Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-10-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
My car is being held hostage

My camaro showed up in my local train yard on Saturday the 4th. I has been sitting there for a week now.

My dealer (great guys) have been trying to get the car every day this week. So far Union Pacific has stated their computers have crashed. They are not releasing any cars until the system comes back up.....

I find this hard to believe due to the fact I come home the place is packed at night, I leave for work the next morning and the place is empty.. except for my car :(
" First, there was darkness, Then, On March 16th, Scott said LET THERE BE CAMARO, and there was Camaro, and Scott saw that it was good. Camaro5 3:16"

VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9120523
ETA 7/6/09 (Delivered 7/10/09)
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
slowerthanu

Drives: 2ss on order, 06 f-150
Two words my friend Patriot Act
slowerthanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
MikeySoft
Mikey

Drives: 2010 CorvetteGS, 2010 3LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinZero View Post
My camaro showed up in my local train yard on Saturday the 4th. I has been sitting there for a week now.

My dealer (great guys) have been trying to get the car every day this week. So far Union Pacific has stated their computers have crashed. They are not releasing any cars until the system comes back up.....

I find this hard to believe due to the fact I come home the place is packed at night, I leave for work the next morning and the place is empty.. except for my car :(
Totally know how you feel. My car has been at the Phoenix Rail Yard... (I can't even figure out where that is.... ) since 7-8

Everyone elses Cars seem to be moving out of that Rail yard but mine.
MikeySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowerthanu View Post
what the hell does that have to do with anything

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowerthanu View Post
Are you saying that this car is a terrorist?
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
AZ2010SS
2G1FT1EW5A9116928

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeySoft View Post
Totally know how you feel. My car has been at the Phoenix Rail Yard... (I can't even figure out where that is.... ) since 7-8

Everyone elses Cars seem to be moving out of that Rail yard but mine.

Same thing happened to me. Mine got there on the 3rd and had to wait till Thursday the 8th to get it. But Mikey, believe me ... its more than worth the wait!!
Old 07-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
MikeySoft
Mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2010SS View Post
Same thing happened to me. Mine got there on the 3rd and had to wait till Thursday the 8th to get it. But Mikey, believe me ... its more than worth the wait!!
I should be doing But here I am doing this :bangdesk: Sigh..... Soooo yea. Your right, your right.

How are you enjoying your car? Tell me everything you think? What do you love about it? What don't you love about it? how many Miles have you driven? Does everyone stare at you going down the street? Have you added anything to it?

Are you going out to the Pavillions? I want to see it...

Just took the vette out for a spin.... It always makes me feel better. Yea I'm good. everything is good. I can wait..
Old 07-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #8
AZ2010SS
2G1FT1EW5A9116928

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 Camaro
I feel your pain for sure! I went to the damn train yard every day to try and get a look but it was Tuesday before it was even unloaded!

In answer to your questions ... I love this car! It is absolutely amazing! The only thing I can find that I wish they would have done differently is I wish they would have run the ambient lighting across the dash like the prototype! Other than that its perfect! I have about 200 miles on it and it would be alot more but my business has been taking up alot of my time the last few weeks. And yes, you are a rock star in this car! People speed up and slow down to get a look at it. People give you at stop lights. Every where you go people want to talk about it and get a close look. My mechanic spent a half hour strolling around it in amazement! I also learned that if you are in a hurry never stop at a auto parts store!! I couldn't get out of there!! I had probably 10 different people want to get a look at it!! Its truly a unbelievable experience to own and drive one of these cars!

So far the only thing Ive added is window tint ... 35 front and 5 back. The train yard is just north of Buckeye between 8th street and about 14th street. My office is about a mile from there so Ill stop and see if I can see anything. Im sure you'll have your car the first part of next week!!

What's the pavilions?
Old 07-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #9
MikeySoft
Mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2010SS View Post
I feel your pain for sure! I went to the damn train yard every day to try and get a look but it was Tuesday before it was even unloaded!

In answer to your questions ... I love this car! It is absolutely amazing! The only thing I can find that I wish they would have done differently is I wish they would have run the ambient lighting across the dash like the prototype! Other than that its perfect! I have about 200 miles on it and it would be alot more but my business has been taking up alot of my time the last few weeks. And yes, you are a rock star in this car! People speed up and slow down to get a look at it. People give you at stop lights. Every where you go people want to talk about it and get a close look. My mechanic spent a half hour strolling around it in amazement! I also learned that if you are in a hurry never stop at a auto parts store!! I couldn't get out of there!! I had probably 10 different people want to get a look at it!! Its truly a unbelievable experience to own and drive one of these cars!

So far the only thing Ive added is window tint ... 35 front and 5 back. The train yard is just north of Buckeye between 8th street and about 14th street. My office is about a mile from there so Ill stop and see if I can see anything. Im sure you'll have your car the first part of next week!!

What's the pavilions?
That would be amazing! Buckeye, hmm have to look that up on a map. Buckeye Road, right? Between 8th & 14th. Hmmm not to far from Chandler.

Pavillions? You have never gone? You have to go. Every Sat. around 3-8 the entire Phx Area meets at a shopping strip called the Pavillions. Thousands of cars show up there, in fact its so organized you won't believe it. Vettes, HotRods, Bikes, RestroMods, Imports, you name it. Its so much fun. Even some vendors show up there to sell parts and services. I've been a Vette guy for along time so my Son and I have been going for at least 10 years. You would be surprised that even in this heat the place fills up in the late afternoon. Vette Night is always the 1st Saturday of the month, but all that really means is twice the amount shows up on that Saturday. I think they are going to make a parking area for Camaro right next to the Corvette area, so I was told by one of the organizers.

Ok so you ask how do I get there right?

Not sure where you are but I come from Chandler so I just jump on the 101 North and exit Indian Bend Rd. After exit Make a LEFT hand turn on to Indian Bend. About 5 Blocks up you'll see a McDonalds, go past that and make your first right into the Pavillions Shopping Mall. Then another right into the Parking lot. Yea you won't bel. it.

There is always a DJ setup playing some Classic Rock, and lots of Car people and Tons of MODS to look at, Ideas to get on what you could do to your car.

Most of the year its coordinated with most of the Big Car Auctions in the Valley as well. Seems like there is always something going on there.

So, Your Invited! OK? Check out http://www.cruisinarizona.com/carshows.html as well.

Keeps you posted on most of the local Car stuff going on!

During the summer I've found the best time to go is around 4-5 when it starts to cool down abit. My son and I go at least one time a month Park in the Corvette section get an IceCream at McDonalds and walk up and down the isles and talk to all the owners and look at all the cars. Many make a whole day out of it.

Next time I go I'll email everyone and we'll see if we can get a group of us to show up! Last time I went there many Camaro's but only 1 new one.

Mikey

Last edited by MikeySoft; 07-12-2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Finding out if Event changed.....
Old 07-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #10
dannahL

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT
Don't feel bad, mine was built and ready to ship on 5/28 and still sitting at the plant waiting to be shipped. Dealer has even paid the invoice. It totally stinks!!!
dannahL is offline   Reply With Quote