Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-14-2016, 05:31 PM   #1
jjbergie11

Drives: '10 Camaro SS ---> '15 Mustang GT
Somebody Slap Me!!!

Hello everybody, new member here. Love this site, I check it daily now that my college football career is over. So here is my incredibly stupid car history.

So it is spring of 2013, May to be exact, basically the end of my Junior year and I am lucky enough to be able to purchase a used 2010 Camaro SS with only 16,000 miles on it. Some of you may be thinking, this kid is a poor college football player, how is he able to afford this car?? Well let me just tell you the perks of being a D1 athlete hahah no I am just kidding, it had nothing to do with donors or anything like that. Fortunately I was lucky enough to have survived a dog attack when I was younger that granted me the pleasure of purchasing a car when I became of age. Without further ado here she is:

Attachment 788823

Attachment 788824

Anyways, first modifications Windows tinted, Matte White 20 Inch Motegi Rims, Blacked out Tail Lights

Attachment 788825

Attachment 788826

Attachment 788827

Simple modifications that made the car stand out from others. (In southern New Mexico the Camaro is EVERYWHERE)

Then I decided to get fancy.... I wanted to change up the front bumper, get a nice little paint job on it, add a Heritage Grill make it look real nice right?? Wrong!! I'll explain... so I couldn't really do this on my own and I didn't really know who to go to. One day I'm in the barbershop getting a hair cut and I am asking around if anybody knows a place I could have it done at and soon one of the barbers speaks up and says: "Aye fool my cousin lives in the same neighborhood as me, he's real good, gots his own shop and everything. He could probably hook that up for you. Probably won't barely charge you either fool." And there I am sitting bright eyed and enthusiastically, hook me up with his number. So I go over to his place, his shop is in the back yard of his house..... lol still, I have a great feeling about the situation. So I show him what I want says okay I can do that no problem. Charges me $600, I'm thinking cool he is about to hook it up. Drop the car off the next day, says he will have it done in three days. Well it's the end of day three and I call him to see where he is at, he tells me he needs another day. I'm thinking okay no problem. End of day four, call him up and he tells me "the paint is still drying" I reply "well can I see it?" he replies "well the shop (small garage that is located in his back yard) is heated up to a perfect temperature right now, I don't want to let any heat out" lol Alright then. I forgot to mention it is the middle of December, Christmas break for us students, and I have yet been able to take the car home and show it off to my friends I grew up with. I'm from Portland, Oregon and I am all set on driving home.......... for those who don't know it is something like a 26 hour drive somewhere around there. So I am eagerly waiting for my car cause I wanna get on the road. So it is now day 5 and I call him: Me: "whats up with my car man" Him: "well it is still drying and the bumper doesn't seem to be fitting right" Me:"Not fitting right?!?!?! I am on my way over have it ready outside!!" UGHH

What was I thinking y'all?? Anyways the job was terribly done! Bumper didn't line up correctly, paint was smeared as if he moved the car without it being dry, over all a terrible job. Only successful part was that I asked him to black out the rear end and remove the Hockey Stripe Decals and add Hash Marks on the fender. At lease he did that alright. These picture don't really show how bad the front bumper looked but I can assure you, it was not a good job.

Name:  2013-12-14 13.16.57.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  114.0 KB

Name:  2013-12-14 13.17.37.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  89.6 KB

So I was so upset that after my first two hours of driving back to Portland, I decided to turn around head back to Las Cruces, leave my car home, and catch a flight to Portland. Pretty stupid I know, turned out better anyways cause that was going to be one long trip!!! lol I did manage to get one compliment tho, as I am passing through the inspection station on I-10 the officer says "Damn nice car son... what year is this thing?" hahah it made me feel a little better but not for long.

Seven months go by suffering with that terrible front bumper kit and it is now my birthday and you guys already know what I want from my father. Lucky enough I talked him into it so yes I finally got a new bumper. Decided to go a new route to get the same similar look. Ordered some front bumper ports online and a front splitter. Went back to a GM Camaro bumper but cut out the fog lights and added the matte black ports instead and added the matte black splitter. I made the right decisions by just going to the dealership this time to have this done. When I was talking to the guys at the dealership, we were all having a good time laughing about the situation. He told me we all have that one story about trying to upgrade your car and going to somebody who knows somebody that can get it done. It was a good laugh and in the end it all worked out. They took care of my car and it looked great!! Sorry about the picture this happens to be the only one I have.

Name:  2014-12-06 23.38.39.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  83.9 KB

That was the last of the upgrades until I made a very bad decision!!!!

Name:  2015-01-22 09.44.56.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  102.2 KB

And this was the last picture I took of her!!

Now is where you guys can get mad and shun me forever or until I get back into a Camaro!!!!!! Yes I said it..... Spring 2015 I am driving down the road and I spot that new Mustang GT and boy did it look sweet! I drive to the dealership and check it out. It was very nice and yes I wanted it. So I trade my completely OWNED Camaro in for the new mustang! Of course at the time I loved it. Nobody could convince me I did the wrong thing, but I did. Unfortunately I am now in a Ford....yuck! I must say tho, one thing I do wish the Camaro had that the mustang does is the adaptive speed control. It is pretty sweet on the highway when all you have to do is steer, don't have to worry about the gas or breaks, the cars takes care of that for you!! So here are some pics of the mustang.

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  151.1 KB

Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  149.4 KB

Name:  image3.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  136.1 KB

Anyways....that is my story, hope you guys enjoyed! Desperately want and need to get back in the Camaro as soon as possible. Looking forward to being a part of the community now!
jjbergie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 05:42 PM   #2
jjbergie11

Images 1 & 2

Name:  2013-05-06 14.12.30-2.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  99.1 KB

Name:  2013-05-25 20.02.40.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  75.8 KB
Old 04-14-2016, 05:44 PM   #3
jjbergie11

Images 3,4,5

Name:  2013-06-28 15.45.34.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  130.0 KB

Name:  2013-07-26 13.26.51-2.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  125.0 KB

Name:  2013-09-23 17.17.19.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  99.8 KB
Old 04-14-2016, 06:03 PM   #4
BadBillyJack

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Don't see how this belongs on Camaro 6, but I bet the mustang looked nice with stock wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
The fact remains, the Camaro designers have another fail in not transferring the clothes hanger from the ATS to the Camaro.
I, and every other Camaro owner that hangs clothes in their cars, need a solution.
BadBillyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:51 PM   #5
jjbergie11

Lol geez nice to meet you too BadBillyJack
Old 04-14-2016, 06:58 PM   #6
BadBillyJack

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Haha, Don't take it personal. You wanted a "slap" right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
The fact remains, the Camaro designers have another fail in not transferring the clothes hanger from the ATS to the Camaro.
I, and every other Camaro owner that hangs clothes in their cars, need a solution.
BadBillyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:17 PM   #7
jjbergie11

Hahah guess you're right!!
Old 04-14-2016, 11:54 PM   #8
z28guy30

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
Trade the Mustang in and get back on Team Camaro! lol
Old 04-15-2016, 01:12 AM   #9
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBillyJack View Post
Don't see how this belongs on Camaro 6, but I bet the mustang looked nice with stock wheels.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 02:44 AM   #10
jjbergie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28guy30 View Post
Trade the Mustang in and get back on Team Camaro! lol
Yeahh I wish it were that simple! Problem is I still owe around 17 on the mustang and can't get a bank to approve that big of lone!