Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-20-2015, 07:12 PM   #1
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Should I take off my NPP and replace it by Borla ATAK?

I like my NPP exhaust , specially with the fuse pulled. But I'm always looking for ways to make the car sound better and perform. Just curious to knkw what people think will the outcome be I the NPP gets replaced by a Borla either cat back or axle back ??

Also is there a big improvement from the axle back to the cat back ?
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:45 PM   #2
'14-ELLIE

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE
Don't do either... Buy hi flo cats or cat less midpipes instead. You'll get the sound and gain some power too
'14-ELLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:48 PM   #3
cabbe

Drives: 2014 2ss 1le
And then sell your npp to me!
cabbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:56 PM   #4
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by '14-ELLIE View Post
Don't do either... Buy hi flo cats or cat less midpipes instead. You'll get the sound and gain some power too
Hey Lio, agreed put high flow cat's, i did and wouldn't ever change. The sound gives morning wood every time i start her. Hey Lio, on a different note, im looking at a turbo in the next 6 months. What i have found if like $6600.00 what did you fork out for yours?
Old 05-20-2015, 08:40 PM   #5
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Hey Lio, agreed put high flow cat's, i did and wouldn't ever change. The sound gives morning wood every time i start her. Hey Lio, on a different note, im looking at a turbo in the next 6 months. What i have found if like $6600.00 what did you fork out for yours?
I already hand JBA catless mid pipes. And recently bought a set of JBA shorty headers the only ones that work with the Turbonerics kit. Those will be installed in 2 weeks plus the Alky Meth Kit. But I'm still looking for a bit more of sound.

For the turbo I got mine for $5K from a member here a while back it was brand new. I think the Turbonetics goes for $7K or less. If you interested on it call them and ask for Reggie Wynn. He is the sales manager. Just tell him Lio sent you.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:04 PM   #6
'14-ELLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
I already hand JBA catless mid pipes. And recently bought a set of JBA shorty headers the only ones that work with the Turbonerics kit. Those will be installed in 2 weeks plus the Alky Meth Kit. But I'm still looking for a bit more of sound.

For the turbo I got mine for $5K from a member here a while back it was brand new. I think the Turbonetics goes for $7K or less. If you interested on it call them and ask for Reggie Wynn. He is the sales manager. Just tell him Lio sent you.
Reading this, i don't think the ATAK is going to get you where you want to be relative to the investment. Turbos naturally quiet an engine (like a muffler). There's really no way around that. You could always delete the mufflers altogether or do what I did and upgrade to a 3" Catback.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:06 PM   #7
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Go with Billy Boat or Corsa. Im really not a fan of the Atak. Doesn't sound good to me. I've heard the Atak in person.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:14 PM   #8
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
stay with NPP everyones crazy over them and in 10 years you will be able to sell them for a fat profit, youre welcome.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:19 PM   #9
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
stay with NPP everyones crazy over them and in 10 years you will be able to sell them for a fat profit, youre welcome.
Thanks for the comment. Now I'm debating on it. But it's true I got the car with it so it means A lot.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:20 PM   #10
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by '14-ELLIE View Post
Reading this, i don't think the ATAK is going to get you where you want to be relative to the investment. Turbos naturally quiet an engine (like a muffler). There's really no way around that. You could always delete the mufflers altogether or do what I did and upgrade to a 3" Catback.
Which 3 inch car back did you get and how much was it?
Old 05-20-2015, 09:45 PM   #11
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
All of you guys that have the solo high flow cats, are they throwing the check engine light or did everyone figure out how to not have the CEL w/o tuning? That's the only thing that's stopped me from adding Solo to exhaust.
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:08 PM   #12
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

What do you guys think of the Stainless Works 3 in all straight pipe. Quad tip car back ?

http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/manufa...aro-zl1-ca12cb
Old 05-21-2015, 12:11 AM   #13
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
If you plan on tracking your car, many tracks have 90-93 decibel limits and the NPP is at 89 under full throttle. here is what the NPP REALLY sounds like from behind, it does not get much better in my opinion.

backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:58 AM   #14
'14-ELLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
Which 3 inch car back did you get and how much was it?
I really wanted to Stainless Works 3" Quad Tip system but they sent me the wrong one (muffler resonated) for a turbo car. With your car being turbo, make sure you get the muffler delete version! (CA12CB-FML). Very important or you'll actually lose significant power (too much back pressure in a retro chambered).

Instead, I have the ZL1 Corsa with JBA cat less midpipes. Couldn't be happier. Has me wonder what the SW would be like though...