Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 03-23-2015, 01:19 PM   #1
RxDoc08
Jason

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Reverse Lockout

Wanted to get some input...I have a 2011 SS Camaro M6 and my shifter won't go past the gate to get the car into reverse. I can force it past the gate with quite a bit of force, but it won't slide past easily. Is there any way to check the reverse lockout solenoid to see if it's faulty without having to replace it or is there a possibility of a blown fuse that corresponds to the solenoid? I've done some looking, but can't find much info. Also, if it matters, it happened the same day I removed the helper spring from my clutch pedal. The car drove fine after removing it, but I drove it for about 30 miles, then put the car on jackstands to do an oil change. After the oil change is when I realized I couldn't get it into reverse.
Kook's headers w/ high flow cats, Borla S-Type, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI Inc. intake, Jannetty race scoop, Roto-Fab washer bottle relocation, Jannetty rough idle blower cam, DSS 9" w/ 3.70 gears, RPM Level 6 trans, Street Slayer Twin Carbon clutch, MGW Shifter, Pfadt trailing arms.
RxDoc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:34 PM   #2
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397249

Yes there is a fuse, and a solenoid, you will need a scanner that has the ability to activate the solenoid though and I honestly cant recall which ones do and don't. I don't know enough about our transmissions other than what this guy went through in the link I posted when it comes to the reverse lockout.

Check for unplugged sensors.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:04 PM   #3
RxDoc08
Jason

Any idea which fuse? I've been through them all and none looked bad. I did check all of the connections on the trans and they were all fine.
Kook's headers w/ high flow cats, Borla S-Type, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI Inc. intake, Jannetty race scoop, Roto-Fab washer bottle relocation, Jannetty rough idle blower cam, DSS 9" w/ 3.70 gears, RPM Level 6 trans, Street Slayer Twin Carbon clutch, MGW Shifter, Pfadt trailing arms.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:48 PM   #4
1KillerSS

I'm not at home or else I would look for you but it is either under the hood or on the side of the drivers side dashboard. Look in your owners manual it should tell you there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
Old 03-23-2015, 04:58 PM   #5
1KillerSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxDoc08 View Post
Any idea which fuse? I've been through them all and none looked bad. I did check all of the connections on the trans and they were all fine.
Made it home, I am sorry I couldn't find it either, I would post in that thread I linked or send the OP of that forum a PM and see if he can tell you which fuse it was. Sorry I cant help more.

Build thread
Old 03-24-2015, 10:26 AM   #6
RxDoc08
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Made it home, I am sorry I couldn't find it either, I would post in that thread I linked or send the OP of that forum a PM and see if he can tell you which fuse it was. Sorry I cant help more.
It's the MAF fuse under the hood, but mine is fine. I'm currently at a loss. I've bench tested the solenoid and it works fine. I verified that the solenoid is getting the correct voltage from the plug, but when I put it back in the car it doesn't work.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:16 PM   #7
1KillerSS

Something has to be unplugged underneath, or damaged. If the solenoid is good then did you verify that its even getting the signal to actuate? Kinda a dumb question, but I try to eliminate everything. There was a guy that changed his half shafts and got a stability track message after he was done, checked everything over and over, turned out that he had a damaged wheel speed sensor.

Build thread
Old 03-24-2015, 12:20 PM   #8
RxDoc08
Jason

I'm not sure it's getting enough voltage. I tested the solenoid on a good battery and it works fine, but at the plug underneath the car that hooks to the solenoid, I'm only getting 10.5 volts. Not sure if that's the norm or not. My car sits a lot during the colder months, so the battery doesn't always stay charged like it should.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:25 PM   #9
1KillerSS

I just re-read your original posting, you say you were in the drivers side compartment? Is it possible that you have moved your clutch position sensor out of alignment? Try jumping the switch.

Build thread
Old 03-24-2015, 09:24 PM   #10
RxDoc08
Jason

Problem solved. I should have checked this first, but for whatever reason the car had a P0502 DTC. I get it from time to time at the track after a burnout, but never just driving down the street. I reset the code and miraculously it's fixed.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:53 PM   #11
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
jokrz187

View My Garage

iTrader Rating: 1 reviews, 100%
Hey folks, I wanted to get some details about this situation. I just had a cam installed and now I'm getting the P0502 cel. I want to see if I can check the fuse and plugs and see if they are good. Can someone point me to the location of the fuse and where the connector would be.i had the car tuned as well
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 07:18 PM   #12
jokrz187

So I cleared out the cel and went ahead and jacked up the car since it's easy. Low and behold on the passenger side there was a connection not connected. I could barely get my hand up there but I got it to click and problem solved. Thanks to this forum for so much information.
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote