The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
rmaringa

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro
My biggest issue with Camaro owners

It's almost as if anytime someone has a complaint about their Camaro (which seems to be far too often on these forums) people vehemently jump to defend GM. I've even seen users call other users "fake" because their account is new. I guess I just don't understand the fanboy loyalty to Camaros. I personally think that GM put little effort into design and customer care of people who didn't buy 50k Camaros - and that's not right. "You get what you pay for", well not everyone can afford 60k for a car and the car shouldn't be on the market if it's going to have as many failures as they do. There seem to be way more problematic camaros than not.
rmaringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:49 PM   #2
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
Old 07-05-2014, 06:01 PM   #3
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
The perception that so many Camaros are broken or damaged from the factories is both inaccurate and illogical. Of course, this forum would be a boring place if no one had any complaints, but the reality is that some people like to complain. The main issue here is that people tend to have champaign tastes on beer budgets and expect Ferrari paint quality out of a Camaro LS—remember, they all get painted together, so your ZL1 is getting the same grade of paint as the LS on the lot next to it.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:20 PM   #4
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Seems like OP bought a used Camaro and had clutch issues.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #5
rmaringa

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Seems like OP bought a used Camaro and had clutch issues.
More than that. Im not the only one. It doesnt negate the point of my post though
rmaringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaringa View Post
It's almost as if anytime someone has a complaint about their Camaro (which seems to be far too often on these forums) people vehemently jump to defend GM. I've even seen users call other users "fake" because their account is new. I guess I just don't understand the fanboy loyalty to Camaros. I personally think that GM put little effort into design and customer care of people who didn't buy 50k Camaros - and that's not right. "You get what you pay for", well not everyone can afford 60k for a car and the car shouldn't be on the market if it's going to have as many failures as they do. There seem to be way more problematic camaros than not.
Its blatantly obvious that GM doesn't care.

Thats why they have people whose only job is to help folks on Camaro5 get their problems resolved -because GM doesn't care

Thats why they spend tons of money sending cars & personnel out to events like Camaro5Fest -because GM doesn't care

Thats why they have a group of 15 Camaro owners/enthusiasts that they consult with to make the car as right as they can -because GM doesn't care

Thats why they sacrificed a number of practical & cost aspects in the design of the car to make it look as much as possible like the 2006 concept (that people said "I want one, don't change a thing") -because GM doesn't care

Thats why, after realizing they may have gone a little too far in staying with the concept, they changed out the steering wheel to something more practical & ergonomic -because GM doesn't care

These are all very clear signs that GM wants nothing more than to take your money and move on to the next sucker who will fork over their cash.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:27 PM   #7
beebumble
Be humble or buzz off

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 RY
Not everyone is of the same opinion... That is normal, if it were otherwise I would be concerned. However you seem to lump everyone together, as in all Camaro owners are adament defenders of GM. That is simply not the case... I understand that in our digital age that social graces are less practiced let alone society being less and less face to face in a social environment ... Like any other social environment, as this forum is, people's opinions are to be respected but easily ignored or brushed off. It is that simple.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:45 PM   #8
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
My Camaro wasn't $50K, MSRP on mine was $33k and paid much less new. When I had top issues they stepped right up and agreed to replace it, but my dealer used an incompetent shop to do the job, even at that with the help of William, one of the several Chevy customer service represenitives on the forum, my issues we're addressed and taken care of by another dealer.
To just say they don't care unless you paid $50k for your Camaro is just untrue. Mainly many point the finger at GM for problems caused by the dealers not addressing them properly. You have to look at the problem in detail instead of automatically jumping on GM's case.

Anyhow instead of going by what you read on internet forums,( many people are members of several forums and post their same problems on each forum so one issue looks like several with the same one, in addition to posting their problem in multiple threads on that issue) look at the actual reliability records. I think you will find it shows you are incorrect.

I will defend any person, or any company on the forum I'd I feel they are being wrongly accused of some wrongdoing by someone that is reacting emotionally and not logically to ANY issue. If that makes me a fanboy then so be it.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 07-05-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:46 PM   #9
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
I think the other posters have got you set straight on most of your issues. As far as being new to forums goes...

You'll find that people are more helpful after you establish yourself in the forums better. I'm not saying forum goers ignore/troll new users, but as your post count rises and your join date drifts further into the past you'll find that you'll have an easier time communicating with the group.

Case and point: I wrote my thesis about mediatized perceptions of violent games and those who play them. My research involved the use of gaming forums. And do you know how people on gaming forums respond when your very first, day-one thread on their forum is a link to a survey site?? They think you're a spammer. And as a result of that do you know where I got 75% of my research data from? You guessed it... The Camaro5 gaming lounge.

Take it easy and build up your post count. Interact with other users, and join the family. Your gripes are important, but they don't make for a good first impression.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:54 PM   #10
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaringa View Post
More than that. Im not the only one. It doesnt negate the point of my post though
I'm sorry, but if your first post is complaining about your car, ranting about how you've sworn off GM, using expletives, talking about how you should've bought a BMW, people are going to write you off as a troll. It's just how forums work.