Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-30-2017, 11:29 PM   #1
Parts Peddler

Drives: 2014 1LT/RS
Service Air Bag won't go off

Yesterday morning, a jug of Dexcool leaked on my passenger seat. I didn't notice it until yesterday afternoon. I'm not sure how much leaked, but it doesn't look like a lot. Just enough to discolor the whole seat bottom. I was alone in the car. No passenger, while driving, the passenger airbag light displayed "off", but the seatbelt light was on and dinging now and then. On my way home, I picked up some Tuff Stuff foaming cleaner and sprayed the entire seat bottom, let it sit for a few minutes, then vacuumed it clean. I repeated this procedure 4 times. When I started the car, the seatbelt light was off, but now the DIC said "Service Airbag", and the airbag light was on. In an attempt to reset it, I disconnected the battery for about an hour. "Service Airbag" still on the DIC. I turned the engine off and got into the passenger seat, and started the car. The passenger airbag light said "on", and the light went on and off as I buckled and unbuckled the seat belt. The "Service Airbag" was off on the DIC, as was the airbag light. I shut the car off and got back into the driver's seat and "Service Airbag" and its light were back on. It seems that the sensor in the seat is working. How can I get the "Service Airbag" and light to go off.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Parts Peddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:29 AM   #2
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Your passenger presence system is probably toast now. Any moisture in them generally wrecks them. Give it some time and see if it dries out a bit more. If the light is on for more than a week you will need a new sensor.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:00 PM   #3
Parts Peddler

Drives: 2014 1LT/RS
Just in case anyone is interested.
I pulled the sensor out of the seat bottom and dried all layers of it thoroughly. Reinstalled it, and everything works perfectly.
I was lucky!
Parts Peddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 03:15 AM   #4
TLewis24

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parts Peddler View Post
Just in case anyone is interested.
I pulled the sensor out of the seat bottom and dried all layers of it thoroughly. Reinstalled it, and everything works perfectly.
I was lucky!
Do you have any instructions or guide to the PPS? I need to fix mine.. but not 100% on where or how to get to it on the seat.
TLewis24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
airbag, seat belt, srs