Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-27-2017, 05:47 AM   #1
Parker3

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
How loud??

Just want peoples opinions on how loud this set up would be. Right now I have long tubes, but a cam and muffler delete aren't far behind. So how loud would LTH's, a cam and muffler delete be?? Any feedback is appreciated
Parker3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 06:14 AM   #2
BeastMode

Drives: 2011 SGM 1SS/RS M6
Do you still have cats? In any case, this would be quite loud, especially without cats. Loud enough to definitely draw attention, and also loud enough that I personally wouldnt want to drive it every day ha. Post up some sound clips when you do it.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:17 AM   #3
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Im currently rolling Long tubes, No cats, x-pipe and muffler delete. Its pretty vicious. Cold starts are brutal. just cruising along isn't that loud IMO. Wide open at high RPMs is unholy loud. I do have a lot of popping on deceleration but I actually like it. Any questions, let me know. hope this helps.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:15 AM   #4
Gayton81

Drives: 2012 2SSRS
I have the same set up as Arogg but have a cam as well. Agree with his post. Cold starts and WOT are loud beyond belief. Just cruising it is calm, mellow, with a nice tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2017, 08:17 AM   #5
Parker3

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode View Post
Do you still have cats? In any case, this would be quite loud, especially without cats. Loud enough to definitely draw attention, and also loud enough that I personally wouldnt want to drive it every day ha. Post up some sound clips when you do it.
Yea I have hi flow cats, and I wouldn't care lol if it's the way I like it than people can hate. Besides neighbors already hate me starting my car when I go to work at night
Parker3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:20 AM   #6
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
You've already removed the most restrictive part of the exhaust (the stock cats). The cam won't necessarily make it louder. It will provide you with a nice lope, depending on how aggressive you go. As far as removing the stock mufflers, it's questionable. When I did my exhaust, I removed the stock mufflers first and replaced them with FlowMaster (loud). The next year, I added the high-flow cats (louder). This past year, I added headers (same volume, just a better sound). The HF cats were the difference maker when it came to sound. Delete the mufflers and let us know.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:30 AM   #7
deweyg63

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 500+ h.p. monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
Im currently rolling Long tubes, No cats, x-pipe and muffler delete. Its pretty vicious. Cold starts are brutal. just cruising along isn't that loud IMO. Wide open at high RPMs is unholy loud. I do have a lot of popping on deceleration but I actually like it. Any questions, let me know. hope this helps.
Same set up for me. Only loud when you want it to be. No drone at highway speed.
deweyg63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 07:03 PM   #8
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Cam would be cool but I am not sure I could live with it with all that I have done to my Camaro already, it is reasonably loud now but livable!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:13 PM   #9
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Straight piped here, it's pretty loud, I would add cats/mufflers if I went with a cam setup