Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-14-2016, 03:24 AM   #1
Teem0s42

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
Sto n SHo License plate question

I recently installed a Street scene splitter for my 2017 Camaro ss... It looks great but I was wondering if the Sto n Sho w/GM splitter would fit with my Street scene splitter?

I currently have the NON GM splitter version of the Sto n go thats still in box =/... will probably end up trying to trade or sell it.

http://www.phastekperformance.com/ST...nse-sns89a.htm
Teem0s42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:54 AM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i have the zl1 addons front plate holder and it works great not sure about this one tho
Old 10-14-2016, 11:07 AM   #3
JustShootMe

Drives: 3015 300s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teem0s42 View Post
I recently installed a Street scene splitter for my 2017 Camaro ss... It looks great but I was wondering if the Sto n Sho w/GM splitter would fit with my Street scene splitter?

I currently have the NON GM splitter version of the Sto n go thats still in box =/... will probably end up trying to trade or sell it.

http://www.phastekperformance.com/ST...nse-sns89a.htm
It may fit , I have one installed on the GM splitter , I can't imagine the other splitter is much longer in the front.
Old 10-15-2016, 04:18 AM   #4
Teem0s42

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
zl1 front plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
i have the zl1 addons front plate holder and it works great not sure about this one tho
can you link me a picture
Teem0s42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:17 PM   #5
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
https://www.zl1addons.com/
Old 03-30-2018, 04:35 PM   #6
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Did we ever confirm if the sto n sho is compatible with the street scene splitter? I have the #SNS89A (sto n sho for the GM splitter) and am wondering if it will work with the Street Scene splitter... does anyone have this set up... curious if it works or not.
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:56 AM   #7
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
I belive there are two different lengths. You are going to need the version that is compatible with all front fascia extensions.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:52 PM   #8
Msokeefe

Drives: 2018 1SS
How durable is the stonsho for daily use? Just being screwed into plastic doesn’t seem like a rugged set up.
Msokeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:36 AM   #9
gdgraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
I belive there are two different lengths. You are going to need the version that is compatible with all front fascia extensions.
Yeah, there's a #SNS89 for stock bumper and #SNS89A for the GM fascia. The GM fascia is different than other splitters, it has two large indents which need spacers, I'm not sure that other aftermarket splitters have that, and also not sure on the length from where you bolt the sto n sho to the tip of the splitter is the same, so I'm curious if anyone has had success with the sto n sho fitting on the Street Scene splitter or American Authority splitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msokeefe View Post
How durable is the stonsho for daily use? Just being screwed into plastic doesn’t seem like a rugged set up.
I've had the #SNS89A on my GM splitter for almost 2 years and it has held up very well under high speeds and the occasional scrape here and there. My splitter got cracked so I need to get a new one, but the sto n sho is perfectly intact.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:57 AM   #10
jaysonstuart

I have a front splitter on mine and the one you linked works. In fact I think I purchased that exact one from Phastek.
Attached Images

jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 01:28 PM   #11
Msokeefe

Drives: 2018 1SS
Thanks for the response to my question gdgraph.
Msokeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:43 AM   #12
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgraph View Post
Did we ever confirm if the sto n sho is compatible with the street scene splitter? I have the #SNS89A (sto n sho for the GM splitter) and am wondering if it will work with the Street Scene splitter... does anyone have this set up... curious if it works or not.
I confirmed it with user camarography on Instagram. I asked if it required any modification to mount it with the Street Scene splitter, and he said, "I mounted it the same. There is a little more resistance because the lip of the splitter seems to dip slightly so the plate rails slide in and out at a very slight angle." Here is his post where I asked about it - https://www.instagram.com/p/Baz1c4AhzTl/?tagged=stonsho.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:55 AM   #13
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msokeefe View Post

It’s not just screwed into plastic. It mounts into the same metal support that secures the front fascia.

I use mine daily. I never take it off, except to wash the car, and I’ve not had a single issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:35 AM   #14
gdgraph

Thanks for digging that up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
I confirmed it with user camarography on Instagram. I asked if it required any modification to mount it with the Street Scene splitter, and he said, "I mounted it the same. There is a little more resistance because the lip of the splitter seems to dip slightly so the plate rails slide in and out at a very slight angle." Here is his post where I asked about it - https://www.instagram.com/p/Baz1c4AhzTl/?tagged=stonsho.