The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Angry Hit a curb last night on the way home DAMMIT!

I was hit with a surprise blizzard while at work and all the roads were just covered on top of that we had frozen rain earlier so it was basically snow covered ice. I was heading on a road with a lot of curves going at least 10 under to avoid sliding. Well I was not so lucky I slide and hit and went onto a sidewalk/curb near a guardrail (just coming a few inches away from hitting that ). I backed up back on to the street and drove a few blocks nothing seemed out of whack, alignment was fine I pulled into a parking lot but with the snow so thick I could not tell if I did any damage.

well this morning after shoveling my driveway and backing out I noticed I was low on one side, I got out of the car and saw my rim was on the ground with a nice little bend in the lip of the rim enough to let all the air leak out of the tire overnight. so here I am with less than 2hrs till I have to go to work with a car that I cannot drive. I am getting a ride thankfully but finding a rim that is a direct replacement for my factory 16" alloy is tough.

GOD I HATE WINTER
Old 03-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Update: a local shop that fixes cars and sells tires found me a wheel shipping in from Pittsburgh I should get it in a few days, I still hate winter tho.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
get it fixed and get winter tires next time, this is my first winter with my camaro and no accidents or what not and I'm in Alaska

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
Bumble.Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: Prius
You should just sell the other 3 rims and get the 20inch. My SUV has 16's lol.
Bumble.Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Update: my wheel came in Thurs but it came in while I was at work so this morning I drove over had them swap out the damaged rim and also topped off the air in my other tires and all is good was in an out less than 30 min.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
Bumble.Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: Prius
Good.
Bumble.Bee is offline   Reply With Quote