Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-02-2017, 10:24 PM   #1
FringBirdAloha

Drives: Pre-production ZL1 M6
Can Amber LED's be installed in the rear like Corvette?

I want to give my Camaro SS the full LED treatment. One thing I always liked was the Corvette's amber rear turn signals. Can this be accomplished with LED bulbs?

Any makers or recommendations?
FringBirdAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:45 PM   #2
BamBam2SS

Drives: 2017 2SS/M6 W/MRC & NPP
I think the rear turn signals are already LED... Or are you talking about replacing those LED's with amber?.
BamBam2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:53 PM   #3
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I believe there's a few countries in Europe that require amber turn signals not the typical red American versions i'd check with a dealer in one of those said countries and see if they can order it for you. Though not entirely legal in the states it's not entirely illegal either.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:49 PM   #4
TransAmx2

Drives: '98 Pontiac Trans Am
I believe the European tail light standard is 3 red brake lights and 2 amber turn signals, because the 2016+ Camaros use the same lens for both the brake and turn they might have to get creative to meet European inspection. Switch back LEDS (Turn from red to amber) might be an option for Europe and you if that's the look you are going for. Another option might be to convert the existing back up bulb lens to an amber turn signal and mount new back up lights by the license plate.

I don't think you want to mess with permanently changing your brake bulbs to amber, I'm sure you'll get in trouble for that eventually, even if the police don't harass you. All it would take is one idiot with a decent lawyer to rear-end you and now your at fault, at least partially.
2007 Z51 Corvette M6 (Salvage Project Car)
1987 Trans Am 350tpi A4 RIP
TransAmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:52 PM   #5
tecmec

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAmx2 View Post
I believe the European tail light standard is 3 red brake lights and 2 amber turn signals, because the 2016+ Camaros use the same lens for both the brake and turn they might have to get creative to meet European inspection. Switch back LEDS (Turn from red to amber) might be an option for Europe and you if that's the look you are going for. Another option might be to convert the existing back up bulb lens to an amber turn signal and mount new back up lights by the license plate.

I don't think you want to mess with permanently changing your brake bulbs to amber, I'm sure you'll get in trouble for that eventually, even if the police don't harass you. All it would take is one idiot with a decent lawyer to rear-end you and now your at fault, at least partially.
In Europe they use amber LEDs in place of the reverse lights, and they put the reverse light in the center of the bumper.

(Only the reverse light is visible in this pic, you'll have to take my word on the turn signals)
tecmec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 03:20 AM   #6
BamBam2SS

Drives: 2017 2SS/M6 W/MRC & NPP
Did not know that, That's a happy little reverse light
BamBam2SS is offline   Reply With Quote