Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-20-2015, 11:37 AM   #1
BlackSmoke

Drives: 2013 Black SS 1LE
2014/15 fogs vs. 2013 fogs??

Does the diameter of the fogs differ on a 2013 camaro and a 2014 camaro??

I was wanting a set of these to try out but as far as the external water proof sets I can only find the ones in this link.... Will they fit 2013 non RS?

http://www.phastekperformance.com/Wa...c-1190-000.htm

trying to avoid having to pull my fogs off the car, cut them open like a melon, install the halos and put it all back together again.

If this add on will not work. Does anyone know where I could get a set of 6000k projector fog lights with ccfl halos already installed??
K & N Cold Air Intake, 25% window tint, 2 sets of 6000K LED fogs added, bow ties delete, Pypes catback mid exhaust, MGP Caliper covers, Spyder projection HID 6000K lighting with dual CCFL halos, Technostalgia Rapid Fire LED Tail Lights, blacked out rear bezels, Oracle Ghosted side marker lights, Platinum Ultra Rims, LED tag, dome, trunk lighting, Razzi Ground Effects, Billet Grille, Oracle Concept Mirrors, Eibach Pro Springs,
GM Strut Tower Brace and LED lit door sills.

Last edited by BlackSmoke; 09-20-2015 at 12:33 PM.
BlackSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 01:17 PM   #2
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Drives: 2017 1SS Camaro/6 speed
http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/l...-angel-eye-kit

You are welcome.

Side note: The fog lights bulb of the 14-15 are different than the 10-13, so no, they are not interchangeable.

*Diode Dynamic is an awesome company with great customer service and very high quality LED.
hzisfrom1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:45 PM   #3
BlackSmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzisfrom1994 View Post
http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/l...-angel-eye-kit

You are welcome.

Side note: The fog lights bulb of the 14-15 are different than the 10-13, so no, they are not interchangeable.

*Diode Dynamic is an awesome company with great customer service and very high quality LED.
That answers the diameter being different which I knew but was really hoping I was wrong.... but still leaves me with the elephant in the room issue at hand.
K & N Cold Air Intake, 25% window tint, 2 sets of 6000K LED fogs added, bow ties delete, Pypes catback mid exhaust, MGP Caliper covers, Spyder projection HID 6000K lighting with dual CCFL halos, Technostalgia Rapid Fire LED Tail Lights, blacked out rear bezels, Oracle Ghosted side marker lights, Platinum Ultra Rims, LED tag, dome, trunk lighting, Razzi Ground Effects, Billet Grille, Oracle Concept Mirrors, Eibach Pro Springs,
Old 09-20-2015, 09:04 PM   #4
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Drives: 2017 1SS Camaro/6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSmoke View Post
That answers the diameter being different which I knew but was really hoping I was wrong.... but still leaves me with the elephant in the room issue at hand.
How so? I thought the link I posted was what you were looking for? Is not? =/

*Never mind, I just saw that it is discontinued...
hzisfrom1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:14 PM   #5
Graphicsgod

Drives: 2015 Manual Hot Red 2LS Camaro
EBay if you want cheap!

Yeah I figured the hard way that they changed the size on the 2010-2013 vs. the 2014+15. The lights are like half the size of the old model. And are more expensive! But if you change your bumper ...
Old 09-20-2015, 09:46 PM   #6
BlackSmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzisfrom1994 View Post
How so? I thought the link I posted was what you were looking for? Is not? =/

*Never mind, I just saw that it is discontinued...
The single colors are discontinued - the RGB multi-color is available but that's still a insert. Cutting open the housing from the lense etc etc... There are lots of sources for just the ring. There just isn't enough options of fogs with the halo already installed. A strong projector fog light (6000K) with the ccfl halo installed making it a plug and play making this mod a piece of cake.