Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 03-09-2015, 09:16 PM   #1
shreker

Drives: 2010 camaro ss2
So I'm finally here!!!!

So I'm finally out here......and I must say I love it! People aren't so much ass clowns as they are in las vegas!!! Now it's been raining like crazy which I like very much. I'm staying out in friendswood! Nice town......so now I want to register my car and make it legal so the police stop staring at my car! Lol......... anyways I'm freaking out about the state inspection thing........I was told before I came out here that they really don't care what you do to your car. All I have is headers,muffler delete, Str8 cats! Tuned ofcourse and no check engine light, mil delete too. Can anyone help me out!!! By the way, can't wait to meet new people's here! Thanks
Old 03-09-2015, 10:33 PM   #2
GreaseMonkey

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro
Welcome to Texas , I should be in the friendswood/Alvin area on Wednesday since you're already there could you pick up my package (Radio) joking , But again welcome to Texas you're gonna like it here !
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:01 AM   #3
ex-SS-ve

Enjoy your stay. But i say you will have a blast with all the car related things to do in the area. As for inspections there are many ways around that. Got a guy i take mine to every year passes no problem. And again welcome to the area.
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:03 AM   #4
shreker

Drives: 2010 camaro ss2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve View Post
Enjoy your stay. But i say you will have a blast with all the car related things to do in the area. As for inspections there are many ways around that. Got a guy i take mine to every year passes no problem. And again welcome to the area.
Thanks guys for the welcome! But is there anyway you could tell me your number or address so I can take it?
Old 03-10-2015, 10:25 AM   #5
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I just had my inspection done this past weekend. As long as you're not throwing a code (CEL) you should be perfect. I have Kooks long tubes/hi-flo cats, and corsa cat back. Took them 20 min, and I was in/out.

FYI- they have changed things up here in TX effective this month, so you won't be getting a sticker for your inspection, but DO get it done prior to registration. You will have to be shown as inspected before they will issue you your state registration. At the inspection station, they'll plug you into the system as good to go, and THEN you'll be good to get your reg. Keep the sheet of paper the station provides as proof of inspection in the event something borks with the state system. Remember - it was put together by the lowest bidder....
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:52 PM   #6
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Welcome to Texas!! Check out our club at www.h-towncamaroclub.com, there are always events going on, we'd love for you to join us!
Old 03-12-2015, 12:58 AM   #7
Yimetime

Drives: 11 BLK 2SS/RS
Shreker?....welcome to the swamp laddeh
Old 03-12-2015, 08:52 PM   #8
EOD_Tech Infidel

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Welcome I am also Located in Friendswood. Check this site for some local events and a great group of car enthusiasts http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com
EOD_Tech Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 04:41 PM   #9
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Don't worry about the inspection. I am cammed and just had mine done yesterday. Passed without any issues.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:58 PM   #10
ex-SS-ve

that's the beauty of these cars. so long as the car is well sorted and the tune is on point. they can have 900rwhp and pass just like they did right off the showroom floor. my 93 however that was another story. one of the many things I do not miss about a obd 1 car...
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:25 AM   #11
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I passed. As long as all but 1 monitor is ready and no DTCs, it will pass...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:22 PM   #12
CamaroKaos

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I have Kooks headers, CAI, exhaust and a tune. I think as long as you dont have your check engine light on you should be good. I passed but they did almost fail me because my tires were bald. I was waitning on my new Invos to come in
CamaroKaos is offline   Reply With Quote