The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-26-2016, 08:06 PM   #1
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
"Good luck, Honda"

"Good luck, Honda"

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...gt3-acura-nsx/
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:10 PM   #2
peter123wallace

Drives: Camaro SS 2010
Hahaha. Porsche are good at trolling
peter123wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:22 PM   #3
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Every car company does this....doesnt matter if its an entry level civic....or the nsx.......people want to know about the competition and there is no better way then tearing down and beating on their product.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:42 PM   #4
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
so porsche and mclaren are looking at black box data when cars go in for any service?
Old 07-27-2016, 09:27 AM   #5
GrandAmGT

Drives: 2010 1LT & 2016 Cadillac CTS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
so porsche and mclaren are looking at black box data when cars go in for any service?
That's probably the most interesting part of this article.
GrandAmGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:27 AM   #6
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
I'm sure Chevy does the same thing to try to renege on Warranties!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:28 AM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Well, not 'any' service (at least, you can't infer that from this article). The Porsche went in to get some recall work done on the engine. It was unspecified what the issue was with the McLaren but it looks like they had to take it in multiple times to fix something.

It makes absolute perfect sense that when there is a problem with the car, the dealer will pull as much diagnostic information from the car as possible & look for things that are out of whack. And so if you have a persistent (or multiple) issues with your McLaren (or any other car for that matter), and take it into a dealer for service ... why wouldn't you expect them to plug into the OBDII and download and and all data they can?

In the case of the Porsche, even though it went in because of a recall, the data can still be used to get more details about the causes and/or effects of the known issue so that it can be prevented or mitigated in future cars.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:29 AM   #8
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Every car company does this....doesnt matter if its an entry level civic....or the nsx.......people want to know about the competition and there is no better way then tearing down and beating on their product.
True! When I was a Test Driver for VW-Audi, there were always competitor cars in the shop and we would use them as Lead or Follow cars.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:30 AM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I'm sure Chevy does the same thing to try to renege on Warranties!
renege ... stopping people from scamming them out of free repairs ... same difference
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:53 AM   #10
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Chevy black boxes actually send all your data to the dealers via onstar (or whatever but I bet it's onstar.) My salesman used to call me and ask if I needed to buy more miles on my lease cause he kept getting notifications that based on monthly usage I was going to go over. He also said he hoped I was at a drag strip doing 118. If any of you think you even have a hint of anonymity or privacy left in this e-world you better be living in a cave with no contact to civilization
Old 07-27-2016, 11:51 AM   #11
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
True! When I was a Test Driver for VW-Audi, there were always competitor cars in the shop and we would use them as Lead or Follow cars.
I see them coming in on trailers all the time....sometimes they use enclosed car haulers and other times they are open trailers for all to see. The enclosed are more for transporting our own new models from location to location before the public can see.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:58 AM   #12
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Chevy black boxes actually send all your data to the dealers via onstar (or whatever but I bet it's onstar.) My salesman used to call me and ask if I needed to buy more miles on my lease cause he kept getting notifications that based on monthly usage I was going to go over. He also said he hoped I was at a drag strip doing 118. If any of you think you even have a hint of anonymity or privacy left in this e-world you better be living in a cave with no contact to civilization
Hello, this is OnStar. We received reports from your Camaro that you were holding a 1.2G lateral turn when exiting the highway. We are calling you to make sure you wear your seatbelt next time. Thank you for choosing OnStar.
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:26 PM   #13
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCruisin View Post
Hello, this is OnStar. We received reports from your Camaro that you were holding a 1.2G lateral turn when exiting the highway. We are calling you to make sure you wear your seatbelt next time. Thank you for choosing OnStar.
Hello this is Onstar we've received data that you've exceeded the posted speed limit by 40mph. We have disabled your vehicle and notified law enforcement for your own safety.
We could go on like this all day
Old 07-27-2016, 12:27 PM   #14
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Hello this is Onstar we've received data that you've exceeded the posted speed limit by 40mph. We have disabled your vehicle and notified law enforcement for your own safety.
We could go on like this all day
Lmaooo
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote