. The shopping cart hit that car so hard it bounced in the air going backwards. There was no time to catch it and I'm sure it left a mark for the ages.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:29 PM   #14
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
To make matters even worse, a lot of the parking lots around here are built on a slope or a gradual angle. Then, when the next guy or gal opens their door next to you, it will hit your door due to gravity unless they hold it when they get out. I always try to park far away and in places where side by side parking is difficult or not allowed.

I have found timing is a factor as well. The longer you stay at a place when you park increases your chances of something happening. So, when I have to go somewhere like the store or the mall, I'm in and out pretty quick. On my old truck, I followed these practices like a religion and never had a single dent/ding in the 10 years I owned it.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote