Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #1
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Never ever talked to OnStar about the Z, but yet...

Continue to enjoy your OnStar services. Trouble viewing this email? Click here.

We hope you're getting the most from the OnStar¹ services in your 2013 Chevrolet Camaro. Your trial period ends on 02/27/14. However, because you enrolled in the OnStar Continuous Coverage program, we'll automatically bill $xx.xx² each month to the payment method you've already provided, ensuring you receive uninterrupted OnStar services.
If you prefer, you can save up to 17%³ and get the convenience of a one-time payment by choosing an annual plan. Either way, you can sit back, relax, and continue to enjoy services like:

Monthly OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics emails detailing the health of critical vehicle systems

The peace of mind of Automatic Crash Response and 24/7 access to Emergency Advisors
Thank you and we look forward to your continued relationship with OnStar.

Available Service Plans
Directions & Connections
Your current plan. Includes all Safe & Sound services plus Turn-by-Turn Navigation.
Annual cost: $*
Monthly cost: $*
Safe & Sound
Includes OnStar Emergency, Connections, Diagnostics, and Security services.
Annual cost: $*
Monthly cost: $*
Account Information
Account Number: xxx-xxx-xxx
Vehicle: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro
Service Plan: Directions & Connections Plan
Hands-Free Calling Number: 803.xxx.xxxx

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774

Last edited by el ess A; 01-07-2014 at 06:18 PM.
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #2
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Email came today. Just amazing...they're going to automatically bill me for something I've never discussed ONE THING about to them. Not once. They've never talked to me, nor I to them about the ZL1. EVER. Yet they feel they can simply charge me for something they're NOT AUTHORIZED TO DO. I never told them yes, I never signed up for coverage, never pressed the blue button EVER in the car. EVER. But since I re-upped the wife's CTS, they think they can just tap into my wallet whenever they want.

The email above is what they sent me. The only alteration I did was obviously money numbers and account/phone numbers.

They got some balls... some big ol' balls. Friggin' a-holes. Obviously time for another fun phone call.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:09 PM   #3
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Join the club. The complaints against onstar regarding billing issues are endless.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:46 PM   #4
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
It should have been set up with you when you took delivery. My guess is the dealer did it without you. If you don't want it you can just tell them so. In fact you can probably do it by pressing the blue button and talking to them.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:50 PM   #5
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
if car is new, you get onstar for free for like 6 months.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:59 PM   #6
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Soon you will get

Costumer service ,,,,,soooo sorry it happen to ,,,,,
If you PM us I [we] will open a case number
PS , NOT TO WORRY " it's just a few dollars /day , and it will give you that peace of mind that you deserve
,,,,,,,,,,,hello
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #7
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
Got same thing in mail myself about another Chevy car.
Just amazing how they do business.
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:09 PM   #8
Blue-J

Drives: 2013 2LT HWSE
My free 6 months ended on a Sunday in Nov. I had to wait for office hours on Monday to cancel. I had already been billed. I was credited within a few days. No problem. Today I also received an email to call. May think about it in the spring for the 6 month special price if available. Then Blue-J probably returns to next years hibernation.
Blue-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:10 PM   #9
mvrekic
Friction is a drag.

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Send a message via Skype™ to mvrekic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
Join the club. The complaints against onstar regarding billing issues are endless.
Dealer gets 50 bucks comission for each "activated" customer (at least they do in Canada).
Old 01-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #10
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
I went to cancel my onstar and they gave me a lower rate of about 11.00 iirc, then automatically upped it about a year later. I got frustrated by never consistently receiving their service emails and keeping it on a car that I dont drive everyday just seemed like a waste, so I canceled it.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:28 PM   #11
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Well I want and use the service. But I'm making sure they don't get a card number from me. About a week and a half I got directions from them and she reminded me my service is up this month, they'd be happy to take a card. I told them to send me an invoice so I can send a money order. She still tried to press for ways to get financial info from me. I said no. However, the invoice hasn't shown up yet, I'm a bit surprised.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:44 PM   #12
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
thats the trick! do NOT give XM, Onstar, or any of these car services a credit card. i never have. i tell them to send me invoice. if i dont want the service, i dont send a check. plain and simple. they wont continue to harrass if they have no money from you.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:53 PM   #13
FJ60

Drives: '13 2SS RS 1LE ; '85 Landcruiser
I've been waiting for the dreaded auto reup from On-Star but was never contacted nor billed since my free service expired in November. Last night it dawned on me that my credit card number was stolen a few weeks after I purchased the car and I was issued a new account. Problem avoided, I guess.
FJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:16 PM   #14
Dustin503

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS/RS
I just cancelled on-star today. Saw where I was charged almost $30 last month and this month on my credit card statement. I was told that it was enrolled for free when I bought the car last may. Strange thing is that I never gave them my credit card information, have no idea how they got it. Kind of wondering if the dealer somehow gave it to them. It wasn't that difficult to cancel but they definitely gave a lecture trying to get me to stay. Just persisted that I wanted it cancelled and they did.
Dustin503 is offline   Reply With Quote