Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 08-04-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
DevilKnightFalcon Takes Delivery

...from Courtesy Chevrolet in Phoenix, just moments ago. I had a little advance notice that he'd be at the dealership this morning, so I thought I'd trek the 1/4 mile over there to say hello and see him take delivery.

It was kind of funny how some random guy in the showroom was trying to talk to him about painting stripes on when the salesman pulled the car up out front...DKF wasn't listening anymore.

I took some (not so good) pictures; here they are:

Boy, these pics do not do the car justice! Very nice ride, and I'm sure he'll enjoy it for a long time to come. Hopefully he see this and signs in to tell us about the whole experience, from order to dealer, delivery and driving.

I know he's going to have his stripes painted on, so I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product, tinted windows and all.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Hey guys. I'm at work right now but i'll post a full report later tonight.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via AIM to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Congrats!!!!
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #4
AZ2010SS
2G1FT1EW5A9116928

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 Camaro
Told ya..Monday or Tuesday...Congrats on the sweet ride!!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:38 PM   #5
DevilKnightFalcon

Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Hey guys sorry about the late reply. Basically everyone I know came over to see the car today so i've been crazy busy. I'll give you a brief rundown of today and add more later when I have time.

First off I arrived at the dealer at 10:00am and was out of there at right around Noon, however not all that time was spent on paperwork. First thing they did was pull the car around up front for me to take a look and have some pictures snapped (thanks JohnnyB). They I FINALLY got to take her out for a test drive, now keep in mind I have never driven or even gone for a ride in a Camaro yet. I'll give my impressions of the car and ride in a second. After that is was back to the dealership for paperwork. I financed part of the purchase through Pentagon Federal and wrote a check for the other part. The paperwork itself went fairly quick, it just took awhile for them to get ahold of PenFed and get some info from them but all-in-all it was probably 45 minutes. After that it was out to the car for a quick walk-thru and to activate on-star. Went by the pro-shop and arranged to bring the car back on Friday to have my windows tinted. After that I was free to go! The whole process was very painless and I have nothing but great things to say about everyone I have dealt with at Courtesy Chevrolet. Ok so on to my impressions of the car!

The Good:
I know we have heard it a million times but WOW this car is beautiful. The ride is incredibly smooth. Coming from a 2000 Mustang it was like night and day. The ride is quiet but you can hear the engine when you put your foot down. I love the interior on the car. I don't understand how anyone would have any complaints about it. Everything seems to be great quality and it is extremely comfortable. The electronics are outstanding, within minutes I had my phone synced up and was able to make calls and play music without any problems. I was absolutely blown away by the power on the V6 and I haven't even really stepped on it yet (I am forcing myself to be good and try to break the engine in) but even with the slightest press the car is extremely quick. I must say that I was really REALLY worried about the visibilty and was shocked that it ended up being a total non-issue for me. I had no problems using the mirrors and did plenty lane changing.

The Bad:
The only complaint I have about the car is how pathetic the exhaust sounds. The car is almost totally silent when you turn it on and revving the engine really doesn't do much. I will quickly be replacing the stock exhaust system with the new Borla or something.

Anyways thats all I have time for right now. I will have plenty of pics and more to write when I have some more time. If you guys have any requests or questions about the car please don't hesitate to ask!!

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
Old 08-04-2009, 11:49 PM   #6
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Congrats!! It's about time!!

so.. i was off a week...
Old 08-04-2009, 11:54 PM   #7
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
My first impression when you started the car was how quiet it was. VERY. QUIET. Not that it is necessarily a bad thing, just not what you'd expect.

DKF, did you get my card? It has my cell phone number on it in case you want to cruise in the future, as in, when mine comes in...soon...

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:16 AM   #8
DevilKnightFalcon

Yes I got it and have it safely at home. We'll definitely have to go for a drive when yours comes in.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:44 AM   #9
MikeySoft
Mikey

Drives: 2010 CorvetteGS, 2010 3LT RS Camaro
Right on Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Hey guys. I'm at work right now but i'll post a full report later tonight.
:party0038::party0038:

DKF, Your Car is Amazing! Congrates!

Now go drive that Car!

Hope to see you this Weekend!
MikeySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:00 PM   #10
DevilKnightFalcon

Getting the car tinted tomorrow and then i'll be taking some pics. Not sure if I will be at the Pavilions this weekend but we'll see.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:38 PM   #11
MikeySoft
Mikey

Drives: 2010 CorvetteGS, 2010 3LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Getting the car tinted tomorrow and then i'll be taking some pics. Not sure if I will be at the Pavilions this weekend but we'll see.
I know your out in the garage, huh? admiring that car? Or reading your manual huh?

MikeySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:04 PM   #12
bluedevil02

Drives: 2LT/RS
congrats sic ride, same combo i was gona go with but switchd to summit white lol
bluedevil02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #13
DarricSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Gratz!!
Old 08-07-2009, 04:23 PM   #14
kstmbkes

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2ss Rally yellow
Send a message via Yahoo to kstmbkes
congrats devil you'll love it.
kstmbkes is offline   Reply With Quote