Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 01-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #1
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
Post Video: Camaro Smoked Taillight Kit Application - HeadlightArmor

Thinking of smoking out the taillights of your Camaro? This video shows the application of our (darkest) Stealth Smoke Taillight Kit on a 2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS / RS from Headlight Armor. Our Smoked Tail Light kits are available in several shades of Smoked from Light to Dark! The application is in real time and uncut. Let us know what you think. We have a variety of photo tutorials on the site here but this one shows you how to apply the material "live". Give it a "like" if it was helpful! Let us know if you have any questions on the application.

Last edited by HeadlightArmor; 10-10-2018 at 09:36 AM.
HeadlightArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
Leviathan
Sold my Camaro. :-(

Drives: 2013 Silberado Z71
Nice! Thanks!

I'd like to smoke mine, but how much does it dim the tail lights? Safety first and all that, are the brakes and blinkers still pretty visible during a bright sunny day?

Edit: Just now saw the before and after. Looks good!
Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #3
HeadlightArmor

glad you liked it. we posted the testing shot video earlier:

Old 01-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
Nice! Thanks!

I'd like to smoke mine, but how much does it dim the tail lights? Safety first and all that, are the brakes and blinkers still pretty visible during a bright sunny day?

Edit: Just now saw the before and after. Looks good!
The car in the video is my car that I got tinted recently. During the day the brake lights are just as bright as they were prior to the tint. At night, you can't tell the difference.

The smoked tint on the IBM is beautiful. I did the rear lights and side markers. Everything blends in perfectly now :-).
Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor View Post
Thinking of smoking out the taillights of your Camaro? This video shows the application of our (darkest) Stealth Smoke Taillight Kit on a 2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS / RS from Headlight Armor. Our Smoked Tail Light kits are available in several shades of Smoked from Light to Dark! The application is in real time and uncut. Let us know what you think. We have a variety of photo tutorials on the site here but this one shows you how to apply the material "live". Give it a "like" if it was helpful! Let us know if you have any questions on the application.

Thanks again for taking care of the install, the car looks great. I still have yet to wash it. Can't wait to get it call cleaned up and take some pictures with the new wheels that I got installed later that day.

Great video!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #6
HeadlightArmor

Glad you like the vid! Have not seen too many IBM Camaro's, it really is a great color!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor View Post
Glad you like the vid! Have not seen too many IBM Camaro's, it really is a great color!
I agree, I haven't seen too many. I posted some pictures btw today since I got the car washed. Looks great!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...85#post6086985
Camero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #8
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Sweet! I'll be doing this Saturday. I had a bit of a fail moment a few days ago (an abundance of cat fur) so I thought I'd take it to a local guy but he started talking about removing the tail lights, using some special adhesive, blah blah blah $50....HA yeah right.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #9
HeadlightArmor

Glad it was helpful. The Camaro taillight kit is a pretty easy install, but we were glad to be able to get the video shot and uploaded