The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions General topics on the Corvette C7 Stingray.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,412
Post Great Article: Paying Homage to the Past while Leaping Forward

Article

Highlights :

"the 100,000 mile warranty covers track use! (Take that Nissan, for equipping your cars with a launch control system…that voids the warranty!) Of course, they don’t want you chipping the ECU, or bolting on a set of Hoosiers. The warranty is only valid for the car as delivered."

"(
Gauge cluster configuration)is a configurable display setup, that yes, can be set to mimic an analog tach!"



"All doors are adjusted in their opening on the assembly line for perfect joining gaps, and if the interior panel, which is usually fixed to the door doesn’t match the dash by as little as 1/16th of an inch, drivers will notice it in an instant. Helen did something that is unheard of at GM. She invited the manufacturing engineers up to the studio and asked them for a solution."

"
To my eye, the only ‘miss’ is the steering wheel, which is actually aluminum. But due to glare issues, it’s anodized a dark grey, which is a shame because it just doesn’t ‘read’ as aluminum. I wondered out loud if a milled section or edge to reveal the core aluminum might help. Turns out I hit a moving target, and Helen suggested I hold off final judgment as the preproduction car we were in wasn’t finalized in that particular area.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2007 Ford F-150
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 31,687
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
"To my eye, the only ‘miss’ is the steering wheel, which is actually aluminum. But due to glare issues, it’s anodized a dark grey, which is a shame because it just doesn’t ‘read’ as aluminum. I wondered out loud if a milled section or edge to reveal the core aluminum might help. Turns out I hit a moving target, and Helen suggested I hold off final judgment as the preproduction car we were in wasn’t finalized in that particular area.
For whoever was asking what GM means by "Pre-production model shown. Production car may vary," this is what they meant.
__________________
FenwickHockey65's GM Thread!

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl
 
CamaroSkooter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 9,685
Meaning a few things will be tweaked here and there.

Kind of like ABL on the Camaros...
__________________

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,551
Another reason to convince the dictator to let me track it.


Love that freaking cubby hole!
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
Gohan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Quote:
"the 100,000 mile warranty covers track use!
How's that for standing behind your product and encouraging owners to use C7 up to its abilities! Go

And that's a useful USB port behind the nav screen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #6
volsfan0911
 
Drives: '10 GTI for now
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
How's that for standing behind your product and encouraging owners to use C7 up to its abilities! Go

And that's a useful USB port behind the nav screen.
I'm just very thankful they didn't copy Caddy with the capacitive buttons (which don't work worth a damn and are hard to use in a moving car ). Test drove an ATS and although I loved a lot of things about the car, CUE was NOT one of them. This is one case where Chevy did a much better job with MyLink, I hate the touch screen in my VW because it's slow and laggy. If the C7 has the same interface and hardware as the last Malibu I had for a rental? Then it's all good. And the USB port is awesome. Plug in your phone and then shut the door. Phone is out of sight, not rattling around loose in a cupholder , the voice commands work well and the media interface is really good. Only downside was it didn't charge my Galaxy Note 2 quickly but that's really more the phone (3100 mamph battery so needs a high current car charging setup) than the car's fault.
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #7
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteSkooter View Post
Meaning a few things will be tweaked here and there.

Kind of like ABL on the Camaros...
Don't get me started
__________________
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2007 Ford F-150
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 31,687
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsfan0911 View Post
I'm just very thankful they didn't copy Caddy with the capacitive buttons (which don't work worth a damn and are hard to use in a moving car ). Test drove an ATS and although I loved a lot of things about the car, CUE was NOT one of them. This is one case where Chevy did a much better job with MyLink, I hate the touch screen in my VW because it's slow and laggy. If the C7 has the same interface and hardware as the last Malibu I had for a rental? Then it's all good. And the USB port is awesome. Plug in your phone and then shut the door. Phone is out of sight, not rattling around loose in a cupholder , the voice commands work well and the media interface is really good. Only downside was it didn't charge my Galaxy Note 2 quickly but that's really more the phone (3100 mamph battery so needs a high current car charging setup) than the car's fault.
You just have to know how to use it. Our head editor at GMI has had zero problems using CUE in his ATS. Volt has touch capacitive buttons as well and nobody complains about those.
__________________
FenwickHockey65's GM Thread!

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #9
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family
 
guiLT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Maxima
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 6,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
How's that for standing behind your product and encouraging owners to use C7 up to its abilities! Go

And that's a useful USB port behind the nav screen.
I agree. It shows that Chevrolet knows the Corvette can handle it. Which should make the buyer even more satisfied.
__________________
guiLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #10
Tony Alonso
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 42
Interesting to hear about the warranty covering track use...just don't wad it up in turn 1 when you come flying down the straightway
Tony Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #11
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso View Post
Interesting to hear about the warranty covering track use...just don't wad it up in turn 1 when you come flying down the straightway
Warranty does not cover ADS. (Accidental dumbass syndrome)
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #12
Tony Alonso
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
Warranty does not cover ADS. (Accidental dumbass syndrome)
Which is why I hope we don't hear about someone saying "well, I had the Driver Mode Selector turned to 'track' so I thought I was safe from crashing!"
Tony Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #13
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso View Post
Which is why I hope we don't hear about someone saying "well, I had the Driver Mode Selector turned to 'track' so I thought I was safe from crashing!"
Hopefully im not that guy
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.